FAA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.5

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FAA (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very vague. In fact, I was assigned projects as they became available. However, I soon began to enjoy the diversity of the projects that were assigned to me. I eventually became the project manager over three very important operations. It wasn't until that I realized the importance of the functions of duties that I performed, that made me know just how valuable my skill set had been. With that being said, it was then that I really began to grab the bulls by the horns.

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at FAA.

Interview

No interview really. You just apply if you meet the requirements. They will send you an email in a few months. Then you have to take the ATSAT test. If you pass that and the Questionnaire they will send you a TOL to be followed by an FOL.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FAA.

Interview

Professional attire and questions concerning position of interest. HR sometimes has problems deciphering resumes and transcripts. You have to stay on top of them to assure problems are resolved.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have working with software?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FAA in April 2015.

Interview

Simple submission via USAJobs. Uploaded all documents, i.e. Resume, FAA Certificates and Medical, etc... I was called 3 days after being referred, and interviewed one week later. My interview had 10 questions of a general nature, nothing very technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a disagreement with a co-worker, how you solved the issue, and was it a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FAA.

Interview

Apply online at USAjobs.gov then waited for a long time. Received a call for a phone interview. They ask why i applied for the job, what do i expect, then they ask a couple of questions regarding the job specifics.

Interview Questions

• They ask about national issue, regulation, and policies.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FAA.

Interview

Got a interview call from FAA after almost year for applying for this post. Interview was pretty straight forward. No tricky questions, all behavioral type of questions. Interview was one hour long. I was told to hear back from them in around 30 days if i get selected.

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Interview

Very arbitrary hiring process. Sometimes they will hire off the street. Other times they will require a degree in air traffic control from one of their designated colleges. If you do get placed on the hiring list, you might have to wait a very long time. Last time I checked, they weren't letting you pick a geographical area.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work a 24/7 schedule?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FAA.

Interview

Very difficult. You go through a series of 3 interviews. It's almost like its for a real job, but it's only temporary. It's also a panel interview so it can be very intimidating. Since it's a government job, I can understand why they took this approach.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at FAA (Binghamton, NY).

Interview

The interview process includes a psychiatric questionnaire, a drug test and a background check. All of this takes an inordinate amount of time. The interview itself is conducted by the local air traffic manager and isn't extremely important to the hiring process. It does help you get a feel for the job and the expectations if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• The actual interview isn't difficult nor is it really as important as passing the AT-SAT exam and making the hiring list. It's more of a formality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiations involved. If you're lucky enough to be offered a position, you will be told where you are going to work and expected to pay your own move to that location.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FAA (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview rook about 30 minutes. Basic questions were asked. The were not prepared for the interview. I had to wsit over 20 minutes while they trope to find a place for the interview. Writing test at end of interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the length of the longest work you have had published?   1 Answer