F.N.B. (PA)

www.fnbcorporation.com
  www.fnbcorporation.com

F.N.B. (PA) Interview Questions

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at F.N.B. (PA)

Customer Service Interview

very brief. no information on pay scale, raises or benefits. Most volunteered info was false.

Interview Questions
    • Not enough put into the interview to have an answe to that.   Answer Question
    take it or leave it

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at F.N.B. (PA) in February 2009.

Initial communications were very cordial and welcoming. I knew going into the process that I was not working with a startup, but a well-established bank and financial services company, so my expectation of its developer-friendliness were reduced accordingly.

I arrived on-site for a late afternoon/early evening interview after a marathon day of several interviews throughout western Pennsylvania. I was escorted by a gentleman likely in his early 50s to a small room in the receiving facility, where I took a "culture test". This test asked several questions about how I'd handle certain personnel situations (sexual harassment, dishonesty, etc.) and polled me for my own beliefs on what is right and wrong. The interviewer scored it later and said that I "performed well". I also filled out a traditional employment application, where I knowingly high-balled my salary requirement (75% higher than the job offer I eventually accepted from the interviews that day) because I would only subject myself to such an environment at a premium.

Following this, he directed me to drive up to the main building approximately a mile away. I had no problem finding it, as I am familiar with the area. I arrived and met him at the door (he couldn't taxi me there, nor could I take him, for legal reasons he cited). We went through the building and he showed me their server room. We eventually made it to another hiring officer's office, where the next part of the interview occurred.

We talked a little about me, then a little about the position - standard polyglot "you're our swiss army knife" web development job - before proceeding to go over a list of skills that was probably 70-100 items long. Rate each skill from 0-10, 0 indicated no knowledge and 10 indicating mastery and production-level experience. This part was excruciating and sent signals about how FNB conducts its business, at least internally. It took the better part of 45 minutes of me saying nothing but numbers. I wasn't allowed to explain or ruminate or anything. Just numbers.

Following this, we talked a little more and was directed to head back down to the previous building, where I needed to take one more test. I don't remember what it was exactly, but I think it was a followup to the culture test. Maybe it was some kind of review of the interview process.

I did not receive an offer. I heard through an acquaintance that the person hired was paid approximately 2/3 of my requested amount, but I obviously have no verification of this.

I didn't expect to get an offer because of the high salary requirement and the air of disappointment when I answered 0 to just about every Microsoft technology other than Windows on the skills list. They should have been able to tell from my resume, my web site, and my online profiles that I am a developer who focuses on open source languages and activities. They did not advertise the desired language/technology skills other than "web developer".

Interview Questions
    • What is your level of knowledge of technology X?   View Answer
    • Is it OK to hug someone from behind while they are using the water cooler?   View Answer