F+W Publications Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

ECommerce Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Loveland, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at F+W Publications in December 2013.

I was hired as an intern, so there were two phases of hiring. I was asked basic behavioral questions such as "what are greatest strengths and weaknesses?" Be prepared to back up all of your answers with evidence. I had several rounds of interviews - all the way up to the CDO. Most interviews were more of a conversation than a "test". It was a good experience! I would go in relaxed and confident.

Interview Questions
    • What are your ideas to improve the company?   View Answer

Managing Editor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at F+W Publications in April 2014.

Applied online. About a week later, I received an email from a HR partner asking to set up an initial screening interview. The call lasted about 45 minutes and the HR woman was very nice. She told me that a particular individual would be handling the hiring for the position and said that I would hear back from that individual by the middle of the next week. That individual never contacted me, however, the HR woman did that Friday and scheduled another interview.

Second interview was much shorter, but I thought it went well. Less than 30 minutes after we hung up, I got an email saying that the position had been filled.

Graphic Designer/Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blue Ash, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at F+W Publications in April 2012.

The interview process overall was pretty smooth. The interviewers asked great questions and were able to accurately provide information about the position. The only real complaint I have is that the actual interview lasted for nearly 2.5 hours or more! I met with 4 people total, but all individually and I had to give a run through of my portfolio 4 separate times. I feel like this is something that could be easily avoided by the interviewers pairing up or interviewing the candidate all at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • For me, the most difficult question to answer was "Where do you see your career in the next 5/10 years?"   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was a bit disappointing. I wasn't offered near the amount of salary I felt I was qualified for. It was, however, a quick process overall...and to the point.

Associate Editor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at F+W Publications.

Phone interview, followed by in person
    Submitted writing and editing portfolio

E-Commerce Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at F+W Publications in September 2011.

I had three rounds of phone interviews, once with the HR specialist, and the other two with with Managing Editors in two different locations. I was contacted a couple days after for a background check, only to find out it had gone to an internal applicant.

Interview Questions
    • What is a weakness of yours and how have you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What is a strength of yours and how does it help you in your current position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself.   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at F+W Publications.

Interviewed with 3 individuals separately- manager, HR and additional department staff
    Low stress, good questions asked. Did take long time from resume to hire

Interview Questions
    no real negotiation- job offer and taken

Worked for F+W Publications? Contribute to the Community!