Eze Software

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Leadership Development Program

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in October 2011.

Interview Details – First did an info session phone call. Then went to the first interview on my campus. One group from consulting, the other from QA. Then interviewed in Boston. Still waiting to hear back from them

Interview Question – What do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in May 2012.

Interview Details – For the final interview, was interviewed by two people from the consulting team and two people from the analyst team. Interview consisted of questions like why eze, what are your strengths, as well as a series of logic questions.

Interview Question – Why is a manhole cover round?   View Answer

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Eze Software in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through their careers page in February and got an email from HR to schedule for a phone interview. The HR representative called 30 minutes late, was rude and I felt like I was being rushed off. Basic questions about resume and why Eze. He explained what LDP is to me which was, as I found later on, actually very different from the actual program tracks. Said that the next round of interviews will be a Skype interview, which I found weird considering that I live in the Boston area. I got an email the next day inviting me to the Boston office for an in-person interview. I felt like the HR department, at this point, was quite disorganized and not in sync with the whole company in general.

I met 1:1 with three different managers, 2 from Connectivity and 1 from QA, which are both LDP tracks that are based in Boston. Basic questions: why did you pick your major, why Eze, why the financial technology sector, why should we hire you, why finance. The connectivity track required a few months of overnight shifts to support APAC clients. One of the interviewers was focused on case questions, and this is where if you are not a business major, you're basically screwed. He asked about business and operational procedures, which I don't know much about as I am not a business major. Two interviewers asked me 3 logic questions each.

I found it odd that all 3 managers have not worked anywhere else but Eze and all graduated from the development program. They've all worked at Eze for a while, ranging from 5-8 years. The LDP is designed to churn out 'business consultants', which to be quite frank, sounded like a hybrid of a sales/relationship manager. If this is what you're looking for, this program is for you. I believe that going through the program locks you into the company because you get so specialized in their products and business operations that it's hard to really market yourself for a job elsewhere.

Interview Question – - Logic questions: 2 strings and a match, golf balls, gold bags filled with real and fake gold coins, 4 people on a bridge, lightbulbs and switches, how many text messages are sent a year, 8 golf balls
- A few different case questions about how you would improve business or organizational processes with technology

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in March 2014.

Interview Details – I met with two employees at my university's career fair. About a week later I had a phone interview. They were about 20 minutes late with the call which was frustrating and unprofessional. After that, they set up an interview at the office. Spoke with 3 managers (1 QA, 2 Connectivity, I believe). Each one sounded pretty miserable and not super friendly. They asked typical behavioral questions and then 2 of them asked brain teasers. I really think they try to make themselves seem more legit than they are with these brain teasers. The program seemed very specific to their company. They also mentioned multiple times that at the end of the program a position as a business consultant is not guaranteed. This was a big red flag for me as it essentially meant that I could be out of a job in 2 years if they didn't have any openings to throw me into. I would not recommend this position anyone unless they are determined to do tech support for some reason.

Interview Question – Brain teasers: figuring out how long 45 min is with two ropes and a lighter, getting 4 people across a bridge in 17 minutes.
Behavioral: "What is your biggest weakness? Ok, and what is another big weakness?"

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Eze Software in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview asking basic questions about experience and resume. Waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview Details – Applied through my university. Got a response almost instantly and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was very quick and easy. He just explained what the company was about and a little about the leadership development program. He wasn't able to answer too many of my questions. Then, I was asked to schedule an in-person interview. It was 3 30 minute interviews with people from QA and Connectivity Consulting. Each person was a little different but generally went through my background and usually asked a brain-teaser or two. Most of the brain-teasers were very common ones and I had either seen them in previous reviews or on the internet. I got selected to move on in the QA analyst role and interview with higher-ups but I declined the invitation. It doesn't seem like so much of a development program as it does glorified tech-support. I can see it being a good program if you really want to become a business consultant for them (which people do after 1.5 years) but I didn't think the program itself would help me gain any interesting skills. The people seemed generally very nice though and reasonably happy with their jobs.

Interview Question – I got 3 brain teasers. I got two that I was able to get (identifying fake gold coin and weighing golf balls) and one that I struggled with. You have a castle that is 100 by 100. Their is a rectangular moat around it that is 10 feet wide. You have two 8 foot planks. How do you get across?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Was invited to come in for a final interview but declined.

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in June 2011.

Interview Details – Received an email from my College about this job opportunity, and I sent in a resume. Was asked through email to have a phone conversation. During the call, I was told about the position and asked if I had any questions. I was emailed by HR two days later to schedule an in-person interview in Boston. Scheduled the interview, but have not had it yet.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program

The process took a day - interviewed at Eze Software in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed through my school in person with someone from both the QA team and Consultant. Interview was fairly standard, asking about what I knew about the company, strengths and weaknesses, things that are not listed on my resume. Be prepared for logic questions of some sort as they want to know your thought process.

Interview Question – What is one thing you regret/ would change most about your college experience?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Eze Software in September 2011.

Interview Details – They scheduled a phone interview very quickly after I applied. My interviewer didn't actually call me at our agreed upon time, though (she was almost an hour late). The interview was fairly standard--asking about your background, interests, and how you'd fit in the company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to get into the financial software industry?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in September 2012.

Interview Details – Included an initial phone interview, which was then followed by an in-person interview. Before the in-person interview I was asked to answer 27 questions ranging from where I went to school and why to more typical questions regarding working in groups, strengths/weaknesses, and times where you missed a deadline.
At the interview you get placed in a room and meet with three people: one from the QA side of the program and two from the connectivity side. Each person focuses on a certain section of the questions you filled out prior to the interview. Two of the interviewers included logic questions, which were fairly straight forward.

Interview Question – One of the prior questions was: List two examples when you took the initiative and accomplished something substantial.

One of the interviewers asked me to do a short mock situation where he was a client and was experiencing problems with his software to see how I would handle it. Thought it was difficult, especially not knowing anything about the software package or company procedures in such a situation.
  Answer Question

Worked for Eze Software? Contribute to the Community!