F5 Networks Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

3.2

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks.

Interview

I applied through a friend. The process took apx 3 weeks. Initially the recruiter called. Then the director called me for a phone interview. later I met the director in person. finally I was asked to come onsite. I spent one half day talking to the team.

Interview Questions

• The approaches I take in prioritizing features. They are big on strategy as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiate with the recruiter. Hiring managers are tough to negotiate with.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at a career fair on campus then submitted an application online as per their instructions. I received a call back a few weeks later, after which they invited me to interview in Seattle. Complete the interview and was given an offer the next week.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some typical how would you design an application that did X questions as well as explaining some of the projects that I had on my resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at F5 Networks.

Interview

Deeply Technical and a lot of customer support questions on how to deal with tough customers. Lots of Linux questions so you must know your Linux fundamentals as well as knowing the OSI model thoroughly and how to set up a basic network and how to troubleshoot it.

Order Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at F5 Networks.

Interview

Fairly quickly. Applied and received a request for an email the next day, interviewed the day after that and got the offer the day after that. Very fast process. Having someone on the inside helps. You essentially go through 3-4 interviews within a 2 hour block of time; you meet the hiring manager and individuals from whatever team you'd be working with.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any formal questions...it was more or less the interviewers trying to get to know you better as a person so just be yourself and answer anything they ask honestly. be sure to ask follow up questions as well.   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was supposed to be one on one with three members of the team. Basic protocol questions from networking mentioned on the resume were asked. Recommend preparing on networking protocols thoroughly.

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied on the company website, got email next day from recruiter and set up the phone interview time. The phone interview last about 25 minutes. It's a technical interview about data structures and algorithms and TCP/IP. Nothing complicated.

Technical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and included an employee I knew as a referral. 1st phone interview was with the recruiter and lasted 35 minutes. He explained a lot about the company and asked me some general questions about my work experience. 2nd phone interview was 2 days later with the hiring manager which lasted 45 minutes. He asked me for more details about my experience and explained the job position in more detail. The following Monday I get a call and asked to come into the Seattle office for 6 one on one interviews with different people in the group on the following Friday afternoon. Interviews took about 3.5 hours, a few of hypothetical questions involving what-ifs but more questions involving details about my past job history and how I overcame difficult situations. The recruiter called the following Wednesday to say it looked like I had the job. The hiring manager called the following day to say I did have the job and I received the job offer the next day which I accepted.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks.

Interview

asinine impersonal lazy

If you've ever had a phone discussion with a recruiter from Google, or Apple, or just about any tech company you're familiar with how they like to find good candidates and match them with teams that fit their skill sets. Recruiters that actually put a little effort into their job.

Don't expect that with F5. F5 recruiters aren't even going to send you and email. They have an assistant who will do that. The assistant will schedule a time for a phone interview and that's about it.

Then you'll have a phone interview where you are expected to write code on an online whiteboard. This is pretty common practice these days, but that isn't what is really going to happen. Your interview is likely to just hang up on you because he doesn't think you could write the code by looking at your resume.

You can assure your interviewer that you read the job description and you have extensive experienced in every major area the job description lists. Give examples, sure, that might help. You can assure them that you you can work with the programming language he mentions. But you should just save your effort and pride and just say "Thank you. Have a nice day." because they couldn't be bothered to let you even attempt the coding exercise you were told to prepare for because they can't fathom how someone with your resume and experience could even begin to use the specific language they like to use.

The recruiter will still not email you.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with network protocol development and implementation?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at F5 Networks in January 2015.

Interview

This company seems like a great place to work. I have a few friends that work here and they seem to enjoy it quite a bit.

I had a referral to this company by a friend and the recruiter contacted me shortly after for a phone interview request.

The phone interview didn't go so well, unfortunately. The collab code editor didn't work for either of us, so we had to do the technical questions verbally, which was a bit confusing but alright.

I don't want to sound rude, but the interviewer's accent was really strong, as in I couldn't understand him at all. I kept asking him to repeat the questions and since I felt bad for asking so many times, I just tried to piece together what he was saying.

Aside from that, the questions he gave were OK. They were average CS-oriented questions, mostly regarding data structures (trees, queues, stacks in particular). The position was for a Javascript web developer, so the questions seemed a bit hard for the position.

Interview Questions

• Print out a binary tree by level   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at F5 Networks (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. 1 phone interview with Architect. Mostly involved multiple programming questions and improving solution as much as possible. Got response after 2 days for an onsite. Onsite was 5 interviews with architect, principal engineer and senior engineers. Lunch with hiring manager. All the interviews were very good and very intelligent people talking straight about coding. No irrelevant questions at all. They tested algorithm and programming skills. After 3 days on onsite, got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interviews where about algorithms and programming in both JavaScript and java. They did let me know upfront the language they wanted me to code in. One interviewer asked mostly about system design and architecture for a web application with brief coding on each aspect of application.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was decent enough according to my research so didn't negotiate.