FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Product Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in July 2014.

Interview

Got an interview through a recruiter. Interviewers were nice. Interview took basic STAR format questions and lasted for about an hour. They desired for me to be as detailed as possible.

Other Interview Reviews for FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in September 2013.

Interview

On campus recruitment. Met several Chrysler representatives at the career fair. Was invited to dinner and to interview the next morning. Just a couple of weeks after the interview I received an email with an offer for summer internship. All recruiters were very friendly. They prefer people who like their cars and are knowledgeable about the automotive industry. I personally am not very familiar with either on the technical side, but I do really like their brands so I focused on that. They also like if you have a clear idea of what you want to do at the company. Basically, do your research on the job that you would like to have, and know enough about their brands and product line.

The job title I applied for is "Product Development Engineering Intern". It says in the description that they are looking for Mechanical and Electrical Engineers only. However, I am a Materials Engineer, and I was appropriately placed in a Materials Engineering department. I worked with many chemical, industrial and bioengineers as well so don't be deterred by the major requirement.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did less than your best work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate salary as that is pretty set in stone for engineers. Did negotiate to have my response deadline pushed back until November 1st (From mid-late October).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Auburn Hills, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

-Apply via Chrysler website
    -If interested, you will be asked to come in for an interview
    -Interview consists of set questions from a HR sheet with your potential manager; they will sometimes ask their own questions
    -If you are selected, you need to undergo a background and drug check

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate salary

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Auburn Hills, MI) in September 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter a week in advance to come in for an interview at their main Auburn Hills location. The process consisted of a panel interview by 2 individuals in a fairly relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. They asked pretty standard interview questions, specifically about my technical background and various aspects of my experience, such as projects I had worked on and which CAD packages I was familiar with. I was given a fairly detailed description of the position's responsibilities as well as day-to-day tasks. It lasted 40-45 minutes in total.

However, when I contacted the recruiter to follow up, he said the managers had not given him any feedback and I was not given a call back

Interview Questions

• What aspects of your experience make you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Auburn Hills, MI) in May 2010.

Interview

HR call for phone interview ask question related to job profile and experience on each job requirements. Then if that stage is cleared then setup face to face interview with Engineering manager. After interview if selected they send you offer for you to accept or reject. Once you get offer you and dissatisfied you can talk to HR.

Interview Questions

• How you deal with difficult people   1 Answer

Negotiation

good.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

Interview

I was an intern at Chrysler for 2 consecutive summers. After finishing my second internship as a senior in undergrad, they interviewed me for a full-time position. It was a two hour process, broken up into two sections. Each section was with a different set of two interviewers. Each pair asked 5 strictly behavioral questions. I received and offer about two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were too difficult, they were all standard behavioral questions that I've encountered in interviews before.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in December 2010.

Interview

Chrysler uses a list of pre-determined questions in the form of a situational interview

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in May 2009.

Interview

Direct with Engineers

Interview Questions

• When is with engineers it is not a problem, the problem come when you first has to interview with RH   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer me the base salary and I accept