Eze Software Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated May 6, 2015

3.4

IT Support Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a 30 minute phone conversation regarding my work experience, how I chose Syracuse, why I chose my major, what my future plans are and etc. Then gave me an email the next day regarding a face-to-face interview, however, I was living in New York and they're located in Chicago, so we set up a 3 hour Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about this job? And what drew your attention to apply for this position?   Answer Question

Client Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Straight forward phone interview followed by an on sight interview. The whole process took about 2 weeks and I had to travel to their office in NYC for the in person interview. The interview lasted 2 hours and I met with two people. The first interviewer was nice and asked me general resume and personality questions and the second interview grilled me on the company and the logic questions.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions about your resume and a logic question about how to get 4 gallons of water with a 5 gallon and 3 gallon barrels and an unlimited supply of water   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

First was a phone interview with HR to gauge interest in fin tech and overall fit. Right after, I was invited to a 2-hour Skype or in-person interview, and I chose to go to the office. Interview was a little over two hours with two different people and included situational, behavioral, and some logic questions. If all goes well you will be invited to a final round interview in the office, again two hours long and this time with 3 director/VP-level people. This time they really grill you to determine whether or not you can handle the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you dealt with a difficult client.   Answer Question
    • Why Eze? Why FinTech?   Answer Question
    • Situation questions involving how you deal with stress, prioritization, time management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I discovered Eze through my university's career fair. I received an on campus interview a few weeks later, which consisted of two 30 min interviews. These were very straightforward behavioral questions to gauge your experience/interest level with fin-tech and the industry. I was informed a week later that I received a second round interview in the New York Office. This interview was a lot more intense than the first one. It consisted of 2 two-on-one interviews each of which lasted over an hour. It started out with basic behavioral questions, then got into more situational questions, and then finally a few brain teasers. The brain teasers were very tricky I recommend looking through glassdoor and researching the different questions people were asked. Make sure to show that you have an interest in technology and financial markets, and be prepared for additional questions while you are answering the current question so that you don't get thrown off. Still waiting to hear back on the next steps.

Interview Questions

• At what angle is 6:30 on a clock?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a client called with a problem and you did not know the answer   Answer Question
    • How proficient are you with technology?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Had two easy on campus interviews then was sent to the NYC office to interview. They interrogated me about coding and software systems for an hour when I was told that my knowledge was satisfactory in previous interviews. It was misleading as they did not ask me anything regarding intense computer training in prior interviews, so they flew me out for nothing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe the LDP is a good program for you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process began with the EzeSoft recruiter contacting me from the Boston office about their LDP opportunity. The recruiter took down information about my experience and scheduled a phone interview with a member of the HR team. The said HR member completely forgot about my scheduled phone interview which meant I had to reach out after waiting an hour for the call. After finally getting in touch with the interviewer and conducting a full-interview, the HR member thought I was too experienced for the LDP position and scheduled me for a Consultant role. This meant having to do another phone interview with the same interviewer at a different time. They then requested I come in to meet with the team where I was scheduled to meet with 4 consultants. Since one of the consultants was unavailable, I was requested to come in the office at another time. To sum it up, the interview process was totally unorganized and utterly frustrating.

Interview Questions

• How many degrees do the hour and seconds hand form at 3:15?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview. Pretty standard. The lady interviewing me was very nice. There was plenty of room for my questions and she answered all of them with details. The position seemed much more interesting during and after the interview opposed to brief description online. However, don't even bother if you don't have strong financial industry experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received an email from their recruiter, Laura Stapleton, about 2 weeks after that submission. We scheduled an initial, 30-minute phone conversation by email. The phone conversation was pretty straightforward. She asked about the experiences that I placed on my resume, why I was interested in the position, and what I knew about Eze Castle and about the OMS software. I strongly suggest doing your homework before this phone conversation so that you can answer these questions intelligibly. At the end of the phone interview Laura asked me what my availability was to do an in-person interview with a few of the managers. I provided her with that information and we set up the in-person interview for the next week. The in-person interview was a little over an hour long, and I interviewed with two separate managers. The first manager asked me a lot of questions about my personal and education background to get a fit for whether or not my experiences made me well suited for the position. This interview took up the bulk of our time together. The second manager gave me a brainteaser which took me about 10 minutes to solve, and asked a few questions afterwards. After the interview, Laura emailed me the same day to let me know that I was invited to Round 2 of the interview process. We scheduled round 2 via email and I went into the interview the following week. During Round 2, I interviewed with 2 directors. Both directors gave me a logic question, and asked additional questions about my background and why Eze Castle. They also provided a lot of detail about the role. Both interviewers were very professional, although I would describe one interviewer as "tough." The tone of the interview was extremely fast paced with lots of tough questions, that I would liken to a finance interview. At one point he asked me why Eze Castle. When I provided him with an answer, he stated that I could have gotten that off of the company website, and that I needed to provide him with a different answer (which I did). It was questions/comments like this one that would make me describe that interview as "tough." I received an email from Laura about a week after that interview notifying me that although they were impressed by my interviews, they ultimately went with a candidate with more industry experience. I certainly can't blame them because I had zero financial industry experience. Overall, I thought the interview process was fair, professional, and well-organized.

Interview Questions

• I had three different brainteasers throughout the course of the interview process. If you go online and spend about 3 hours on websites dedicated to preparing you for brainteaser interviews, you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

1 interview . 1st interview is a very phone interview then you get invited back for a s cI be round of you pass it . Mostly technical and behavioral questions. Young company similar to start up feel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview was very basic. In person interview consisted of 2 interviews, one on one. The first one was terrible, the woman was absolutely rude and very clearly trying to throw you off your game. The second individual was extremely nice, even when he threw a logic question at me, which I didn't get (and yes, they always present you with at least one logic question so be prepared). Be aware that because you have to deal with difficult clients, the interviews are somewhat rigorous, and the interviewers try to see if you can withstand rude individuals. If you like that kind of environment, then go for it. This definitely wasn't for me. Also, you are expected to give up some of your weekends in order to ensure upgrades are completed smoothly. This would be okay if they were adequately compensating you, but they only pay around $50K which is too little relative to the amount of hours they want you to put in (7am-7pm). HR reached out to me with a generic email 3 days later with a NO. A tip - make you sure you work extensively on the questionnaire you are required to send out before the interview. It has numerous questions which take a couple of hours to answer thoroughly. And they use those very questions, as well as your cover letter, to assess you during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 weaknesses, 3 strengths   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you vs. our othe candidates who have gone through the Leadership Program in Boston?   Answer Question
    • Rate your technical skills from 1-10.   Answer Question