FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.9

Seat Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in May 2014.

Hiring manager wanted to set up a face-to-face interview, but I could not make it to the interview location, so a Skype interview was arranged instead. They were very accommodating and understanding when setting up the interview. The Skype interview went as usual with a few technical issues at first, but everything was worked out very quickly. A job offer was extended to me in a matter of hours after interviewing, but the hiring manager wanted an answer within one business day, so there was very little time to consider all factors.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you worked in a group where one or more people did not pull their weight and did not put forth the necessary effort to complete the project. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

I wanted to pursue other opportunities and the time given to answer yes or no was too short to consider other options.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Phone screening, corporate interview and plant interview

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult for me. Mostly behavior based questions.   Answer Question
    I negotiated based on my education and experience

Information and Communication Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

Just a round of HR with the casual STAR question with no technical round whatsoever

Interview Questions
    • They shouldve asked if i was International student. They didnt   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in May 2014.

I was flown in on three separate occasion (Orlando once, Detroit twice). Each interview was scheduled for 2 hours. In Orlando I flew in on the last day of the month, which meant for me to sit in a corner office for 22 minutes before anyone spoke to me. From there all I did was just chat with lower level guys and one hiring manager. Just chit chat no hard questions. After 16 weeks of waiting and no returned calls/emails the position was "cancelled" On my Detroit trips I met with all the decisions makers the first time and lost out to an "internal" candidate. I was flown back out a month later when I new position opened up. I spoke to some older gentleman who retires at the end of the week and another manager who was on his phone the whole time. All two of the three cases were sloppy and unorganized.

Don't bother trying to contact anyone with questions, they don't answer or BS their way out of it. I am bitter about the time wasted to fly out, but the lack of professionalism and organization really stuck with me.

EXPECT TO WAIT

Communication Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

I applied through my University's Career Services in late 2012 for a Communication Intern position with Chrysler that would take place in the summer of 2013, directly after graduation. It was a pretty simple process, I skipped providing a Cover Letter but my resume caught their attention.

The interview was set up by Career Services and took place in Career Services (basically, it was THE opportunity for Communication students, at least if you didn't have your own connections to big Corporations).

I met with two representatives from Chrysler, and was given a pretty general interview. They make sure to let you know how grateful and proud you should be to have the chance to interview with them, which may be true but it took some willpower not to roll my eyes.

The questions and answers were pretty straightforward, as the interview went on I understood less and less why this was considered such a great opportunity when it was clear that there was no guarantee of a full-time position, but I know of a person the year prior that did get this internship against all the competition and got a great opportunity as a Communication Specialist, so there's that.

I knew I wouldn't get the position by the start of the interview because they were surprised I didn't bring a writing sample, but no one had told me to do so. I sent a writing sample over after, but in my opinion it didn't make much of a difference.

Despite pretty much knowing I wouldn't get an offer, I was rather put off by the lack of correspondence afterwards. A corporation like Chrysler should at least be telling people when they have been rejected, but they didn't even set up the interview themselves so maybe they thought it wasn't their responsibility.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in April 2014.

You will receive a call from onboarding to schedule an interview, should they be interested in interviewing you for the position. The interview will be in person with an HR professional and your prospective manager. A drug screen and background check will follow after you get a call offering you the position. The rest of the process is online. Your official letter offer comes within 3 business days.

Interview Questions
    Everything is digital; there is very little opportunity to negotiate any details or discuss the position in any detail with anyone before you begin.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in April 2014.

The interview process is comfortable in that the questions are geared towards finding out who you really are (situational questions). You want the person doing the interview to know, because you don't want a job that doesn't fit you. Being honest is the most important part. Communication is essential at Chrysler and cross-cultural communication is also essential.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of interviewing is the "What would you do with a bad employee question" - that's hard because they want you to be able to make tough calls, but sometimes "bad employees" are just the victims of bad management. I felt that they wanted me to say, that in the end, if someone doesn't perform - they need to be let go.   Answer Question
    No salary negotiations occur. They tell you based on the job and your experience and past pay.

Picker/Packer Interview

Phone interview, one month later physical exam and drug test then you wait patiently for them to call you back which seems like forever maybe 4 months to start working.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

Applied for an interview on their website, then had face to face interview, and heard back from them with an offer two months later. During the interview they asked me to tell about myself and my resume. They then asked me three questions. They all started with "tell me about a time….". One of them was asking about when I was innovative, another was about a time that I worked in a group and had a problem, and the last was about a time I turned in work that I wasn't happy with and how it affected my future work.

Interview Questions
    • For me, trying to think of a time that I wasn't happy with the quality of work I did was difficult. Trying to come up with something that wasn't just the generic "I turned in a poor assignment because I didn't have time to do it and I learned to never do it again". Being creative with those questions were difficult because it was so general and I wasn't exactly sure what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

Applied online and was selected for an initial phone screen 1 week later

Interview Questions
    • I'm a college student and expected more behavioral type questions. Instead I spoke with an HR rep who read to me the qualifications online (those listed on the job description) and then asked me when I worked in manufacturing, with large amounts of financial data, and so forth. She knew nothing about the position and it was a very painful, unprofessional experience.   Answer Question