FARO Technologies

Updated Jan 7, 2015
Updated Jan 7, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at FARO Technologies

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FARO Technologies in November 2014.

The process started with a call from a head hunter. Then a 1/2 hr call with HR, after that it was a call from a regional manager. That's where the process hit a wall. I was told after that call I would receive another call from corporate then receive an offer. Still waiting. It's been a couple months. The job hasn't been filled, and (according to the head hunter) I'm still in the game.

Interview Questions
    • They were just the standard type questions: What would you do if?? and what was your most difficult situation you've had to overcome.   Answer Question

Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at FARO Technologies.

Technical interview with multiple people. Finished interviews with the HR manager. Very little feedback from HR manager and no response for several weeks - trying to setup the interview, whether it went positively or negatively. Extremely unprofessional.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FARO Technologies.

Had one interview with the hiring managers. Communication was through a secretary. After the interview, did not hear anything back, not a "yes", not a "no". Followed up with the secretary a couple of times - no response. I'm sure they are busy, but that's just not a good way of doing it.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FARO Technologies in August 2011.

The phone interview was very casual. The manager, lead developer, and two other developers conducted the interview. A few days later I was asked to do a 1:1 interview with HR, followed by a group panel interview. The group panel interview was broken into two parts. The first part was more relaxed with 4 developers in the room. The second part of the group panel was draining. By then I was exhausted with questions. There were 5 developers asking questions on various software concepts one after the other. The entire interview including 1 hour lunch with the team took 5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most efficient sorting algorithm for sorting binary numbers?   View Answer

FARO Technologies, Inc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FARO Technologies in June 2010.

A phone interview first, followed by an on-site interview. The onsite interview took 2-3 hours and you met with 4 - 5 engineering personnel. There were a lot of technical questions pertaining to mechanical engineering (materials, stress analysis, Solidworks CAD, etc.) and physics.

Interview Questions
    • The Engineering manager asked a lot of tricky physics questions where you really had to think through the problem. The hiring manager said that those questions showed how you approached and thought through a problem.   Answer Question
    They asked for a preferred salary range and then offer a value and the middle of the range.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FARO Technologies in March 2011.

they got my referral from another competitor firm. after that there was one to one discussion, HR round, technical round which consist my previous work skills and all. they checked all the technical parameters and as well as market understanding according to their products. good experience it was on the positive end.