FAO of the UN Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.7

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FAO of the UN.

Interview

simple

Consultant Interview

Interview

I submitted my CV and I was hired, no interview required. They evaluate my experience and I fitted for the position.

Kknowledge Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at FAO of the UN (Rome (Italy)).

Interview

Three interviews with senior staff

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was set coming in as a consultant

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at FAO of the UN (Rome (Italy)).

Interview

It is a panel interview with a set of standard questions that generally match the vacancy announcement. You're graded based on your answers. A short list of candidates is created by the panel and then submitted to a committee for review and then through the ranks for approval.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are not standard, so they will vary by position depending on who prepares the questions.   Answer Question

Personnel Unit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FAO of the UN (Bangkok (Thailand)) in September 2012.

Interview

I was called in by an insider, and there was nearly no way someone can get a position inside an organization like this without knowing an insider. The interview was very impromptu, as I happened to be in the area, and was called in. It was rather informal. They just wanted to check if I could utilize my language skills for the job, and that I would be able to work a certain period.

Web Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FAO of the UN.

Interview

Got a call communication 1 month after application confirming I'd been shortlisted and scheduled for an interview exam and thereafter for a face to face interview infront of a panel.

Interview Questions

• If assigned to go to Somalia and offer some training or implement some solution would you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Smooth -they use international standards when it comes to renumeration

Assets Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FAO of the UN (Budapest (Hungary)) in June 2012.

Interview

First we had an hour long English pre-screening exam. I can't comment on how easy or difficult it was - I studied in the US so it was easy for me. Then I had my first interview with an HR person and two unit managers. They were asking the classic interview questions, like, where do you see yourself in 3 years, your strengths and weaknesses, what would you do if you got an angry phone call from a customer, etc... Then I had two 1:1 interviews with two team leaders, whose teams they were considering me for and I ended up choosing one.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 yrs? I hate this Q because it's a Catch 22: if you say "in the same position", you're not ambitious enough; if you say, "well, working on this or that kind of project" or "being in a managerial position", they're worried that you already want to get ahead, or perhaps don't even like the job you're applying for, that much...   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at FAO of the UN (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in March 2010.

Interview

very strange hiring process for different type of positions