F5 Networks Network Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two parts. One part team technical interview and second part high level though process one on one style. Overall I enjoyed the interview sessions. The only pain factor was that they were setup with one day’s notice, this made it kind of difficult to schedule around my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• how many packets are involved in the TCP three way handshake   1 Answer
  • describe IpSec phase 1/ phase 2   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for F5 Networks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in August 2007.

Interview

f5 will not accept resumes over fax or dropped by hand. they will only take resume that were sent by email

1. phone interview

2. technical interview over the phone

3. group interview with management

4. 1:1 or group technical interview

Interview Questions

• Describe the OSI model and explain in details how it works and how it is used for troubleshooting.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at F5 Networks in January 2012.

Interview

I applied for the role of a Network Support Engineer with F5 Networks in Surrey, UK. I got a reply from the HR Lead person within minutes of applying asking for a convenient time for a telcom interview as well as a short technical 'assessment'. I responded with a time range asking that they pick an appropriate time and communicate same back to me. The appointment was shortly confirmed for the the next week and I was quite excited at the opportunity to interview.
    On the day of the phone interview, I took out time to go over the advertised role and my CV, hoping that I'd be prepared enough. That was very poor judgment on my part!
    Preliminary questions went very well. They seemed to have on offer my dream role and I was quite pleased with that. Then came the technical assessment part of the interview. To be honest, although I have some 8 years plus experience with IT systems, I was quite taken aback with how much I had lost touch with the basics. Questions asked were grouped according to the following topics:
    i. Layer 2 (OSI)
    ii. Layer3,
    iii. Layer 4
    iv. UNIX/Linux
    v. DNS

Interview Questions

• Which command is used to query a DNS server?   2 Answers
    • Where is the .config file located in a UNIX system?   1 Answer
    • In which folder is the log file located in a UNIX system?   3 Answers
    • State which Layer4 transport protocol (TCP or UDP) each of the following uses: HTTP, HTTPS, IMAP, SNMP, TFTP, SMTP.   2 Answers
    • which class does the following IP address 158.0.0.0 belong to?   1 Answer