Eze Software

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Eze Software in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through their careers page in February and got an email from HR to schedule for a phone interview. The HR representative called 30 minutes late, was rude and I felt like I was being rushed off. Basic questions about resume and why Eze. He explained what LDP is to me which was, as I found later on, actually very different from the actual program tracks. Said that the next round of interviews will be a Skype interview, which I found weird considering that I live in the Boston area. I got an email the next day inviting me to the Boston office for an in-person interview. I felt like the HR department, at this point, was quite disorganized and not in sync with the whole company in general.

I met 1:1 with three different managers, 2 from Connectivity and 1 from QA, which are both LDP tracks that are based in Boston. Basic questions: why did you pick your major, why Eze, why the financial technology sector, why should we hire you, why finance. The connectivity track required a few months of overnight shifts to support APAC clients. One of the interviewers was focused on case questions, and this is where if you are not a business major, you're basically screwed. He asked about business and operational procedures, which I don't know much about as I am not a business major. Two interviewers asked me 3 logic questions each.

I found it odd that all 3 managers have not worked anywhere else but Eze and all graduated from the development program. They've all worked at Eze for a while, ranging from 5-8 years. The LDP is designed to churn out 'business consultants', which to be quite frank, sounded like a hybrid of a sales/relationship manager. If this is what you're looking for, this program is for you. I believe that going through the program locks you into the company because you get so specialized in their products and business operations that it's hard to really market yourself for a job elsewhere.

Interview Question – - Logic questions: 2 strings and a match, golf balls, gold bags filled with real and fake gold coins, 4 people on a bridge, lightbulbs and switches, how many text messages are sent a year, 8 golf balls
- A few different case questions about how you would improve business or organizational processes with technology
  Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in May 2012.

Interview Details – For the final interview, was interviewed by two people from the consulting team and two people from the analyst team. Interview consisted of questions like why eze, what are your strengths, as well as a series of logic questions.

Interview Question – Why is a manhole cover round?   View Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in October 2011.

Interview Details – First did an info session phone call. Then went to the first interview on my campus. One group from consulting, the other from QA. Then interviewed in Boston. Still waiting to hear back from them

Interview Question – What do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Eze Software in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed through my school in person with someone from both the QA team and Consultant. Interview was fairly standard, asking about what I knew about the company, strengths and weaknesses, things that are not listed on my resume. Be prepared for logic questions of some sort as they want to know your thought process.

Interview Question – What is one thing you regret/ would change most about your college experience?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Eze Software in September 2011.

Interview Details – They scheduled a phone interview very quickly after I applied. My interviewer didn't actually call me at our agreed upon time, though (she was almost an hour late). The interview was fairly standard--asking about your background, interests, and how you'd fit in the company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to get into the financial software industry?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in June 2011.

Interview Details – Received an email from my College about this job opportunity, and I sent in a resume. Was asked through email to have a phone conversation. During the call, I was told about the position and asked if I had any questions. I was emailed by HR two days later to schedule an in-person interview in Boston. Scheduled the interview, but have not had it yet.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in January 2014.

Interview Details – After submitting my application, had an initial phone screen - very basic expected questions. Good to know as much as you can about the company. After this, I had two 45 minute skype interviews with two different employees. Both asked pretty similar questions - again more of the same behavioral stuff. Be able to talk about past experiences and how it relates to the job. Finally, there was an on-site round where I talked with two upper level employees for an hour each. More of the same stuff really. Had one brainteaser in there which was pretty simple.

Interview Question – Think of the worst person you've ever worked with. What would they say about you?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview Details – The company does an initial phone interview screen which is fairly basic. This is followed up (if they like you) with an in person interview at their office at your expense. Then if you get passed that stage there is 2nd round interview.

Interview Question – Brainteasers-The barrel question   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in September 2012.

Interview Details – Included an initial phone interview, which was then followed by an in-person interview. Before the in-person interview I was asked to answer 27 questions ranging from where I went to school and why to more typical questions regarding working in groups, strengths/weaknesses, and times where you missed a deadline.
At the interview you get placed in a room and meet with three people: one from the QA side of the program and two from the connectivity side. Each person focuses on a certain section of the questions you filled out prior to the interview. Two of the interviewers included logic questions, which were fairly straight forward.

Interview Question – One of the prior questions was: List two examples when you took the initiative and accomplished something substantial.

One of the interviewers asked me to do a short mock situation where he was a client and was experiencing problems with his software to see how I would handle it. Thought it was difficult, especially not knowing anything about the software package or company procedures in such a situation.
  Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Eze Software in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview asking basic questions about experience and resume. Waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eze Software

Worked for Eze Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eze Software Leadership Development Program interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Eze Software employees and interview candidates.