FAA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.5

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

Asked several questions and role playing with manager. I thought that they were we prepared for the entire process. The entire process was thoughtful and informative along with positive. They did a great job in screening and asking the right questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to increase efficiency   1 Answer

General Aviation, Avionics Safety Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FAA (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very similar to the other Aviation Safety Inspector interview posts on this site. I applied for this position in June of 2015, then received a phone call about a month later from an FAA administrative officer who told me that I was selected by the hiring FSDO location for an interview at either Chicago or Atlanta, I chose Chicago because I'd never been there before. The actual interview was conducted in July of 2015, and consisted of a verification of my credentials, which included both my resumes (military and civilian), a valid driver's license, my FCC license, since it's an Avionics Inspector billet, and my DD214 for veteran's preference, as well as a formal Q&A session with a panel comprised of three different FSDO mangers from various locations. These managers were from Chicago, from the hiring FSDO location, and from a neutral site.

Interview Questions

• Each member of the interview panel took a turn asking me specifics question from a list of ten. These one to three part questions were geared to gather insight/information on my aviation experience, both military and civilian, my writing and speaking abilities/proficiency, education background, career supervisory responsibilities, how well I can evaluate and solve work related/ co-worker relation problems, how well I get along with others, how to utilize and execute ORM (operational risk management) within the work place as a team member and leader, what characteristics should a team member/leader possess, and finally asked me what's the soonest I could if I were selected, then they offered to answer any questions that I might have.   1 Answer

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very vague. In fact, I was assigned projects as they became available. However, I soon began to enjoy the diversity of the projects that were assigned to me. I eventually became the project manager over three very important operations. It wasn't until that I realized the importance of the functions of duties that I performed, that made me know just how valuable my skill set had been. With that being said, it was then that I really began to grab the bulls by the horns.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview rook about 30 minutes. Basic questions were asked. The were not prepared for the interview. I had to wsit over 20 minutes while they trope to find a place for the interview. Writing test at end of interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the length of the longest work you have had published?   1 Answer

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at FAA.

Interview

No interview really. You just apply if you meet the requirements. They will send you an email in a few months. Then you have to take the ATSAT test. If you pass that and the Questionnaire they will send you a TOL to be followed by an FOL.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FAA in April 2015.

Interview

Simple submission via USAJobs. Uploaded all documents, i.e. Resume, FAA Certificates and Medical, etc... I was called 3 days after being referred, and interviewed one week later. My interview had 10 questions of a general nature, nothing very technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a disagreement with a co-worker, how you solved the issue, and was it a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA.

Interview

Professional attire and questions concerning position of interest. HR sometimes has problems deciphering resumes and transcripts. You have to stay on top of them to assure problems are resolved.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have working with software?   1 Answer

Airway Transportation Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Long lengthy process that begins on USAjobs.gov...then you have to wait for HR to call you from the district you are selected in....a pool of managers get to decide who they want and who they do not want. From this the manager that likes you the best will send you an offer letter from HR and the whole process will begin.

Interview Questions

• Can you apply ohms law to a basic dc circuit?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA.

Interview

Apply online at USAjobs.gov then waited for a long time. Received a call for a phone interview. They ask why i applied for the job, what do i expect, then they ask a couple of questions regarding the job specifics.

Interview Questions

• They ask about national issue, regulation, and policies.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FAA.

Interview

Got a interview call from FAA after almost year for applying for this post. Interview was pretty straight forward. No tricky questions, all behavioral type of questions. Interview was one hour long. I was told to hear back from them in around 30 days if i get selected.