Eze Software Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2014
Updated Sep 29, 2014

3.1

Leadership Development Program Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Eze Software in February 2012.

Initial phone screen--recruiter called 10 minutes late and the interview only took around 10 minutes. Easy questions (go through resume, what do you know about Eze, what interests you about technology and finance).

GTS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in June 2010.

Phone interview scheduled after almost 2 weeks due to HR being unresponsive. Phone interview was quick and heard back about coming in person quickly. They did not pay for travel expenses but they do now. Interview was mostly personality and not technical although the company is a software.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation is looked down on. Although the interview is mostly personality- consider that the job is very technical and so are other opportunities in the company.

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Eze Software in November 2011.

Applied through my school and then got a call for a phone interview. Very friendly - I hope I hear from them soon. First interview just basic stuff...why Eze? Strenghts/Weaknesses, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in November 2011.

Did a resume drop at a career fair, though only vaguely interested in the position. After being contacted several times by the company to find out if I was still interested, I decided to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic, essentially going through interesting points on my resume. After getting through that, I was invited to schedule a first round interview in their Boston office.

The interview itself wasn't very challenging, there were two problem solving/math questions and the rest was all a personality interview.

I'd done some research on the company, and you should definitely know about the OMS and their competitors, but otherwise, they aren't looking for people with heavy finance or tech backgrounds. It's more a matter of personality fit than anything.

Interview Questions
    • The first problem solving question was a marketing sizing "How many text messages are sent in the U.S. in a year?"   Answer Question
    • "You have a key, a lock, a box and a diamond in Boston, and your parents have a different key, lock and a box in San Francisco. You are using a fast, cheap shady shipping service that will steal anything that isn't locked down, such as a key or unattached lock and will use the key to open a locked box and steal the diamond if it is sent with it."   View Answer

Intern Interview

Whole process took about 2 months after I applied to hear back and interview. Pretty standard interview questions

Interview Questions
    • None, all were just about my resume and past experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in February 2014.

Applied through Campus website. Called about three weeks later to do a phone interview. A few weeks after the phone interview I was moved on to a Skype interview with two managers. This was an awful idea. The connection was terrible on their end. They asked me a bunch of ridiculous questions - mostly behavioral. I then had an interview in their Chicago office, which is in a nice location, but the office itself is dark and desolate. During the in-person interview I met with three people. All of them had their phones out and were receiving text messages while I was trying to interview. They were mostly uninterested in what I had to say. A couple weeks later I received an offer. The pay is just okay for the area I'd be required to live in. I was mostly turned off after learning about what the job entails and ended up declining.

This job is mostly tech support. If that's your thing then this COULD be for you. If you don't want to be tech support, run away. You really don't need a business degree to do this job from what I understood.

Interview Questions

They really fool you with the whole "leadership development program" nonsense.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

interviewed at Eze Software in May 2012.

Three rounds 2 fit one questions

Junior Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Eze Software in March 2012.

One phone interview on OO concepts. One technical on site interview was much on the resume and some coding skills

Software Engineering Intern At Eze Castle Software Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software.

First round was on OOPS concepts. Difference between C and Java. About resume and tell logic for printing 'a' if given number is divisible by 5 and 'b' if it is divisible by 15. Second interview was scheduled for 1 hr but interview went on for only 10 minutes asking about projects which I did.

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected questions. Prepare on OOPs concepts and basic data structures.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer (C# .NET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eze Software in January 2013.

Applied through my University. Two telephonic screenings. First one was very easy. All questions are already on Glassdoor like why there is no multiple inheritance in C#. inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation etc. example of polymorphism. Second round - some more OOPS concepts ...now in depth .... no more definitions.. asked me to write prototype for a class stack.... like function (typename T) void push(T t); etc
    Another question related to polymorphism - We have an interface Ianimal with a function eat() and three classes derive from it - Class Tiger, Class jellyfish and class Zebra. All these classes implement eat(). Now we have another class zooKeeper which implements a function feed(). Now using feed() call eat() function. Finally it was the Onsite interview. First round is a one hour test with one question - you have 3 presorted very large arrays. Find the first common element amongst them. No duplicates in each of the array. I gave an answer using hash table and it had a time complexity of O(3n) and space complexity of O(n) but the interviewer wanted a solution in O(n) time and O(1) space. Together we worked the solution and he contributed most to the solution. I would tell you the answer but then this question will no longer remain in the test. The only reason why this question is still on the exam since 2009 is that nobody wrote the answer to it on the web. Rest of the rounds were easy mostly pertaining to my resume and other behavioral questions. And yes you will have to pay for onsite interview expenses yourself. In the last round I was interviewed by a guy with strong accent and he asked me a to right code for binary search. I know it is fairly simple but I messed up as I made a mistake in calculating the mid and that was it when I lost my confidence and started messing up.

Overall the interview was very I easy if I hadn't messed up and lost my confidence and started making mistakes. All interviews will be on board.

Interview Questions
    • you have 3 presorted very large arrays. Find the first common element amongst them. No duplicates in each of the array.   Answer Question