FAA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.6

Aerospace Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at FAA.

This Interview Process was pretty standard. I applied online and heard back a few weeks after. We set up a phone interview which lasted about 45-60 minutes. The structure was basic; they asked typical behavioral questions. After this, the interviewer and I kept in touch as they were going through the decision making process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't all that difficult. An example would be: Explain a time where you lead a team of more than 10 people.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at FAA.

ask questions about c sharp, n-tier. 2 people interview you. Then they call you 3-4 weeks later to let you know you got the job. They are not in any hurry. Trust me.

no negotionaations

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at FAA in June 2014.

I applied through the UNH career board. Interviewed with two different engineers, they read their questions off prepared sheets and took notes. The questions were general engineer interview questions, how do you solve problems, tell me about project work, how do you work in a team. They said at the end of the interview they would contact me regardless of whether I would get an offer or not, but they unsurprisingly never followed through. It went very well but I never even got an email.

Aerospace Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at FAA.

Standard interview with an open format to describe technical details. They can only ask what is already listed on the job description.

Interview Questions
    • Open ended so they basically just listen, hard to determine where you should go with an answer.   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FAA.

I was interviewing for a summer internship position (which eventually turned into a full-time permanent position). The interview was over the phone and I was asked very standard questions like "What's your background" and "What's your biggest weakness."

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I can't say that any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. It was also an entry-level internship, so I didn't expect it to be too difficult.   Answer Question

Air Traffic Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tamiami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tamiami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at FAA.

College in an approved aviation program. Interview, security and medical clearance. Training and simulation at FAA Academy in Oklahoma City, OK. OJT at assigned facility.

Interview Questions
    • You have to be able to watch a horrific crash and then continue working, because if you work in a tower long enough you will experience this. No one can take your place when this happens. If you can't do this you should consider another career.   View Answer
    Not negotiable.

Program Manager Interview

What is your Strength

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Renton, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at FAA.

I was a contractor at the FAA. Lockheed Martin was my employer. It took 4 months from the time I was contacted to my start date. I was told my job would travel a lot, but was also told that it would be scheduled well in advance. This turned out not to be the case. I was constantly switched on trips at the last minute.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. The salary was the lowest contract I have made in many years. I figured out later that the full time people were making 30% more, had benefits and the contractors were low paid because the FAA wanted to slash the expenses. They pay air traffic controllers into the $200K, and they couldn't afford to pay a tech writer a decent wage, especially for all of the grief I had to put up with. I only took the job because they were hard to find at the time. Big mistake.

Contracts Attorney Interview

The process took 8 months - interviewed at FAA.

The hiring process took about eight months rom application submission to first day on the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Most just had to do with getting to know me and why my background and education was applicable. The managers did ask whether I intended to always practice in government contracts law.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FAA in June 2013.

Never got an interview process. I had just a few short phone conversations before starting, on verification of personal information

Worked for FAA? Contribute to the Community!