Eze Software Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Mar 6, 2015

3.2

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in February 2015.

I discovered Eze through my university's career fair. I received an on campus interview a few weeks later, which consisted of two 30 min interviews. These were very straightforward behavioral questions to gauge your experience/interest level with fin-tech and the industry. I was informed a week later that I received a second round interview in the New York Office. This interview was a lot more intense than the first one. It consisted of 2 two-on-one interviews each of which lasted over an hour. It started out with basic behavioral questions, then got into more situational questions, and then finally a few brain teasers. The brain teasers were very tricky I recommend looking through glassdoor and researching the different questions people were asked. Make sure to show that you have an interest in technology and financial markets, and be prepared for additional questions while you are answering the current question so that you don't get thrown off. Still waiting to hear back on the next steps.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in February 2014.

The interview process began with the EzeSoft recruiter contacting me from the Boston office about their LDP opportunity. The recruiter took down information about my experience and scheduled a phone interview with a member of the HR team. The said HR member completely forgot about my scheduled phone interview which meant I had to reach out after waiting an hour for the call. After finally getting in touch with the interviewer and conducting a full-interview, the HR member thought I was too experienced for the LDP position and scheduled me for a Consultant role. This meant having to do another phone interview with the same interviewer at a different time. They then requested I come in to meet with the team where I was scheduled to meet with 4 consultants. Since one of the consultants was unavailable, I was requested to come in the office at another time. To sum it up, the interview process was totally unorganized and utterly frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • How many degrees do the hour and seconds hand form at 3:15?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eze Software in February 2013.

Phone interview. Pretty standard. The lady interviewing me was very nice. There was plenty of room for my questions and she answered all of them with details. The position seemed much more interesting during and after the interview opposed to brief description online. However, don't even bother if you don't have strong financial industry experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software.

I applied online and received an email from their recruiter, Laura Stapleton, about 2 weeks after that submission. We scheduled an initial, 30-minute phone conversation by email. The phone conversation was pretty straightforward. She asked about the experiences that I placed on my resume, why I was interested in the position, and what I knew about Eze Castle and about the OMS software. I strongly suggest doing your homework before this phone conversation so that you can answer these questions intelligibly.

At the end of the phone interview Laura asked me what my availability was to do an in-person interview with a few of the managers. I provided her with that information and we set up the in-person interview for the next week. The in-person interview was a little over an hour long, and I interviewed with two separate managers. The first manager asked me a lot of questions about my personal and education background to get a fit for whether or not my experiences made me well suited for the position. This interview took up the bulk of our time together. The second manager gave me a brainteaser which took me about 10 minutes to solve, and asked a few questions afterwards.

After the interview, Laura emailed me the same day to let me know that I was invited to Round 2 of the interview process. We scheduled round 2 via email and I went into the interview the following week. During Round 2, I interviewed with 2 directors. Both directors gave me a logic question, and asked additional questions about my background and why Eze Castle. They also provided a lot of detail about the role. Both interviewers were very professional, although I would describe one interviewer as "tough." The tone of the interview was extremely fast paced with lots of tough questions, that I would liken to a finance interview. At one point he asked me why Eze Castle. When I provided him with an answer, he stated that I could have gotten that off of the company website, and that I needed to provide him with a different answer (which I did). It was questions/comments like this one that would make me describe that interview as "tough."

I received an email from Laura about a week after that interview notifying me that although they were impressed by my interviews, they ultimately went with a candidate with more industry experience. I certainly can't blame them because I had zero financial industry experience. Overall, I thought the interview process was fair, professional, and well-organized.

Interview Questions
    • I had three different brainteasers throughout the course of the interview process. If you go online and spend about 3 hours on websites dedicated to preparing you for brainteaser interviews, you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Eze Software in May 2012.

1 interview . 1st interview is a very phone interview then you get invited back for a s cI be round of you pass it . Mostly technical and behavioral questions. Young company similar to start up feel

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eze Software in May 2012.

Phone interview was very basic. In person interview consisted of 2 interviews, one on one. The first one was terrible, the woman was absolutely rude and very clearly trying to throw you off your game. The second individual was extremely nice, even when he threw a logic question at me, which I didn't get (and yes, they always present you with at least one logic question so be prepared).
    Be aware that because you have to deal with difficult clients, the interviews are somewhat rigorous, and the interviewers try to see if you can withstand rude individuals. If you like that kind of environment, then go for it.
    This definitely wasn't for me.
    Also, you are expected to give up some of your weekends in order to ensure upgrades are completed smoothly. This would be okay if they were adequately compensating you, but they only pay around $50K which is too little relative to the amount of hours they want you to put in (7am-7pm).
    HR reached out to me with a generic email 3 days later with a NO.
    A tip - make you sure you work extensively on the questionnaire you are required to send out before the interview. It has numerous questions which take a couple of hours to answer thoroughly. And they use those very questions, as well as your cover letter, to assess you during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name 3 weaknesses, 3 strengths   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you vs. our othe candidates who have gone through the Leadership Program in Boston?   Answer Question
    • Rate your technical skills from 1-10.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in November 2011.

7 rounds if interview from the bottom up. Every round had riddles...

Interview Questions
    • Why Eze castle   Answer Question
    • You wash up on shore with 3 crates next to you. They are labeled apples, bananas, and apple & bananas. You kniw each is labeled incorrectly. Which crate would you choose from to guarantee you know which crates belong to which label?   View Answers (3)
    Very stingy almost no negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eze Software in September 2011.

The interview process was over within a week, which was impressive. Recruiter contacted over the phone. Followed by group interview. This was followed by three 1:1 face interviews with senior management team. And finally a phone interview with a senior partner. They were very interested in hobbies and activities, I guess to assess availability for overtime work.

Interview Questions
    • Find the heaviest out of 7 balls by using a scale only twice, and only one ball is heavier than the rest?   View Answer
    • Describe an academic term/idea?   Answer Question
    • Describe an academic term/fundamental within 2 minutes?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eze Software in February 2010.

They give a description of the company, your expected hours (50/ week) and asked about former/current employment.

Then, 5 tech questions:

1. How do you promote a server to Domain Controller?
    2. What port does SMTP use?
    3. Why is it bad to keep Exchange and AD on same server?
    4. What is IP?
    5. What is DNS?

Interview Questions
    • What salary would it take for you to move from your current job to us?   Answer Question