FBR

www.fbr.com

FBR Interview Questions

2.9

Sales Assistant Interview

Interviewed in person at the FBR office this past summer. Friendly atmosphere, interesting variety of characters - did seem a little desolate with something like 25 desks/computers and only 6 or so employees.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see the stock market moving in the next few years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at FBR in January 2013.

This was an on campus recruiting process. The on campus interview was very conversational, went very smoothly. I was called up to the DC headquarters for a final round interview. This was a series of 6 interviews with various levels of the Sales and Trading Team including 3 MDs. That day there was an online Wall Street Assessment test administered however no mention of that was made after.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FBR in January 2012.

phone call followed by invitation to come to ny. modelling and discussion

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FBR in April 2011.

First round was just a phone interview. Very basic- mostly fit questions, walking through resume, why banking, what can you tell me about FBR, etc.

Final round was series of 1:1 interviews at their new york office. most of the analysts were really friendly. asked all of the basic technicals (dcf, wacc, other ways to value a company, balance sheets,etc). One lady was exceedingly rude, however, and was trying her best to belittle everything I said. But I'm guessing this was just an act to throw me off.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FBR in March 2010.

7 Interviews. 1 consisting of a SVP as well as a Group Head/SMD and was by far the most challenging.

Interview Questions
    • $10 change in depreciation. How does it flow through Income, BS, and Cash Flow statements   Answer Question

Sales Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at FBR in March 2010.

A headhunter set it up. They are looking for "whale" producers. Just met with a desk head, we didn't "click". They have some ambitious goals but I don't perceive it as a place that has any significant differentiating factors from the many other mid to low tier shops. The office is a large trading floor that is half-empty at the moment. For me, nothing about the place or management's vision sounded exciting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

The process took a weekinterviewed at FBR in August 2008.

Very straightforward. Mostly personality-driven interview to see if I could be an effective salesman. I did not have any prior financial experience so it is probably a good thing they didn't ask me too many technical questions or make me do any mock pitches. Be prepared to prove your level of interest in finance/economics if going in for an entry-level position like this; not necessarily prior knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • How does your background make you a strong candidate for this position?   Answer Question
    First year job has firm pay structure. It is non-negotiable. Commissions are at the discretion of senior brokers and dependent upon performance. Do not count on them as part of the package first year.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FBR in January 2008.

Good technical questions asked with live examples to solve. Interviewer was great and very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
    • Solving a problem on the fly. Had to take a program test on the computer.   Answer Question
    They negotiate for a very low salary promising bonus but bonusses are very low.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FBR in June 2007.

much more of a personality fit test than anything

Interview Questions
    not much room for negotiation due to the current market conditions

Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FBR in June 2010.

Industry exposure and be confident