FAO of the UN

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Assistant Interview

Project Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FAO of the UN.

Interview Details – simple

Interview Question – no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at FAO of the UN

Interview Details – I submitted my CV and I was hired, no interview required. They evaluate my experience and I fitted for the position.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Kknowledge Management Specialist Interview

Kknowledge Management Specialist
Rome (Italy)

I applied in-person and interviewed at FAO of the UN.

Interview Details – Three interviews with senior staff

Interview Question – No extremely difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was set coming in as a consultant

Officer Interview

Officer
Rome (Italy)

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at FAO of the UN.

Interview Details – It is a panel interview with a set of standard questions that generally match the vacancy announcement. You're graded based on your answers. A short list of candidates is created by the panel and then submitted to a committee for review and then through the ranks for approval.

Interview Question – Interview questions are not standard, so they will vary by position depending on who prepares the questions.   Answer Question

Assets Consultant Interview

Assets Consultant
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FAO of the UN in June 2012.

Interview Details – First we had an hour long English pre-screening exam. I can't comment on how easy or difficult it was - I studied in the US so it was easy for me. Then I had my first interview with an HR person and two unit managers. They were asking the classic interview questions, like, where do you see yourself in 3 years, your strengths and weaknesses, what would you do if you got an angry phone call from a customer, etc... Then I had two 1:1 interviews with two team leaders, whose teams they were considering me for and I ended up choosing one.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 3 yrs?
I hate this Q because it's a Catch 22: if you say "in the same position", you're not ambitious enough; if you say, "well, working on this or that kind of project" or "being in a managerial position", they're worried that you already want to get ahead, or perhaps don't even like the job you're applying for, that much...
  Answer Question

Web Programmer Interview

Web Programmer

I applied online and interviewed at FAO of the UN.

Interview Details – Got a call communication 1 month after application confirming I'd been shortlisted and scheduled for an interview exam and thereafter for a face to face interview infront of a panel.

Interview Question – If assigned to go to Somalia and offer some training or implement some solution would you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Smooth -they use international standards when it comes to renumeration

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at FAO of the UN in March 2010.

Interview Details – very strange hiring process for different type of positions

Worked for FAO of the UN? Contribute to the Community!