F5 Networks

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Chertsey, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at F5 Networks in November 2013.

Interview Details – I got an initial email from the recruiter (HR), then scheduled with the same HR employee a quick 30 minutes interview, with simple and less-simple technical questions - no personality test. I did well, so I qualified for the second round: One hour of tougher technical questions with a support engineer. This is CCNA level and beyond (all 7 layers of the OSI model and the full TCP/IP stack) plus Linux.

Network Support Engineer Interview

Network Support Engineer
Chertsey, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview went well. I had actually applied for a different role but the hiring manager proposed I look in to NSE as it matched better with my education background. Technical Interview went well, passed just above the bar and was invited for a face to face interview. I was confident that I would pass the final technical interview but it came as tough to me as they determined I actually lacked the hands on technical analysis requirement of the role. But they recommended that I apply for the role again as I have gained more experience since I had a good grasp on the theoretical aspects of the technology.

Interview Question – Communication between two computers using a cable and determining if packet will be received by the other machine.   Answer Question

Worked for F5 Networks? Contribute to the Community!