FAA

2.6

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FAA in March 2010.

For a federal agency, the interview process was very well structured. There were several questions, and the interview was timed.

Government job, so, no much room for salary negotiation. Benefits for federal employees are pretty much standard across the board for all.

Airport Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at FAA in October 2011.

I applied online through Tampa, FL civil service. Was asked to come in to do typing and skills test within 2 weeks. Upon arrival, after paying $7.00 to park in downtown Tampa, FL the place was flooded with people applying for the same job 1 week before the deadline. Typing was easy, just type the addresses correctly with good speed. Skills test was average, mostly logical questions that pertain to job. Study guide is online at the civil service website. You will know before you leave if you will pass the test. I recieved an email stating I was in the ranking for the job and the FAA and not Tampa Civil Service would contact me if they wanted to setup an interview. No call, or follow up after numerous attempts to contact everyone about status.... (this seemed to be the industry)

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FAA in March 2009.

Hiring process was very fair and considered all of the previous work experience along with education.

Interview Questions
    • Situation based questions--Problem, Action Taken, Result   Answer Question
    Open for negotiation

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FAA.

Very difficult. You go through a series of 3 interviews. It's almost like its for a real job, but it's only temporary. It's also a panel interview so it can be very intimidating. Since it's a government job, I can understand why they took this approach.

Aerospace Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FAA.

This Interview Process was pretty standard. I applied online and heard back a few weeks after. We set up a phone interview which lasted about 45-60 minutes. The structure was basic; they asked typical behavioral questions. After this, the interviewer and I kept in touch as they were going through the decision making process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't all that difficult. An example would be: Explain a time where you lead a team of more than 10 people.   Answer Question

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FAA in May 2010.

Process is long, outdated and not precisely clear and is dynamic. Key is landing the interview and getting through the red tape and into an actual interview. Interview was a panel based interview with questions ranging from technical to objective in nature.

Fast.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at FAA in January 2013.

Panel style interview. Different department managers. Approx 10 questions. Are you a team player? Why do you want to work for the FAA? etc

Interview Questions

I had a better opportunity in another sunny state on the west coast

Aviation Safety Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FAA in August 2009.

lengthy process, difficult to confirm status of application, interview is simply verification of qualifications

Interview Questions
    • waiting on a response from HR for hiring decision, then being prompted to start immediately.   View Answer
    Not applicable

Aerospace Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FAA.

Standard interview with an open format to describe technical details. They can only ask what is already listed on the job description.

Interview Questions
    • Open ended so they basically just listen, hard to determine where you should go with an answer.   Answer Question

Front Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at FAA in March 2010.

All applicants had to be Certified Air Traffic Controllers to be eligible to bid for this job. The job announcement was posted online at USAJobs.gov. The application had to be submitted online, and involved uploading a resume and answering four essay questions (aka KSa's) - each with a 4000 character limit. The best qualified candidates were interviewed (your choice of in-person or via telephone) by a panel of four. The questions all pertained to managing people and government employment policies, not technical air traffic situations.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the annual strategic plan for the facility you are bidding?   View Answer
    There was no negotiating - the offer is 'take it or leave it', since salaries in this field are set by public law.