Eze Software

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Eze Software in August 2011.

Interview Details – I didn't past the phone interview. I live in CA, so I forgot about the 3 hour time difference from Boston. They called me when I was asleep. That was that.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in June 2010.

Interview Details – I first received an email asking if i would be interested in a 1:1 phone interview. I said yes and scheduled the interview.

The phone interview asked me some simple questions about my academic and professional background. They explained the duties involved with the position and made sure i would be interested. About three days after the phone interview i was invited back for an interview at the office one week later. Before the interview, i was told to finish a questionaire and email it back.

The onsite interview consisted of three 1:1 interviews (a recruiter, an upper level manager and a software developer) and one interview with two QA managers. All four asked me about my interest in the position and other basic interview questions (biggest strengths/weaknesses etc.). All four also asked me logic questions. After the four interviews, I was told i would hear a reply within one week.

I did not recieve an offer.

Interview Question – you are given 6 golf balls, where one weighs slightly more than the others (so five have exactly equal weight). Given a scale, how few measurements can you make to identify the "heavy" ball?   View Answer

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in July 2010.

Interview Details – The process began with a phone interview, which then proceeded to an on-sight interview at the Boston HQ. The HR employee first gives you a tour of the office. Foremost, the building is a rehabilitated industrial model, so you get a sense of the "progressiveness" before the tour even begins.

As the tour proceeds, you are presented with the openness of the workplace where workers work at tables grouped together in "pods". There is also a basketball hoop at the center of the 6th floor where the HRs work. Afterwards, you are taken down a spiral staircase near the center of the floor, from which you see a kitchen where soda and OJ costs 25 cents a pop (all proceeds go to charity). Then, you are taken to a room with a full set of sofas, and the interview begins with the HR.

Basic questions about yourself, why choose the company and logic questions are asked. Then, the HR was succeeded by the QA team leader and then the QA manager. Both of these interviewers go over the material on your written application and present you with further logic questions. In total, I was given 5 logic questions and answered them all correctly.

Thoughts: Overall, the interview process was a great learning experience, as this was my first. It took 3 hours but I was told to expect it to last for only 2 hours. I thought the HR and QA team leaders were very nice individuals. However, the QA manager seemed highly skeptical about my career interests (*shrug*). Given the sort of interview questions I was given, they are definitely looking for the right candidate who fits the culture of the workplace and the individual's career interests, and will continue to search exhaustively.

Interview Questions

• What are your three biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question
  • You have 2 strings of equal length that each take 1 hour to burn if lit by a match/lighter from 1 end. The rate of the burn varies randomly (i.e. 1/2 the string can take 50 minutes to burn, while the other 1/2 takes 10 minutes to burn, among an infinite number of different variations). How do you time 45 minutes?   View Answer
  • You have 8 golf balls that appear identical but 1 is slightly heavier. You also have a balance scale. What is the shortest number of weigh-ins to guarantee that you find the heavier ball?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eze Software

Worked for Eze Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eze Software Quality Assurance Analyst interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Eze Software employees and interview candidates.