FCB

FCB Copywriter Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at FCB

Interview Details – Interview process wasn't terribly difficult. Although communication was at times lacking. But that doesn't seem to be anything new in the ad world. Could go weeks without contact with their creative recruiters...then suddenly interviewing...only to go weeks again with no contact or impression of a final outcome. Inside the building, everyone I met with was nice. Did the usual interview process of thirty minutes with this person and thirty minutes with that. Did find it interesting that I seemed to interview with several people who obviously weren't looking to hire. I believe I talked to eight people in one day. Maybe three of them were into the actual interview, the rest were simply going through the motions.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. They usual taking CD's through your work, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time, they weren't much for negotiating. It was basically a take it or leave it offer. If you don't want it, we'll find someone else.

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FCB in September 2008.

Interview Details – I was fortunate on this one because I knew a number of people there. At the time I felt like the HR folks were great. I don't think those particular folks are still there though ....
It's a pretty typical BIG shop. All the typical goods and bads. Some seriously pretentious CDs, and some pretty cool ones.

Interview Question – I do remember being somewhat put on the spot by one CD. He seemed really eager to appear super cutting edge. And started talking about music, which is fine. However he seemed intent on "stumping" me on the latest latest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't take the first offer. Unless it's higher than your wildest dreams.

Copywriter

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at FCB in March 2012.

Interview Details – DraftFCB was filled with down to earth people. The atmosphere is laid back and people are friendly enough. The interviewer was from HR and was very informative and helpful.

Interview Question – What excites you about DraftFCB   Answer Question

Worked for FCB? Contribute to the Community!