FCB Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Honestly don't waste your time with FCB Chicago if you don't live in the area. The interview process was the worst process I've been through. I made it to the final step and they couldn't give me a real reason why they didn't hire me. It took them a month and a half to give me a decision after my final interview. I tried to reach out to the members of department a couple times and they didn't even respond. I regret spending so much money traveling to Chicago for the interview. The Analytics department act like they don't care. I passed the analytics test which consisted of analyzing sales data, creating a powerpoint, and answering a couple brain teaser questions. The department knew I had the ability to do the job, but still decided to hire me without a real reason,

If you didn't graduate from Northwestern or UChicago, or if you are not foreign or white, you might as well not even apply. Honestly I'm completely disappointed with the agency and I I'm glad I didn't get the job. Every time I think about the experience, I just can't believe how horrible I was treated by the Strategic Analytics department. If I could do it all over again, I would've never applied. Please don't make the same mistake I did.

Interview Questions

• Why FCB Chicago? What is your favorite recent ad campaign?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had an informational/behavioral interview during the winter, was told I would be notified in a few months if I had moved on for final interview. 5 45 minute interviews and a 5 minute interactive resume presentation. Was offered a full-time position a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay, benefits, etc non-negotiable.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

At University Career Fair I was told there were no open positions but they would keep my resume on file. Two weeks later I was contacted by HR because of a recent budget increase. Had two interviews that were very awkward. HR started the interview with, "Why Missouri?" - I think it was very obvious by both parties that we did not mesh well.

I had another interview set up shortly after with an account coordinator. This interview was very awkward as well.

I was told I would get a response in roughly two weeks, 24 hours later I was told I did not get the position. I was not bothered by this news.

Interview Questions

• Why Missouri? --- as if I picked my university based on the fact it is in BFE USA   Answer Question

Account Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Recruiter Skyped with those who were selected from our campus, I then skyped with an Account Coordinator.
    First one lasted maybe 20 minutes, and was very straight-forward. The second one felt like more of a conversation. It felt like more of a "can we get along and just talk for a bit" kind of interview more than it was me getting grilled on some questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Met them at a career fair, then was called back for an interview the next day with 2 HR representatives

SEO Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Hiring process for this position was actually a promotion. I reached out in an effort to build an SEO offering for Draftfcb in Chicago.

I was met with general enthusiasm, but was essentially put to a trial by fire. My first task, pre-promotion was to run a SERM campaign for the company. When success metrics were being met, and all top brass were satisfied, they gave me the job.

Interview Questions

• In this case, there weren't any tough or unexpected questions. Though, the toughest bit about this process was keeping very high-level executives informed and educated on what the processes, timeframes, and expected outcomes were to be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple- I accepted the promotion in a meeting setup with my original and new supervisor. The raise was fairly substantial.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I was really excited when I was called in for a brief interview with Draftfcb. I was told by friends who work for the company that this was the first step to being passed to the hiring manager. I talked with them about the position, researched the company, and felt confident.

I showed up, and went to the security desk two minutes before the scheduled time of the interview (hate being too early so you inconvenience them, but factored in elevator time.)

I was sent to one floor, where I waited several minutes. The interviewer came and brought me to her office on a different floor (elevator again) - no idea why she couldn't have just me outside the elevator on her own floor.

The reason I am nitpicking the time is because it was more than 10 minutes after our scheduled start time when we settled in, and she said "Now we only have 20 minutes." (It was supposed to be a half hour interview). But she took almost 10 minutes to get me from the floor she sent me to! If she had just met me at the elevator on her floor, we'd have started right on time.

She asked me some easy questions and it was clear she wasn't a subject matter expert regarding the area of expertise we were talking about. Hard to share wins with her when she clearly didn't understand it. That's fine but it makes it hard.

At the end of the interview, she informed me that they had made an offer to someone else a couple days prior for this position but were waiting to hear back. I guess I was backup, but I didn't appreciate my time being wasted like that. She also said she'd follow up within one week and it's been two.

It really soured me on a company that had previously been at the top of my list.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Had my first contact with HR in Oct. of 2011, had two phone interviews (25 minutes each) answering questions about my interest in media planning, advertising, and my past work experiences. The HR reprs were extremely nice and the questions were pretty straight forward. Then, I was flown to Chicago to interview with various employees in person. The hotel was absolutely beautiful and I received a phone call from an HR rep and a current employee the night before to answer any last minute questions. The final round consisted of 5-7 interviews with different meda employees throughout the agency. You have to take a 30 min media test in the morning (which is pretty straight forward) and you have lunch with a current employee (someone who's entry level) to have a casual conversation about what it is like to work at Draft. Everything was well organized, efficient, and helpful. This was the best interview experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• If you were (insert product), how/where would you advertise yourself?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Initially applied through the career center at my school and received an in-person, on campus interview with a non-HR employee. Interview was only 15 minutes and was basically just a personality fit. I was told I would be contacted by the recruiter at the conclusion of the interview, which meant I had moved to the next round. Then I talked over the phone with the recruiter about a week later and this was another personality fit along with a basic phone interview. After a month or so I was notified that I had been chosen to participate in a final-round interview in their Chicago office. The interview consisted of a 5 minute "interactive resume" presentation, and 5 45-minute interviews. About a month later I was notified they were not going to make me an offer.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

She was rude and looked down upon me even though iwas obviously smarter and more prepared than she thought i was. Her questions were simple: what's your favorite adds? Why DraftFCB? Why the school you go to? etc... Since I attend an IV, her questions were as though I was pretentious and couldn't answer the simple questions she told me about like Tell me about a time when...