FCB Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had an informational/behavioral interview during the winter, was told I would be notified in a few months if I had moved on for final interview. 5 45 minute interviews and a 5 minute interactive resume presentation. Was offered a full-time position a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay, benefits, etc non-negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for FCB

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FCB in October 2012.

Interview

There are lots of interviews, up to 8 different team members. May seem overwhelming, but they are checking to see the fit with the team because that's often the #1 factor. Lots of problem-solving type questions are asked, but all looking for the process used to solve rather than the answer itself.

Interview Questions

• If your family owned a ping pong ball manufacturing facility and ping pong became illegal suddenly, how would you adjust your strategy to save your family from going broke?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, but I expect it was because I was entry level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Initially applied through the career center at my school and received an in-person, on campus interview with a non-HR employee. Interview was only 15 minutes and was basically just a personality fit. I was told I would be contacted by the recruiter at the conclusion of the interview, which meant I had moved to the next round. Then I talked over the phone with the recruiter about a week later and this was another personality fit along with a basic phone interview. After a month or so I was notified that I had been chosen to participate in a final-round interview in their Chicago office. The interview consisted of a 5 minute "interactive resume" presentation, and 5 45-minute interviews. About a month later I was notified they were not going to make me an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

She was rude and looked down upon me even though iwas obviously smarter and more prepared than she thought i was. Her questions were simple: what's your favorite adds? Why DraftFCB? Why the school you go to? etc... Since I attend an IV, her questions were as though I was pretentious and couldn't answer the simple questions she told me about like Tell me about a time when...

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Talked to a representative from each department and a few extra from account management. Was pretty laid back but questions were insightful. Liked getting to know the people who worked there to help see how my personality would fit in. It took all day but I was set up in a comfortable hotel for the night and my travel was reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• What is a current industry trend that you think is on the way out?   1 Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FCB.

Interview

Had an on campus interview. It was a pretty standard advertising interview, where I was asked for examples of both good and bad advertising campaigns, a walk through my resume, skills and experiences that exemplify why I'm a good fit, why Draft specifically, and why the position. Come prepared with your personality, your stories, and your smile!

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things about yourself that I wouldn't get from reading your resume.   Answer Question