Eze Software

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leadership Development Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview Details – I applied through my university career website and was then contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly general and the recruiter was very nice. I was contacted soon after about setting up either a skype interview or an in-person interview at the Chicago office. The in-person interview consisted of two directors interviewing me for about 30 minutes each. I do not think I got the job because of my lack of software experience and because it was towards the end of their recruitment timeline.

Interview Question – What was the most innovative software you have had experience with?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview Details – Applied through my university. Got a response almost instantly and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was very quick and easy. He just explained what the company was about and a little about the leadership development program. He wasn't able to answer too many of my questions. Then, I was asked to schedule an in-person interview. It was 3 30 minute interviews with people from QA and Connectivity Consulting. Each person was a little different but generally went through my background and usually asked a brain-teaser or two. Most of the brain-teasers were very common ones and I had either seen them in previous reviews or on the internet. I got selected to move on in the QA analyst role and interview with higher-ups but I declined the invitation. It doesn't seem like so much of a development program as it does glorified tech-support. I can see it being a good program if you really want to become a business consultant for them (which people do after 1.5 years) but I didn't think the program itself would help me gain any interesting skills. The people seemed generally very nice though and reasonably happy with their jobs.

Interview Question – I got 3 brain teasers. I got two that I was able to get (identifying fake gold coin and weighing golf balls) and one that I struggled with. You have a castle that is 100 by 100. Their is a rectangular moat around it that is 10 feet wide. You have two 8 foot planks. How do you get across?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Was invited to come in for a final interview but declined.

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in March 2014.

Interview Details – I met with two employees at my university's career fair. About a week later I had a phone interview. They were about 20 minutes late with the call which was frustrating and unprofessional. After that, they set up an interview at the office. Spoke with 3 managers (1 QA, 2 Connectivity, I believe). Each one sounded pretty miserable and not super friendly. They asked typical behavioral questions and then 2 of them asked brain teasers. I really think they try to make themselves seem more legit than they are with these brain teasers. The program seemed very specific to their company. They also mentioned multiple times that at the end of the program a position as a business consultant is not guaranteed. This was a big red flag for me as it essentially meant that I could be out of a job in 2 years if they didn't have any openings to throw me into. I would not recommend this position anyone unless they are determined to do tech support for some reason.

Interview Question – Brain teasers: figuring out how long 45 min is with two ropes and a lighter, getting 4 people across a bridge in 17 minutes.
Behavioral: "What is your biggest weakness? Ok, and what is another big weakness?"
  Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Eze Software in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through their careers page in February and got an email from HR to schedule for a phone interview. The HR representative called 30 minutes late, was rude and I felt like I was being rushed off. Basic questions about resume and why Eze. He explained what LDP is to me which was, as I found later on, actually very different from the actual program tracks. Said that the next round of interviews will be a Skype interview, which I found weird considering that I live in the Boston area. I got an email the next day inviting me to the Boston office for an in-person interview. I felt like the HR department, at this point, was quite disorganized and not in sync with the whole company in general.

I met 1:1 with three different managers, 2 from Connectivity and 1 from QA, which are both LDP tracks that are based in Boston. Basic questions: why did you pick your major, why Eze, why the financial technology sector, why should we hire you, why finance. The connectivity track required a few months of overnight shifts to support APAC clients. One of the interviewers was focused on case questions, and this is where if you are not a business major, you're basically screwed. He asked about business and operational procedures, which I don't know much about as I am not a business major. Two interviewers asked me 3 logic questions each.

I found it odd that all 3 managers have not worked anywhere else but Eze and all graduated from the development program. They've all worked at Eze for a while, ranging from 5-8 years. The LDP is designed to churn out 'business consultants', which to be quite frank, sounded like a hybrid of a sales/relationship manager. If this is what you're looking for, this program is for you. I believe that going through the program locks you into the company because you get so specialized in their products and business operations that it's hard to really market yourself for a job elsewhere.

Interview Question – - Logic questions: 2 strings and a match, golf balls, gold bags filled with real and fake gold coins, 4 people on a bridge, lightbulbs and switches, how many text messages are sent a year, 8 golf balls
- A few different case questions about how you would improve business or organizational processes with technology
  Answer Question

Leadership Development Program

I applied online and interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview Details – I interviewed in January 2014. The first interview was a 30 minute phone interview and asked me basic questions such as why I chose the company and mostly questions based off of my resume and work experiences. The second interview was an hour and a half time frame interviewing with three different people. A lot of the questions they asked were why I wanted to work for Eze, what I knew about the company and the products it had to offer, etc. They also asked a set of behavioral questions about my work experiences.

Interview Question – What do I know about the products the company has to offer?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Eze Software in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview asking basic questions about experience and resume. Waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through Campus website. Called about three weeks later to do a phone interview. A few weeks after the phone interview I was moved on to a Skype interview with two managers. This was an awful idea. The connection was terrible on their end. They asked me a bunch of ridiculous questions - mostly behavioral. I then had an interview in their Chicago office, which is in a nice location, but the office itself is dark and desolate. During the in-person interview I met with three people. All of them had their phones out and were receiving text messages while I was trying to interview. They were mostly uninterested in what I had to say. A couple weeks later I received an offer. The pay is just okay for the area I'd be required to live in. I was mostly turned off after learning about what the job entails and ended up declining.

This job is mostly tech support. If that's your thing then this COULD be for you. If you don't want to be tech support, run away. You really don't need a business degree to do this job from what I understood.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Behavioral in nature.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They really fool you with the whole "leadership development program" nonsense.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in January 2014.

Interview Details – After submitting my application, had an initial phone screen - very basic expected questions. Good to know as much as you can about the company. After this, I had two 45 minute skype interviews with two different employees. Both asked pretty similar questions - again more of the same behavioral stuff. Be able to talk about past experiences and how it relates to the job. Finally, there was an on-site round where I talked with two upper level employees for an hour each. More of the same stuff really. Had one brainteaser in there which was pretty simple.

Interview Question – Think of the worst person you've ever worked with. What would they say about you?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview Details – The company does an initial phone interview screen which is fairly basic. This is followed up (if they like you) with an in person interview at their office at your expense. Then if you get passed that stage there is 2nd round interview.

Interview Question – Brainteasers-The barrel question   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview Details – I applied through my college career website. I was contacted by Eze's HR and there was an initial phone screen. After this I moved on to a second round interview which was conducted via Skype because I was an out of state candidate. I interviewed with two Eze employees, one from the quality assurance side and one from the connectivity consultant side. After a few days I was contacted that I wasn't invited to Boston for a final round.

Interview Question – Tell me one thing about yourself that I don't know from your resume.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eze Software

Worked for Eze Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eze Software Leadership Development Program interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Eze Software employees and interview candidates.