FAA

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Computer Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FAA in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very slow process - 2-3 months. Process is similar throughout the FAA. There are variants when it comes to interviews. At the interview ask or listen to the rules and understand them before proceeding. When completing the application, detail and verbosity are key. There are key works used in the advertisement and, if not found in the resume, eliminate the applicant.

Interview Question – None - questions were typical.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotion. Salaries are generally schedule values and not negotiable.

Very Easy Interview

Computer Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FAA in May 2009.

Interview Details – After the online application process and confirmation that I was able to satisfactorily pass the background investigation I was offered a position. No formal interview was conducted

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a slightly higher salary but that was all. Always ask for enhanced leave accrual and for any past contracting experience to be honored toward vacation accrual. Overall, the process was very straight forward and easy going.

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FAA in July 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for various Computer Specialist and Scientist jobs via ASAP system. Called in for in-person interview; no phone screening. The first date was inconvenient for me; they rescheduled with no complaint. When they asked me for a further delay, I agreed. The interview started promptly and went smoothly. There was a panel of three interviewers from 3 functional areas. Each had a set of questions. Some were about my experiences, some were sort of hypothetical design questions, some were about credentials (e.g in project management). I felt that my resume and KSA responses had distinguished me from the competition, and that I was being judged on more personal issues (how to fit in, etc.). Several questions were about how to handle difficult workplace scenarios.
The interviewers were polite and helpful. AT the end, when they asked "Do you have any questions?" they seemed genuinely interested in responding. I was favorably impressed with the professional attitudes displayed.

Interview Question – How would you handle risk reduction in a project?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at FAA

Worked for FAA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FAA Computer Specialist interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by FAA employees and interview candidates.