FAA Interview Questions

2.6

Airway Transportation Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FAA in October 2012.

Long lengthy process that begins on USAjobs.gov...then you have to wait for HR to call you from the district you are selected in....a pool of managers get to decide who they want and who they do not want. From this the manager that likes you the best will send you an offer letter from HR and the whole process will begin.

Interview Questions
    • Can you apply ohms law to a basic dc circuit?   View Answer

Aerospace Engineering Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FAA.

Apply online at USAjobs.gov then waited for a long time. Received a call for a phone interview. They ask why i applied for the job, what do i expect, then they ask a couple of questions regarding the job specifics.

Interview Questions
    • They ask about national issue, regulation, and policies.   Answer Question

FAA Airwothiness Safety Inspector Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FAA.

Got a interview call from FAA after almost year for applying for this post. Interview was pretty straight forward. No tricky questions, all behavioral type of questions. Interview was one hour long. I was told to hear back from them in around 30 days if i get selected.

Aviation Safety Inspector Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FAA in November 2011.

Extremely difficult to get on the selection list. Once on the list the interview is rather easy. Typical questions.. Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it.

None

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Very arbitrary hiring process. Sometimes they will hire off the street. Other times they will require a degree in air traffic control from one of their designated colleges. If you do get placed on the hiring list, you might have to wait a very long time. Last time I checked, they weren't letting you pick a geographical area.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work a 24/7 schedule?   View Answer

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FAA.

Very difficult. You go through a series of 3 interviews. It's almost like its for a real job, but it's only temporary. It's also a panel interview so it can be very intimidating. Since it's a government job, I can understand why they took this approach.

Air Traffic Control Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at FAA in January 2010.

I applied online about seven years ago. It took a bit before I was contacted. I received a date to take the AT-SAT, which is an aptitude test for controllers. I scored well on the test, had an interview and took the MMPI-2. I was offered a location and accepted (If I had known declining was an option to receive another location, I would have). Shortly after, I was given a date to show up for training in Oklahoma City.

Interview Questions
    • This job has a high suicide rate? Isn't that job really stressful?   View Answer
    What negotiation?

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at FAA.

The interview process includes a psychiatric questionnaire, a drug test and a background check. All of this takes an inordinate amount of time. The interview itself is conducted by the local air traffic manager and isn't extremely important to the hiring process. It does help you get a feel for the job and the expectations if you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • The actual interview isn't difficult nor is it really as important as passing the AT-SAT exam and making the hiring list. It's more of a formality.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiations involved. If you're lucky enough to be offered a position, you will be told where you are going to work and expected to pay your own move to that location.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at FAA in June 2014.

I applied through the UNH career board. Interviewed with two different engineers, they read their questions off prepared sheets and took notes. The questions were general engineer interview questions, how do you solve problems, tell me about project work, how do you work in a team. They said at the end of the interview they would contact me regardless of whether I would get an offer or not, but they unsurprisingly never followed through. It went very well but I never even got an email.

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FAA in May 2010.

Process is long, outdated and not precisely clear and is dynamic. Key is landing the interview and getting through the red tape and into an actual interview. Interview was a panel based interview with questions ranging from technical to objective in nature.

Fast.