Eze Software Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

3.1

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Eze Software in May 2015.

Interview

Online application followed by a phone interview. HR department was very helpful and quick to respond to an questions prior to phone screening. Additional information regarding the program was provided before the interview, making it easier to come up with questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work at Eze? What is an example of a time that you had to master a new software?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Eze Software

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eze Software in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through their careers page, got an email to set up interview the next day. Had a phone interview with a recruiter the week following. Very general questions about my resume (experiences, education, etc.). Asked if I preferred/was willing to relocate to other cities where this program will be held (Boston, NY, Chicago).

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Referred through a friend who has been with the Company for 3 years. After applying, I was invited to speak with a recruiter the following week regarding the position. I had spoken with 2 other employees from Eze, prepared thoroughly on what the company does and what the program entailed.

After researching Eze and the program I spoke with a recruiter. The phone call was a little disjointed. She didn't offer any new information and didn't ask anything beyond why I wanted to work at Eze.

The following week, I was invited to come into the office for an in-person interview. I was preparing for a standard fit, case study, brainteaser type of interview. A day before the interview, while following up with my contact within the company I was made aware this was a final round interview.

Coming in I was told I would meet with multiple people throughout the day, and the whole deal should last no longer than 2 hours.

Going into the interview I was directed into a room and spoke with the Assistant Director of the GMTS team. She didn't know where I was from, didn't know that I hadn't been in the office before, and was taken aback when I had mentioned I really hadn't been given an in-depth picture of the Program. She broke it down, asked some basic fit questions, and allowed me to ask some questions.

I then met with the director of the GMTS team. He was a genuinely nice guy and we spoke about technology trends for a bit. However, he was interrupted mid-way through the interview under the assumption he would be interviewing someone else. He came back apologized for the miscommunication and continued the interview. He asked some fit questions, asked some basic questions about my familiarity with technology, asked a question about the direction the company should take to continue to grow. I was then notified he would be the last person I would be speaking to for the day. I asked a handful of "good" questions, and then I concluded the interview.

All in all it lasted close to 70 minutes.

I was contacted 4 business days later, through a generic rejection letter, that I would not be extended an offer. This obviously came as a bit of a shock, as the time and dedication I had put into talking with employees of the company, applying, and ultimately driving into Boston for an interview that lasted just over half of the allotted time seemed disproportional to the lack of common courtesy they extended in rejecting me.

I can not stress enough my disappointment in the recruiting process, from what I can tell the employees at Eze have a habit of being disinterested and casting a large net in terms of recruiting. I wish I would have known ahead of time that I would be spending twice as much time driving to the interview than actually speaking with someone. By eliminating the usual first round interview, and apparently not being aware of this fact, I feel like they crippled my ability to prove my genuine interest in working within finance and with Software. Outside of not conveying a marked interest in the subject I am at a loss for why they wouldn't extend an offer, as these were the only questions I was even allowed to answer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you mastered a software?
      What is the coolest thing you can do on your smartphone?
      What skills did you learn at your previous place of employment that would aid you at Eze?
      What drew you to Eze?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

First was a phone interview with HR to gauge interest in fin tech and overall fit. Right after, I was invited to a 2-hour Skype or in-person interview, and I chose to go to the office. Interview was a little over two hours with two different people and included situational, behavioral, and some logic questions. If all goes well you will be invited to a final round interview in the office, again two hours long and this time with 3 director/VP-level people. This time they really grill you to determine whether or not you can handle the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you dealt with a difficult client.   Answer Question
    • Why Eze? Why FinTech?   Answer Question
    • Situation questions involving how you deal with stress, prioritization, time management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

applied online. typical taleo-based application program. basic online application questions and documents (i.e. cover letter, resume, transcript). contacted the following day for a half-hour phone interview. interviewer called on time and seemed overly excited. interviewer asked me why this program, why this company, why tech, what products they sell, what my long-term plans are, and what i could bring to the company. i did not realize how tech-focused this position was, and so lost interest as soon as my interviewer asked a third consecutive question about tech.

Interview Questions

• what products do we make and what differentiates us from our competitors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process. 30 minute phone interview, two 30 minute skype interviews, and a final in person interview. They also ask you critical thinking questions and ask you to discuss personal ambitions and your future career plans.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions were asked. Second and third round interview questions were very consultant, CASE interview, and situational. In both interviews they gave me a situation where I had to handle 3 clients but I could not do one of the clients. I found this question to be very skewed and unfair because it puts you on the spot and in a very awkward place.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview

Dropped my resume off at a career fair, got an email within two days saying they would like to set up a 30 minute interview. Interview ended up being roughly 45 minutes long, it was simply an opportunity to talk about yourself and ask questions about the company, no logic questions and nothing tricky. A few hours afterwards I received an email saying they would like to arrange an in person interview, 1.5 hours long, at their Boston office.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview

Applied through school's career services. In person interview at school. Dude was kind of a jerk. Very impersonal and hard to read. Asked behavioral questions and brain teasers. Definitely more strategical than anything else (i.e. how well you are at solving problems). I don't know if I'd even want to work for him.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you had and a creative solution that you came up with to solve it.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software.

Interview

Was contacted through a recruiter that found my profile on LinkedIn and thought I would be a good candidate to apply. Set-up a phone interview for the following week. Basic/standard phone interview that weeded out candidates that simply hadn't bothered to look what they apply for. Next I was onto "round 1" Skype interview from the managers from Chicago. First, I had to fill out a questionnaire with 13 question with many of the standard interview question (i.e. career goals, team/individual, extracurriculars, etc.). The first manager on Skype was very personable and friendly. I have no technical background but was assured multiple times that this was not an issue. The next manager was incredibly rude and never made eye contact with the entire interview. He seemed disinterested with anything I had to say. I was told that I would be contact within a few days, and I was told they were moving on with other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was fairly simple. I was contacted by a recruiter who asked me a few questions about my experience in technology and economics. She was very nice and helpful and said that I had a good resume and qualities and that she would set me up with two of the managers for a technical interview. The interview was over Skype and they were very prompt and professional with starting the meeting. The first interviewer asked me to tell about myself and asked general questions about my job and school experience. The second asked some of the same questions but also asked me to try to explain what the program entailed in my own words. The interview ended well but abruptly.

Next the recruiter reached out to me in the following days and asked for me to come up for an in house interview. I met up with the recruiter and she showed me to a conference room on the floor that the development program was held. I then had three 30 minute interviews with support managers. Questions ranged from puzzles to describing how my previous experience would aid my success at the company. The third interviewer pressed a little more so don't get worn out and make sure to ask as many questions as possible (even if they are the same ones you asked another person). After the third interview I was told that they would confer and get back to me in a few days and the last interviewer ran out. A day later I got a generic email saying that my experience was impressive but that I was not selected for the position.

A generally positive experience, but I wish that they had been more transparent. Be sure to show your best side because they won't particularly look for it themselves.

Interview Questions

• Imagine an ant trying to get from one corner of a cube to the other. What is the fastest route?   1 Answer