FCB Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and was notified about a week or two later that I had an interview. I had about a week to prepare for it. Finally, when I went in, it was 1:1. Questions were delivered very quickly, one after another, they wasted no time, they expected you to know the answers. definitely kept you on your toes.

Client Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Several hours after submitting an online resume, I was contacted by HR to setup a skype, in-person, or phone interview (my choice). I choose to meet in person. The entire interview was a conversation and I was not questioned very much. If anything, they were interested in getting to know my personality.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FCB.

Interview

I met with my future boss and my future boss' boss. The three of us sat in a room together. I was nervous that it might feel like an inquisition, but the interview was surprisingly relaxed. I also took a test. I wasn't interviewed by anyone else.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Early on, I gave the recruiter a salary range. I was given an offer in the middle of the range, and I accepted.

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FCB.

Interview

There was one skype interview that lasted 30-45 minutes after scheduling it with a campus recruiter. The interview was pretty standard of advertising- where you have to form opinions on current campaigns in addition to standard interviewing questions- strengths, weaknesses, etc. Get ready to talk about your school and what marketing/ad experience you have on campus!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite ad campaign? Best ad? Worst ad? Why our company?   Answer Question

Digital Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FCB.

Interview

I didn't need to take the phone interview as director of production was impressed by my profile. I had 1 in-person interview and it was pretty straight forward. There was a huge need to fill producer roles so I was fortunate.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a project you've managed   1 Answer

Social Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FCB.

Interview

very easy going, normal questions. asked about my favorite and least favorite social media campaign. interviewer was not very personable, seemed like he wanted to just get the interview done with.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First round is an interview with a current analyst from the hiring team; the next round is with an HR. Each interview is one-to-one, taking like 20 to 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you convince your client of an idea they initially didn't accept.   Answer Question

Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FCB.

Interview

still in the process. has taken several months and effort of contact. Informational interview, then to a phone interview, and next onto an in person interview. All interviews are a good experience if nothing but to learn.

Interview Questions

• if you were to advertise your "this" how would you go about making your campaign?   Answer Question

Strategic Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FCB.

Interview

Very long, not much communication between interviews, but ultimately successful. The hardest part was the first interviews and their required presentation. Most of the interview seemed more geared at figuring out if I was a decent cultural fit and wasn't clinically retarded.

Interview Questions

• If you were on deserted island with anyone in the world, who would it be?   1 Answer
    • What's the best and worst ad campaign of all time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They gave me an offer and said take it or leave it...I took it.

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FCB.

Interview

Two Skype interviews. One with HR and one with an Account Manager. The HR person for new hires now is extremely friendly and easy to talk to. Spent a lot of time talking about personal interests.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my interest section of my resume. 70% culture based so highly recommend having this section on resume   Answer Question