FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Product Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.9

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in July 2014.

Got an interview through a recruiter. Interviewers were nice. Interview took basic STAR format questions and lasted for about an hour. They desired for me to be as detailed as possible.

Other Interview Reviews for FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in September 2013.

On campus recruitment. Met several Chrysler representatives at the career fair. Was invited to dinner and to interview the next morning. Just a couple of weeks after the interview I received an email with an offer for summer internship. All recruiters were very friendly. They prefer people who like their cars and are knowledgeable about the automotive industry. I personally am not very familiar with either on the technical side, but I do really like their brands so I focused on that. They also like if you have a clear idea of what you want to do at the company. Basically, do your research on the job that you would like to have, and know enough about their brands and product line.

The job title I applied for is "Product Development Engineering Intern". It says in the description that they are looking for Mechanical and Electrical Engineers only. However, I am a Materials Engineer, and I was appropriately placed in a Materials Engineering department. I worked with many chemical, industrial and bioengineers as well so don't be deterred by the major requirement.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did less than your best work.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate salary as that is pretty set in stone for engineers. Did negotiate to have my response deadline pushed back until November 1st (From mid-late October).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in June 2013.

-Apply via Chrysler website
    -If interested, you will be asked to come in for an interview
    -Interview consists of set questions from a HR sheet with your potential manager; they will sometimes ask their own questions
    -If you are selected, you need to undergo a background and drug check

Able to negotiate salary

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in September 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter a week in advance to come in for an interview at their main Auburn Hills location. The process consisted of a panel interview by 2 individuals in a fairly relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. They asked pretty standard interview questions, specifically about my technical background and various aspects of my experience, such as projects I had worked on and which CAD packages I was familiar with. I was given a fairly detailed description of the position's responsibilities as well as day-to-day tasks. It lasted 40-45 minutes in total.

However, when I contacted the recruiter to follow up, he said the managers had not given him any feedback and I was not given a call back

Interview Questions
    • What aspects of your experience make you a good fit for this position?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in May 2010.

HR call for phone interview ask question related to job profile and experience on each job requirements. Then if that stage is cleared then setup face to face interview with Engineering manager. After interview if selected they send you offer for you to accept or reject. Once you get offer you and dissatisfied you can talk to HR.

good.

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

I was an intern at Chrysler for 2 consecutive summers. After finishing my second internship as a senior in undergrad, they interviewed me for a full-time position. It was a two hour process, broken up into two sections. Each section was with a different set of two interviewers. Each pair asked 5 strictly behavioral questions. I received and offer about two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult, they were all standard behavioral questions that I've encountered in interviews before.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in December 2010.

Chrysler uses a list of pre-determined questions in the form of a situational interview

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in May 2009.

Direct with Engineers

Interview Questions
    • When is with engineers it is not a problem, the problem come when you first has to interview with RH   View Answer
    They offer me the base salary and I accept