FAA

Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FAA in June 2010.

Very slow process - 2-3 months. Process is similar throughout the FAA. There are variants when it comes to interviews. At the interview ask or listen to the rules and understand them before proceeding. When completing the application, detail and verbosity are key. There are key works used in the advertisement and, if not found in the resume, eliminate the applicant.

Interview Questions
Very little negotion. Salaries are generally schedule values and not negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for FAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FAA in May 2010.

Process is long, outdated and not precisely clear and is dynamic. Key is landing the interview and getting through the red tape and into an actual interview. Interview was a panel based interview with questions ranging from technical to objective in nature.

Fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FAA in July 2009.

Applied for various Computer Specialist and Scientist jobs via ASAP system. Called in for in-person interview; no phone screening. The first date was inconvenient for me; they rescheduled with no complaint. When they asked me for a further delay, I agreed. The interview started promptly and went smoothly. There was a panel of three interviewers from 3 functional areas. Each had a set of questions. Some were about my experiences, some were sort of hypothetical design questions, some were about credentials (e.g in project management). I felt that my resume and KSA responses had distinguished me from the competition, and that I was being judged on more personal issues (how to fit in, etc.). Several questions were about how to handle difficult workplace scenarios.
    The interviewers were polite and helpful. AT the end, when they asked "Do you have any questions?" they seemed genuinely interested in responding. I was favorably impressed with the professional attitudes displayed.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle risk reduction in a project?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FAA in May 2009.

After the online application process and confirmation that I was able to satisfactorily pass the background investigation I was offered a position. No formal interview was conducted

I was able to negotiate a slightly higher salary but that was all. Always ask for enhanced leave accrual and for any past contracting experience to be honored toward vacation accrual. Overall, the process was very straight forward and easy going.