FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

2.7

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Design Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

More of just a discussion over resume and related experience. There was a booklet of set questions that the hiring manager was supposed to ask but we never got around to it. Just discussed different past positions and roles and responsibilities of current job. Went through job description and structure.

Salary was too low

Battery Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online – interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

I was asked technical as well as behavioral questions. Please be prepared to answer behavioral questions in a STAR format. You must be able to present various concepts wrt battery in a paper.

Interview Questions
    • There were behavioral questions like winning the trust of someone, mentoring others, team work etc   Answer Question

Project Chief Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in August 2014.

The Chrysler recruiter emailed to notify me of the opening and again 10 days later to remind me. I had had an initial phone screening with her 3 months earlier for a different position. I sent an online application and 2 months later got called to an interview with the Systems Responsible (Director), a DR (Manager) and another PC (Program Manager).
    The interview was short: 45min. It started with an explanation of the complex matrix org. chart, an overview of my career, the reason to leave my current employer and then behavioral/situational questions. There was no time for questions for my part which left me unsatisfied as I had time to sell myself but no time to find out if I will be a good fit and have a fair chance to be happy and successful in this role.
    Two weeks later I got a voicemail from a person from a 3rd party company in Oregon with an offer sent through email. After overnight review I called him back and explained offer is inferior to my current compensation and floated a higher figure that would motivate me to change. The hired negotiator circled back with HR and in an hour sent me a 1-liner email saying they can't accommodate. I declined the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of an occasion where you were not satisfied with your performance
      Tell me of a time when you need it to use creativity to solve a problem
      Give us an example of a time when you needed to go beyond your responsibilities to understand the customers expectations

View Answer

The offer too close to my current compensation. Better base pay but slightly lower accounting for the lower benefits.

Dodge Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in July 2014.

Applied online, and just about three weeks later HR scheduled the first round interview. The first round phone interview was pretty basic (somewhat stiff), lasted about 15-20 minutes. Less then a week later I was then scheduled for a second round interview with two of the hiring Brand Managers. This was a little more relaxed, A get to know you kind of thing. It lasted about 30 minutes. I felt good about the second interview, but 6-7 weeks later I was told via email "Thank you for your interest in a position with Chrysler. While your background has many impressive aspects, we have selected candidates who more closely fit our current business needs. Again, thank you for your interest in Chrysler. We wish you the best in your career endeavors."

Interview Questions
    • If you could change one thing about or on any Dodge vehicle, what would you change?   Answer Question

Powertrain Benchmarking Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in June 2014.

It took more than 10 days to get the interview after getting the call from the recruiter.
    The recruiter was T.E.C. actually they sent me many positions by email for Chrysler and they chose me for that position.
    it was a face to face interview with three managers from Chrysler.

Interview Questions
    • i was expecting a technical interview but all the questions were behavior questions.
       5 or 6 questions.

Answer Question

Seat Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in May 2014.

Hiring manager wanted to set up a face-to-face interview, but I could not make it to the interview location, so a Skype interview was arranged instead. They were very accommodating and understanding when setting up the interview. The Skype interview went as usual with a few technical issues at first, but everything was worked out very quickly. A job offer was extended to me in a matter of hours after interviewing, but the hiring manager wanted an answer within one business day, so there was very little time to consider all factors.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you worked in a group where one or more people did not pull their weight and did not put forth the necessary effort to complete the project. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

I wanted to pursue other opportunities and the time given to answer yes or no was too short to consider other options.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in April 2014.

You will receive a call from onboarding to schedule an interview, should they be interested in interviewing you for the position. The interview will be in person with an HR professional and your prospective manager. A drug screen and background check will follow after you get a call offering you the position. The rest of the process is online. Your official letter offer comes within 3 business days.

Interview Questions
    Everything is digital; there is very little opportunity to negotiate any details or discuss the position in any detail with anyone before you begin.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in April 2014.

The interview process is comfortable in that the questions are geared towards finding out who you really are (situational questions). You want the person doing the interview to know, because you don't want a job that doesn't fit you. Being honest is the most important part. Communication is essential at Chrysler and cross-cultural communication is also essential.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of interviewing is the "What would you do with a bad employee question" - that's hard because they want you to be able to make tough calls, but sometimes "bad employees" are just the victims of bad management. I felt that they wanted me to say, that in the end, if someone doesn't perform - they need to be let go.   Answer Question
    No salary negotiations occur. They tell you based on the job and your experience and past pay.

Communications Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in January 2014.

Filled out the first application. A couple weeks later, I filled out an additional application and form allowing them to perform an in-depth background check. A couple weeks later, I had an interviewed scheduled at the headquarters in Auburn Hills. My interview was about an hour long. Be sure to bring writing and video samples. Got a decision about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • We did some role playing that involved me working an event that required me to get a picture for a reporter right away. They wanted to know what I would do. The interview was behavior based.   View Answer

Information and Communication Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in November 2013.

I applied online through their website. Received an email about 2 weeks later to schedule an on-campus interview. Asked to tell them about myself. Other than that, they asked pretty easy behavioral questions. Contacted me 3 days later with an offer. Overall a smooth interview process from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    Intern position so no negotiation was available.