Eze Software

Updated May 30, 2014

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Eze Software in July 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with basic resume based questions. Invited to interview at the Boston office a couple weeks later. I met with a HR person, a QA Analyst, 2 Managers, then the QA Director. All were very nice and very young. The office was open and they work in "pods" Seemed like a great place to work, so i was pretty disappointed when I didn't receive an offer. Beware of logic questions - each interviewer will have at least one to ask you.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in financial investment technology? Why Eze Castle? Elaborate on your strengths and weaknesses. What drives you?   Answer Question
  • In a pitch black room you have a drawer with 27 black socks, 18 gray socks, and 9 navy socks. The socks are all individual. What is the minimum number of socks you have to pull out of the drawer to guarantee you have a pair of socks that is not navy?   View Answer

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in November 2010.

Interview Details – They will take you into a room with comfy couches and maybe some bold color on the walls. First, the HR woman interviewed me, then a couple of workers asked me two logic questions (posted on here as well), then I was told a manager was coming in. After a wait, I was told the manager was in a meeting and that they would get back to me within a week. I felt like I was a strong candidate for the position, but, like another person wrote, I think I was not offered a position because I do not have a quantitative degree.

It is my opinion that they interview a large number of people because they are supposed to, even if they know they aren't going to hire them. There was really no reason for me to not get the job, I had more work experience than those who interviewed me.

They will e-mail you if you are not offered a position, and will not respond if you ask any further questions.

Interview Question – Light question   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Eze Software in December 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by a series of interviews in office. All consisted with some fit questions, but most important were the brain teasers.

Interview Question – Describe in further detail one of your biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Boston, MA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Eze Software in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was first contacted for a phone interview. The next day I was contacted to come up to Boston to meet for 2 hours. The interview consisted of visiting the offices and meeting with HR reps. Everyone was really nice and I enjoyed learning about the company.

Interview Question – What are you greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in November 2009.

Interview Details – Had a 30 min phone interview with HR, then interviewed on-site twice with Human Resources, Quality Assurance Manager, Product manager, and QA team leads. Everyone was really nice and very helpful. The interviews consisted of easy to moderately difficult logic questions, typical interview questions, questions about the company, etc. I received an offer less than a week after my second interview and happily accepted.

Interview Questions

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in April 2013.

Interview Details – - Began with simple initial phone interview about interest and skills
- First round interview: meet with 2 people from Connectivity and 1 from QA through conversation and series of logic questions
- Second round interview: meet with only people from QA to talk about skills as they pertain to job and more logic questions
- Impersonal email (filled with grammatical errors) was sent to me a week later saying I did not get an offer

Interview Question – - Prep for logic questions!
- You have no prior experience in tech, so why choose Eze?
  Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview Details – It's a multi-part interview process with not only the HR rep but also higher up analysts/software engineers. They will ask you the basics (profile questions, background, why you want to work there, etc.) & then pretty much end with a logic question (they seem to recycle the same ones).

Interview Question – I apologize, but I can't seem to remember the questions for the life of me! I think the trickiest one was the one about the socks.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Eze Software in May 2014.

Interview Details – interviewed with 3 people - very serious and straighfoward interview. most interesting part was the brain teasers. you should know your resume like the back of your hand because they ask you to talk about certain bullets. make sure you have a serious interest before going in

Interview Question – what is your interest in finance and technology   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, contacted by HR within a couple days to set up a phone screen. Phone screen only took about 10 minutes, pretty standard going over resume and why you are interested in finance/technology.

First round in person interview: First I had to fill out a 13 question application online, which was actually helpful because it allowed me to collect a lot of my thoughts about my experiences ahead of time. In the interview I met with two managers from Connectivity and one from QA, all want to know why you like Eze and finance/technology. More going over resume experiences. Most interviewers will give you logic problems, they want to hear you as you solve it to understand your reasoning.

Was contacted that I had been moved into the position of a QA Analyst (the Leadership Development Program has two options, the other is Connectivity Consultant). Met with two QA managers at once, very similar interview to the first round in terms of going over resume/logic questions. Then met with head of QA- no logic questions but a lot of tough behavioral questions, be prepared with a lot of examples from your school/work experience. Lastly, I met with the co-president. More resume review and logic problems but I think the main point of this interview was to see if you could hold your own with the higher-ups of the company.

Another tip, they leave a good amount of time for you to ask questions so make sure you have some ready to go.

Overall, it was a very good interview experience. The interviewers were friendly, seemed happy with the company, and HR did a great job of communicating next steps.

Interview Question – There were a lot of logic problems/brainteasers but not too difficult, some of the behavioral ones were tougher -- something along the lines of when did you make an error that let a team down.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a one on one then two on one and then another one on one with a manager. There were basic interview questions and then logic questions used to get a better understanding of the way you think.

Interview Question – You have eight golf balls with one slightly heavier than the rest and one leveling scale. What is the least number of times you can use the scale to figure out the heavier ball.   View Answers (2)

Worked for Eze Software? Contribute to the Community!