FAA

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at FAA

Interview Details – Multi-step process consisted of psychological testing, in-person interview at nearest facility, followed by medical testing.

Interview Question – Questions were all generic, read off a paper.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Just lots of waiting.

Montgomery, AL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FAA in December 2011.

Interview Details – I met with a gentleman who was the manager of the control tower facility nearest to me. It was a casual, friendly conversation, with many of the questions consisting how I handle pressure, times in my life where things didn't go my way, my hobbies, why I want to go into this field, etc. Post-interview communication went through FAA human resource specialists. Mine was very helpful in keeping my abreast of my application status.

Interview Question – Name a time working in the tower where you saw a potential conflict. How did you solve it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.

Air Traffic Controller

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FAA in January 2009.

Interview Details – apply online, take ATSAT test, shedule interview and PEPC.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you worked on something and failed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation for off the streets applicants

Interviews for Top Jobs at FAA

Worked for FAA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FAA Air Traffic Controller interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by FAA employees and interview candidates.