FAA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.5

Interview

Multi-step process consisted of psychological testing, in-person interview at nearest facility, followed by medical testing.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all generic, read off a paper.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. Just lots of waiting.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

What is your Strength

Contracts Attorney Interview

Application

The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at FAA.

Interview

The hiring process took about eight months rom application submission to first day on the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. Most just had to do with getting to know me and why my background and education was applicable. The managers did ask whether I intended to always practice in government contracts law.   Answer Question

Interview

Very arbitrary hiring process. Sometimes they will hire off the street. Other times they will require a degree in air traffic control from one of their designated colleges. If you do get placed on the hiring list, you might have to wait a very long time. Last time I checked, they weren't letting you pick a geographical area.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work a 24/7 schedule?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FAA.

Interview

ask questions about c sharp, n-tier. 2 people interview you. Then they call you 3-4 weeks later to let you know you got the job. They are not in any hurry. Trust me.

Negotiation

no negotionaations

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at FAA in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online about seven years ago. It took a bit before I was contacted. I received a date to take the AT-SAT, which is an aptitude test for controllers. I scored well on the test, had an interview and took the MMPI-2. I was offered a location and accepted (If I had known declining was an option to receive another location, I would have). Shortly after, I was given a date to show up for training in Oklahoma City.

Interview Questions

• This job has a high suicide rate? Isn't that job really stressful?   1 Answer

Negotiation

What negotiation?

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at FAA.

Interview

No interview really. You just apply if you meet the requirements. They will send you an email in a few months. Then you have to take the ATSAT test. If you pass that and the Questionnaire they will send you a TOL to be followed by an FOL.

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FAA (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2009.

Interview

After the online application process and confirmation that I was able to satisfactorily pass the background investigation I was offered a position. No formal interview was conducted

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a slightly higher salary but that was all. Always ask for enhanced leave accrual and for any past contracting experience to be honored toward vacation accrual. Overall, the process was very straight forward and easy going.

Secretarial Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Alexandria, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

From the time the job closed to interview, it was almost 4 months. Was asked a series of several "what would you do in this situation" questions. They thanked me for my time and asked if I had any questions. Was told that an offer could take just as long as the interview process did and not to give up.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you overheard co-workers talking about the new person (or another employee) in the bathroom or breakroom?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw an employee posting a threatening notice on a bulletin board?   Answer Question

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very vague. In fact, I was assigned projects as they became available. However, I soon began to enjoy the diversity of the projects that were assigned to me. I eventually became the project manager over three very important operations. It wasn't until that I realized the importance of the functions of duties that I performed, that made me know just how valuable my skill set had been. With that being said, it was then that I really began to grab the bulls by the horns.