FAA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.6

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Multi-step process consisted of psychological testing, in-person interview at nearest facility, followed by medical testing.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all generic, read off a paper.   View Answer
    No negotiating. Just lots of waiting.

Contracts Attorney Interview

The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at FAA.

The hiring process took about eight months rom application submission to first day on the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Most just had to do with getting to know me and why my background and education was applicable. The managers did ask whether I intended to always practice in government contracts law.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

What is your Strength

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FAA.

ask questions about c sharp, n-tier. 2 people interview you. Then they call you 3-4 weeks later to let you know you got the job. They are not in any hurry. Trust me.

no negotionaations

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Very arbitrary hiring process. Sometimes they will hire off the street. Other times they will require a degree in air traffic control from one of their designated colleges. If you do get placed on the hiring list, you might have to wait a very long time. Last time I checked, they weren't letting you pick a geographical area.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work a 24/7 schedule?   View Answer

Air Traffic Control Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at FAA in January 2010.

I applied online about seven years ago. It took a bit before I was contacted. I received a date to take the AT-SAT, which is an aptitude test for controllers. I scored well on the test, had an interview and took the MMPI-2. I was offered a location and accepted (If I had known declining was an option to receive another location, I would have). Shortly after, I was given a date to show up for training in Oklahoma City.

Interview Questions
    • This job has a high suicide rate? Isn't that job really stressful?   View Answer
    What negotiation?

Secretarial Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FAA in October 2011.

From the time the job closed to interview, it was almost 4 months. Was asked a series of several "what would you do in this situation" questions. They thanked me for my time and asked if I had any questions. Was told that an offer could take just as long as the interview process did and not to give up.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you overheard co-workers talking about the new person (or another employee) in the bathroom or breakroom?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw an employee posting a threatening notice on a bulletin board?   Answer Question

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FAA in May 2009.

After the online application process and confirmation that I was able to satisfactorily pass the background investigation I was offered a position. No formal interview was conducted

I was able to negotiate a slightly higher salary but that was all. Always ask for enhanced leave accrual and for any past contracting experience to be honored toward vacation accrual. Overall, the process was very straight forward and easy going.

FAA Airwothiness Safety Inspector Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FAA.

Got a interview call from FAA after almost year for applying for this post. Interview was pretty straight forward. No tricky questions, all behavioral type of questions. Interview was one hour long. I was told to hear back from them in around 30 days if i get selected.

Airway Transportation Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FAA in October 2012.

Long lengthy process that begins on USAjobs.gov...then you have to wait for HR to call you from the district you are selected in....a pool of managers get to decide who they want and who they do not want. From this the manager that likes you the best will send you an offer letter from HR and the whole process will begin.

Interview Questions
    • Can you apply ohms law to a basic dc circuit?   View Answer