F5 Networks Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

3.1

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied on the company website, got email next day from recruiter and set up the phone interview time. The phone interview last about 25 minutes. It's a technical interview about data structures and algorithms and TCP/IP. Nothing complicated.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

Talked to a test hiring manager. On the phone manager was all excited to bring me in for an on-site interview with the team the next week to be competitive with another company I was expecting a quick response from recruiting to set up on-site, but never heard from them. I called the recruiter a week later and was told manager "was considering me". Recruiter never contacted me again. Really poor experience.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got call from recruiter. Set up phone interview with hiring manager in few days. Manager was very friendly. Explained about company. Asked my experience related to requirements of the position and interest in position and about the company. Asked some problem solving (DS/algorithm related) questions. They see how you approach it. Not the exact answer. Next round would have been coding related interview with team members onsite. But couldn't clear the initial screen.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving questions - can't reveal due to policy.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with Staffing Manager and 2 Sr. VP's supporting Global Services followed by an onsite interview with Staffing Manager, Sr. Recruiter, HR Director and VP of Global Service Delivery. Process was quick, hiring decision was even quicker!

Interview Questions

• Describing managing/planning for large volume of recruiting   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Technical interviewer was great person. Had clear idea of what he wants and asked to the point questions...However Human Resource are lazy. Did not replied feedback promptly. Made me wait 1-2 Week.

Interview Questions

• Which encryption algorithm is costly (32 bit cypher or 64 bit cypher)?   1 Answer

Product Development Response Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

HR called me, organised a quick telephonic conversation to brief the expectation of the role, followed by Hiring manager round of interview. Later I was called onsite for 7 round of interview with 2 development manager, 1 incident manager, 1 product manager, 1 program manager, 1 test manager and lastly hiring manager. I was offered a job where HR called to discuss the offer verbally followed by negotiations and the final offer was sent to me by email. F5 was quite open in date of joining based on my availability and moved fast in bringing me onboard. HR coordinator worked with me for joining formalities and great set of documents on F5 Reference guide, Background check and benefits packet was shared to make my onboarding smooth. On joining my office was setup with laptop, backpack and many goodies

Interview Questions

• Your customer is too angry because previous solutions given, caused multiple other failures. How would you deal with this customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was quite competitive as compared to other offers I had in my hand from top companies in networking world

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Communication was great, the interview was staged into 3 technical interviews then a management level interview. The technical interviews all came in asking questions about real problems they were solving not just the theory BS that alot of places use. Management interview was lunch and just talking about various situations. Overall a very smooth interview.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, but unexpected because I was interviewing for a python position was questions about javascript.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial offer was high enough I did not feel like negotiating so it was smooth.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very thorough process that involved a phone screen, followed by an on-site interview with ~6 others. The on-site interview started with a small/simple paper exercise on basic programming questions. This appeared to be used to seed one of the interviews. The individual one-on-one sessions were done with talented folks from those fairly new to long term veterans of F5. Each interview was unique, but each seemed more of a collaborative investigation more than simple questions and answers. White board work and general talk through things was encouraged. Overall felt like a solid interview such that when I received the offer, I was sure that I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't limited to my area of experience and some were more of a collaborative investigation with a subject matter expert. Working through questions about allocating tight structures and then manipulating them were challenging for on-the-spot work, but were actually fun in the end.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The whole process of moving to the offer was slowish and methodical as F5 takes hiring seriously in terms of budgeting and job fit. Negotiation was limited to relocation funds.

Support Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

You start with a 30 minute phone screen. Once you pass that, you get scheduled for an in-person interview that lasts 4 hours.
    The in person Interview consisted of three distinct parts. 90 minutes on Linux commands and networking;90 minutes on soft skills; 30 minutes with their recruiter. The later interviewers in the panel repeatedly asked how I thought the interview went with former group went.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process in as much detail as possible, the steps that occur when you load a web page i your browser   1 Answer

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview process is longer than most other tech companies.
    Had 1 phone screen with the hiring manager about my current work and 1 algorithmic question.
    Had 8 onsite 1:1 interviews with a paper-based coding test. The paper-based coding test is what you would give to a college student.
    All interviewers were nice and friendly. All asked me 1 coding problem and 1 general question about either networking, OO programming or security. Not all interviewers asked me about my current work.

Interview Questions

• All questions were easy, nothing difficult. The interview process was too long.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation experience was bad. Its difficult to get them to quote higher salaries because they have hard set ranges for different level. This is a problem when you are coming from a big or high-paying tech firm. You would most certainly have to go for a lower pay.