Eze Software Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

3.1

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I met with two employees at my university's career fair. About a week later I had a phone interview. They were about 20 minutes late with the call which was frustrating and unprofessional. After that, they set up an interview at the office. Spoke with 3 managers (1 QA, 2 Connectivity, I believe). Each one sounded pretty miserable and not super friendly. They asked typical behavioral questions and then 2 of them asked brain teasers. I really think they try to make themselves seem more legit than they are with these brain teasers. The program seemed very specific to their company. They also mentioned multiple times that at the end of the program a position as a business consultant is not guaranteed. This was a big red flag for me as it essentially meant that I could be out of a job in 2 years if they didn't have any openings to throw me into. I would not recommend this position anyone unless they are determined to do tech support for some reason.

Interview Questions

• Brain teasers: figuring out how long 45 min is with two ropes and a lighter, getting 4 people across a bridge in 17 minutes.
      Behavioral: "What is your biggest weakness? Ok, and what is another big weakness?"

Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview

The processing time was very fast. I just had an initial phone interview with a human resources representative. The questions were pretty basic and behavioral. I got an offer for a second interview in person with the technical and administrative team. However, when I informed them that I might be requiring a sponsorship, they cancelled the second interview.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

interviewed with 3 people - very serious and straighfoward interview. most interesting part was the brain teasers. you should know your resume like the back of your hand because they ask you to talk about certain bullets. make sure you have a serious interest before going in

Intern Interview

Interview

Whole process took about 2 months after I applied to hear back and interview. Pretty standard interview questions

Interview Questions

• None, all were just about my resume and past experiences   Answer Question

Automation Development Co-op Interview

Application

interviewed at Eze Software in April 2014.

Interview

I read about bad management of interview candidates in this company, but i never thought it would happen to me. So heres what happened.

Was scheduled for first round of phone interview. Then got an email about 3 hours before the interview that the engineer was not available that day, the interview was rescheduled the next week. There was no call from the interviewer at the scheduled time, neither was there any email from them. I sent them an email asking for updates, a few minutes later I get an email from HR saying the requisition was filled.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through their careers page in February and got an email from HR to schedule for a phone interview. The HR representative called 30 minutes late, was rude and I felt like I was being rushed off. Basic questions about resume and why Eze. He explained what LDP is to me which was, as I found later on, actually very different from the actual program tracks. Said that the next round of interviews will be a Skype interview, which I found weird considering that I live in the Boston area. I got an email the next day inviting me to the Boston office for an in-person interview. I felt like the HR department, at this point, was quite disorganized and not in sync with the whole company in general.

I met 1:1 with three different managers, 2 from Connectivity and 1 from QA, which are both LDP tracks that are based in Boston. Basic questions: why did you pick your major, why Eze, why the financial technology sector, why should we hire you, why finance. The connectivity track required a few months of overnight shifts to support APAC clients. One of the interviewers was focused on case questions, and this is where if you are not a business major, you're basically screwed. He asked about business and operational procedures, which I don't know much about as I am not a business major. Two interviewers asked me 3 logic questions each.

I found it odd that all 3 managers have not worked anywhere else but Eze and all graduated from the development program. They've all worked at Eze for a while, ranging from 5-8 years. The LDP is designed to churn out 'business consultants', which to be quite frank, sounded like a hybrid of a sales/relationship manager. If this is what you're looking for, this program is for you. I believe that going through the program locks you into the company because you get so specialized in their products and business operations that it's hard to really market yourself for a job elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• - Logic questions: 2 strings and a match, golf balls, gold bags filled with real and fake gold coins, 4 people on a bridge, lightbulbs and switches, how many text messages are sent a year, 8 golf balls
      - A few different case questions about how you would improve business or organizational processes with technology

Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview asking basic questions about experience and resume. Waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview

I interviewed in January 2014. The first interview was a 30 minute phone interview and asked me basic questions such as why I chose the company and mostly questions based off of my resume and work experiences. The second interview was an hour and a half time frame interviewing with three different people. A lot of the questions they asked were why I wanted to work for Eze, what I knew about the company and the products it had to offer, etc. They also asked a set of behavioral questions about my work experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about the products the company has to offer?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through Campus website. Called about three weeks later to do a phone interview. A few weeks after the phone interview I was moved on to a Skype interview with two managers. This was an awful idea. The connection was terrible on their end. They asked me a bunch of ridiculous questions - mostly behavioral. I then had an interview in their Chicago office, which is in a nice location, but the office itself is dark and desolate. During the in-person interview I met with three people. All of them had their phones out and were receiving text messages while I was trying to interview. They were mostly uninterested in what I had to say. A couple weeks later I received an offer. The pay is just okay for the area I'd be required to live in. I was mostly turned off after learning about what the job entails and ended up declining.

This job is mostly tech support. If that's your thing then this COULD be for you. If you don't want to be tech support, run away. You really don't need a business degree to do this job from what I understood.

Interview Questions

They really fool you with the whole "leadership development program" nonsense.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

After submitting my application, had an initial phone screen - very basic expected questions. Good to know as much as you can about the company. After this, I had two 45 minute skype interviews with two different employees. Both asked pretty similar questions - again more of the same behavioral stuff. Be able to talk about past experiences and how it relates to the job. Finally, there was an on-site round where I talked with two upper level employees for an hour each. More of the same stuff really. Had one brainteaser in there which was pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• Think of the worst person you've ever worked with. What would they say about you?   Answer Question