Eze Software Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software.

Phone interview

In office interview with about 3-4 managers

Interview Questions
    • Logic questions are unexpected. Can ask anything from number of socks matching socks to number of apples in basket.
      Visual diagrams also provided. They are much simple then they look!
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software.

I applied online and received an email from their recruiter, Laura Stapleton, about 2 weeks after that submission. We scheduled an initial, 30-minute phone conversation by email. The phone conversation was pretty straightforward. She asked about the experiences that I placed on my resume, why I was interested in the position, and what I knew about Eze Castle and about the OMS software. I strongly suggest doing your homework before this phone conversation so that you can answer these questions intelligibly.

At the end of the phone interview Laura asked me what my availability was to do an in-person interview with a few of the managers. I provided her with that information and we set up the in-person interview for the next week. The in-person interview was a little over an hour long, and I interviewed with two separate managers. The first manager asked me a lot of questions about my personal and education background to get a fit for whether or not my experiences made me well suited for the position. This interview took up the bulk of our time together. The second manager gave me a brainteaser which took me about 10 minutes to solve, and asked a few questions afterwards.

After the interview, Laura emailed me the same day to let me know that I was invited to Round 2 of the interview process. We scheduled round 2 via email and I went into the interview the following week. During Round 2, I interviewed with 2 directors. Both directors gave me a logic question, and asked additional questions about my background and why Eze Castle. They also provided a lot of detail about the role. Both interviewers were very professional, although I would describe one interviewer as "tough." The tone of the interview was extremely fast paced with lots of tough questions, that I would liken to a finance interview. At one point he asked me why Eze Castle. When I provided him with an answer, he stated that I could have gotten that off of the company website, and that I needed to provide him with a different answer (which I did). It was questions/comments like this one that would make me describe that interview as "tough."

I received an email from Laura about a week after that interview notifying me that although they were impressed by my interviews, they ultimately went with a candidate with more industry experience. I certainly can't blame them because I had zero financial industry experience. Overall, I thought the interview process was fair, professional, and well-organized.

Interview Questions
    • I had three different brainteasers throughout the course of the interview process. If you go online and spend about 3 hours on websites dedicated to preparing you for brainteaser interviews, you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Eze Software in September 2012.

The interview process was long and painful. You get a brief tour of the place on your way to the interview room. Just rows of low cubes with no privacy, nothing special. Over a four hour period I took a technical assessment as well as met with 4 different people. The test was 2 questions. One was easy SQL stuff and the other was a little more complicated. After the test the first guy came in and asked me questions about my answers. He then proceeded to lecture me for an hour on the use of hash tables. He was rude and condescending. He decided to give me another question. This time he sat there and watched me while I was supposed to write out the answer. At that point I was done and nearly walked out. I didn't really need the job since I had other offers and interviews so I handed it back and told him I don't work well with people staring me down. Over the next 2.5 hours the other three interviewers came in and asked me about my previous experience. They went into some questions on object oriented design as well as the company and what they do.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that takes takes a string and a substring as parameters and returns the position of the substring. You can't use the helper functions that exist already for this. This was asked on the fly while he sat there and stared at me!   View Answer
    • Given 3 arrays with a large amount of numbers in each. All 3 arrays are pre sorted. Right a function/method that will find the numbers that appear in all three arrays. Performance is a factor.   View Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in September 2012.

Included an initial phone interview, which was then followed by an in-person interview. Before the in-person interview I was asked to answer 27 questions ranging from where I went to school and why to more typical questions regarding working in groups, strengths/weaknesses, and times where you missed a deadline.
    At the interview you get placed in a room and meet with three people: one from the QA side of the program and two from the connectivity side. Each person focuses on a certain section of the questions you filled out prior to the interview. Two of the interviewers included logic questions, which were fairly straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • One of the prior questions was: List two examples when you took the initiative and accomplished something substantial.

One of the interviewers asked me to do a short mock situation where he was a client and was experiencing problems with his software to see how I would handle it. Thought it was difficult, especially not knowing anything about the software package or company procedures in such a situation.
        Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Eze Software.

I only get two phone interviews and I am surely cannot be processed to next step. The first one is about OOP; but the second one is about some basic conception that I totally get crazy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how to manage the memory in C?   View Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in April 2012.

I was contacted for an initial interview with two people on campus, which took about an hour. After that, I was invited to travel down to Boston (at my expense) to interview with three separate people in their office. The interview took almost two hours. Two of my interviewers were great, the third was a little rough around the edges. It was on a Friday afternoon, so they probably wanted to get out of there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Eze Software in May 2012.

Phone interview was very basic. In person interview consisted of 2 interviews, one on one. The first one was terrible, the woman was absolutely rude and very clearly trying to throw you off your game. The second individual was extremely nice, even when he threw a logic question at me, which I didn't get (and yes, they always present you with at least one logic question so be prepared).
    Be aware that because you have to deal with difficult clients, the interviews are somewhat rigorous, and the interviewers try to see if you can withstand rude individuals. If you like that kind of environment, then go for it.
    This definitely wasn't for me.
    Also, you are expected to give up some of your weekends in order to ensure upgrades are completed smoothly. This would be okay if they were adequately compensating you, but they only pay around $50K which is too little relative to the amount of hours they want you to put in (7am-7pm).
    HR reached out to me with a generic email 3 days later with a NO.
    A tip - make you sure you work extensively on the questionnaire you are required to send out before the interview. It has numerous questions which take a couple of hours to answer thoroughly. And they use those very questions, as well as your cover letter, to assess you during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name 3 weaknesses, 3 strengths   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you vs. our othe candidates who have gone through the Leadership Program in Boston?   Answer Question
    • Rate your technical skills from 1-10.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in May 2012.

For the final interview, was interviewed by two people from the consulting team and two people from the analyst team. Interview consisted of questions like why eze, what are your strengths, as well as a series of logic questions.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in February 2012.

1 phone interview, 3 onsite interview, then again a phone interview, mostly focussing on OOPS concepts and coding skills

Interview Questions
    • 3 large arrays, find a number common to all arrays. prove your approach   Answer Question
    • what is the significance of virtual polymorphism   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program At Eze Castle Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in February 2012.

It seems like Eze is a nice place to work and a decent company, but their organizational skills (likely at the HR dept) are substandard. Applied, set up a phone interview with a HR person a couple weeks later. Exchanged a couple emails back and forth setting it up and having it confirmed. Time and date came...no call...started working on other things I could stop quickly if called. Hour went by still no call. Gave up waiting and moved on. No follow up call from anyone apoligizing with an explanation on the missed appointment, or email prior with an attempt to reschedule. Also as a kicker, I got the generic email a few weeks later saying thank you for my time, but the position has been filled.

Interview Questions
    • What time would you be available for a phone interview?   Answer Question