F5 Networks Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

NSE II (UNIX) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Liberty Lake, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty Lake, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks.

Interview / hiring process is very thorough and detailed, and takes about half a day of interviews. They will keep asking you harder and harder questions until you stop knowing the answers. They are not trying to disqualify you, they are trying to see where your limits are. If you have sharp linux skills, and fair to middlin people skills, you can land this job.

There was no negotiation. They offered me the highest dollar posted on glassdoor for this position, and I took it.

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lowell, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in December 2012.

Phone Screen followed by in person interview. This will be a panel interview over the phone and in person. Basically you will interview with about 7 people in the span of 3 hours. The questions are detailed and grueling, but they are only probing to see if you might be better suited for a more advanced position (ENE or EAE)

Interview Questions
    • Linux CLI questions and Extremely detailed TCP/IP stack questions, HTTP questions and SSL questions. Know these backwards and forwards.   Answer Question
    E-mail. Very easy.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at F5 Networks in February 2013.

one telephonic , asked about project i have worked, skills set, OS understanding and C programming skills.
    Manager spoke about the team and what project they are handling . Called for in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • How to download a 1TB file from Server to client, different process involved, window scaling, sliding window etc   Answer Question

Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at F5 Networks.

Direct onsite interview in San Jose

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions on TCP, like on TCP Windowing.   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at F5 Networks in August 2013.

Through networking, made contact with someone in the department who pulled my resume out of the stack. Got a phone interview in which I was pressed to divulge my current salary. The recruiter wouldn't offer a range for the position I was applying for. Brought me in for an interview. Discovered that between applying and interviewing the title and focus of the job had changed so much that I was no longer qualified or interested. Big waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of one to ten where ten is "obsessive", how organized are you?   View Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks.

Technical interviewer was great person. Had clear idea of what he wants and asked to the point questions...However Human Resource are lazy. Did not replied feedback promptly. Made me wait 1-2 Week.

Interview Questions
    • Which encryption algorithm is costly (32 bit cypher or 64 bit cypher)?   View Answer

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Typical interview loop. Met with stakeholders, business owners, and managers.

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate detailed projects to large groups   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at F5 Networks in January 2014.

Had Employee Referral and had to make a quick decision, so they got me onsite
    4 (1-1) + Paper based test
    1st Interview:
    Drilled a lot on projects and why this is how things were, was a pretty serious guy and never smiled not even when he entered the room.
    How to find a circular list and the starting point of circular list
    2nd Interview:
    No of 1's in a number
    the next 2 power of a number
    3rd Interview:
    Question on hashing function (how routing tables ) are designed
    4th Interview:
    Implement a code to print elements in binary tree on each level (non -recursive)
    5th Interview:
    Systems questions (how malloc works, how is memory made of up (stack, heap))

Technical Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at F5 Networks.

campus interview, phone calls with HR and hiring manager, onsite interview with engineers and manager

Software Engineer III Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in March 2014.

I applied online through their job listing and got a phone interview call in 3 weeks. The phone interview was as interactive one with a requirement of access to a computer so that you can demonstrate your programming skills for the asked questions on the shared screen (White Board). Questions mainly comprised of Networking basics such as difference between hub, switch and router; basic linux networking commands etc. Some other questions included data structure questions for C. Interviewer was nice and friendly. No reply after the phone interview.