FAA Air Traffic Controller Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2015

2.0

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at FAA.

Interview

No interview really. You just apply if you meet the requirements. They will send you an email in a few months. Then you have to take the ATSAT test. If you pass that and the Questionnaire they will send you a TOL to be followed by an FOL.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FAA

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Interview

Very arbitrary hiring process. Sometimes they will hire off the street. Other times they will require a degree in air traffic control from one of their designated colleges. If you do get placed on the hiring list, you might have to wait a very long time. Last time I checked, they weren't letting you pick a geographical area.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work a 24/7 schedule?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at FAA (Binghamton, NY).

Interview

The interview process includes a psychiatric questionnaire, a drug test and a background check. All of this takes an inordinate amount of time. The interview itself is conducted by the local air traffic manager and isn't extremely important to the hiring process. It does help you get a feel for the job and the expectations if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• The actual interview isn't difficult nor is it really as important as passing the AT-SAT exam and making the hiring list. It's more of a formality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiations involved. If you're lucky enough to be offered a position, you will be told where you are going to work and expected to pay your own move to that location.

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Interview

Multi-step process consisted of psychological testing, in-person interview at nearest facility, followed by medical testing.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all generic, read off a paper.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. Just lots of waiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FAA (Montgomery, AL) in December 2011.

Interview

I met with a gentleman who was the manager of the control tower facility nearest to me. It was a casual, friendly conversation, with many of the questions consisting how I handle pressure, times in my life where things didn't go my way, my hobbies, why I want to go into this field, etc. Post-interview communication went through FAA human resource specialists. Mine was very helpful in keeping my abreast of my application status.

Interview Questions

• Name a time working in the tower where you saw a potential conflict. How did you solve it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FAA in January 2009.

Interview

apply online, take ATSAT test, shedule interview and PEPC.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you worked on something and failed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation for off the streets applicants