FAA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.6

Aviation Safety Inspector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FAA in April 2015.

Interview

Simple submission via USAJobs. Uploaded all documents, i.e. Resume, FAA Certificates and Medical, etc... I was called 3 days after being referred, and interviewed one week later. My interview had 10 questions of a general nature, nothing very technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a disagreement with a co-worker, how you solved the issue, and was it a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Aerospace Engineering Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA.

Interview

Apply online at USAjobs.gov then waited for a long time. Received a call for a phone interview. They ask why i applied for the job, what do i expect, then they ask a couple of questions regarding the job specifics.

Interview Questions

• They ask about national issue, regulation, and policies.   Answer Question

FAA Airwothiness Safety Inspector Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FAA.

Interview

Got a interview call from FAA after almost year for applying for this post. Interview was pretty straight forward. No tricky questions, all behavioral type of questions. Interview was one hour long. I was told to hear back from them in around 30 days if i get selected.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview rook about 30 minutes. Basic questions were asked. The were not prepared for the interview. I had to wsit over 20 minutes while they trope to find a place for the interview. Writing test at end of interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the length of the longest work you have had published?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Nashua, NH) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied through the UNH career board. Interviewed with two different engineers, they read their questions off prepared sheets and took notes. The questions were general engineer interview questions, how do you solve problems, tell me about project work, how do you work in a team. They said at the end of the interview they would contact me regardless of whether I would get an offer or not, but they unsurprisingly never followed through. It went very well but I never even got an email.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

What is your Strength

Regional Operations Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Renton, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was engaged two weeks prior to the interview with notification that I had been selected as a finalist. I was given the option for what interview period I would like [a one hour block with three interviewers as a preliminary followed by a 30 minute block with the hiring manager], then sent directions to the interview site in Renton. A background check was included in the process.

Interview Questions

• All questions followed a basic Performance Based interview process (find out about Performance Based Interviewing on VA website) - all the answers were there as well as Answers.com. Typical questions included: II Customer Service In your current job, who are your internal and external customers? Specifically, how do you get satisfaction feedback from your internal customers? Specifically, how do you get satisfaction feedback from your external customers? Give specific examples of how you have used both negative and positive feedback. II Interpersonal Effectiveness A part of this job is documenting your work. On a scale of 0 to 10 with 10 being excellent writing skills, how would you rate your writing ability? Give specific example of the types of documents you write routinely. What feedback do you get from your supervisor on your writing skills? II Personal Mastery Developing and using a detailed procedure is often very important in a job. Tell about a time when you needed to develop and use a detailed procedure to successfully complete a project. II Systems Thinking In your current job, what organizational change have you made or contributed to that you are proud of? How did you go about making the change? What has been the impact of the change? II Technical Skills Give me an example of a time when you used good judgment and decision-making in solving a problem.   1 Answer

Secretarial Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Alexandria, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

From the time the job closed to interview, it was almost 4 months. Was asked a series of several "what would you do in this situation" questions. They thanked me for my time and asked if I had any questions. Was told that an offer could take just as long as the interview process did and not to give up.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you overheard co-workers talking about the new person (or another employee) in the bathroom or breakroom?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw an employee posting a threatening notice on a bulletin board?   Answer Question

Airport Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FAA (Tampa, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online through Tampa, FL civil service. Was asked to come in to do typing and skills test within 2 weeks. Upon arrival, after paying $7.00 to park in downtown Tampa, FL the place was flooded with people applying for the same job 1 week before the deadline. Typing was easy, just type the addresses correctly with good speed. Skills test was average, mostly logical questions that pertain to job. Study guide is online at the civil service website. You will know before you leave if you will pass the test. I recieved an email stating I was in the ranking for the job and the FAA and not Tampa Civil Service would contact me if they wanted to setup an interview. No call, or follow up after numerous attempts to contact everyone about status.... (this seemed to be the industry)

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

Asked several questions and role playing with manager. I thought that they were we prepared for the entire process. The entire process was thoughtful and informative along with positive. They did a great job in screening and asking the right questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to increase efficiency   1 Answer