FAA Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.2

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FAA (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very vague. In fact, I was assigned projects as they became available. However, I soon began to enjoy the diversity of the projects that were assigned to me. I eventually became the project manager over three very important operations. It wasn't until that I realized the importance of the functions of duties that I performed, that made me know just how valuable my skill set had been. With that being said, it was then that I really began to grab the bulls by the horns.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FAA (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview rook about 30 minutes. Basic questions were asked. The were not prepared for the interview. I had to wsit over 20 minutes while they trope to find a place for the interview. Writing test at end of interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the length of the longest work you have had published?   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FAA (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Panel style interview. Different department managers. Approx 10 questions. Are you a team player? Why do you want to work for the FAA? etc

Interview Questions

I had a better opportunity in another sunny state on the west coast

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FAA (Washington, DC) in July 2009.

Interview

Applied for various Computer Specialist and Scientist jobs via ASAP system. Called in for in-person interview; no phone screening. The first date was inconvenient for me; they rescheduled with no complaint. When they asked me for a further delay, I agreed. The interview started promptly and went smoothly. There was a panel of three interviewers from 3 functional areas. Each had a set of questions. Some were about my experiences, some were sort of hypothetical design questions, some were about credentials (e.g in project management). I felt that my resume and KSA responses had distinguished me from the competition, and that I was being judged on more personal issues (how to fit in, etc.). Several questions were about how to handle difficult workplace scenarios.
    The interviewers were polite and helpful. AT the end, when they asked "Do you have any questions?" they seemed genuinely interested in responding. I was favorably impressed with the professional attitudes displayed.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle risk reduction in a project?   1 Answer

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FAA (Washington, DC) in May 2009.

Interview

Not too stressful. Very low key. Interviewing was more about what the job entails than trying to eliminate me as a candidate. FAA is very political so its more about who you know, than what you know. My masters degree was rendered useless..HA. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer