FAA Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.0

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at FAA in January 2013.

Panel style interview. Different department managers. Approx 10 questions. Are you a team player? Why do you want to work for the FAA? etc

Interview Questions

I had a better opportunity in another sunny state on the west coast

Secretarial Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FAA in October 2011.

From the time the job closed to interview, it was almost 4 months. Was asked a series of several "what would you do in this situation" questions. They thanked me for my time and asked if I had any questions. Was told that an offer could take just as long as the interview process did and not to give up.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you overheard co-workers talking about the new person (or another employee) in the bathroom or breakroom?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw an employee posting a threatening notice on a bulletin board?   Answer Question

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FAA in July 2009.

Applied for various Computer Specialist and Scientist jobs via ASAP system. Called in for in-person interview; no phone screening. The first date was inconvenient for me; they rescheduled with no complaint. When they asked me for a further delay, I agreed. The interview started promptly and went smoothly. There was a panel of three interviewers from 3 functional areas. Each had a set of questions. Some were about my experiences, some were sort of hypothetical design questions, some were about credentials (e.g in project management). I felt that my resume and KSA responses had distinguished me from the competition, and that I was being judged on more personal issues (how to fit in, etc.). Several questions were about how to handle difficult workplace scenarios.
    The interviewers were polite and helpful. AT the end, when they asked "Do you have any questions?" they seemed genuinely interested in responding. I was favorably impressed with the professional attitudes displayed.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle risk reduction in a project?   View Answer

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FAA in May 2009.

Not too stressful. Very low key. Interviewing was more about what the job entails than trying to eliminate me as a candidate. FAA is very political so its more about who you know, than what you know. My masters degree was rendered useless..HA. Oh well.