FCB Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 1, 2014
61 interviews

2.8

Account Services Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at FCB in March 2012.

Initial email a week later, asked to set up a phone interview. Person was very nice and super sweet. From phone interview to in person interview at their office and met with two account managers. Was told I would hear back within the next week, and received an email saying they went with someone else, but to try again if another position opens up.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favourite campaign going on right now and why.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at FCB in October 2013.

Met them at a career fair, then was called back for an interview the next day with 2 HR representatives

Account Services Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at FCB in October 2009.

Was very difficult to maintain contact with HR despite their interest in speaking with me. Nearly a month passed between first contact and initial interview. Was kept waiting for 45 minutes past scheduled start time and interviewer could not answer basic questions about company - current hot accounts, team culture, future development. Very disappointed.

Associate Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at FCB in April 2010.

The time between my resume submission and the call was about a month. From there I had an in person interview. The interviewer was very kind and informative. It was difficult and I felt she was very honest about the job. Admitting it would be a lot of work and long hours. The pay was not great for the hours and level of stress.

Interview Questions
    • What are three words you would you to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at FCB in February 2012.

The interview was conducted via skype, which was very uncomfortable. The lighting in the person's office who conducted the interview was awkward, making it hard to see their face and interact with them. For this reason, a phone interview would have been better because I wouldn't have been intuitively relying on non-verbal ques as expected with skype. The interviewer also wasn't particularly friendly or interested in interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an advertiser that you think has effective media implementation   Answer Question

Assistant Director Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FCB in December 2010.

I was all set to be set up by the recruiter to interview for this position but at the last minute it was cancelled. A week or two later, they wanted to see me again. My recruiter arranged for me to call the Draftfcb HR person at lunchtime but she called me at my office, at the wrong time. I work in an open office space. I reminded her that I was supposed to call her at lunchtime. When I called at lunch time, she never answered. I left a message and never heard back from her.
    I was told they were no longer interested.
    That was weird.

Interview Questions
    • Never got to that point. But got enough to have a negative opinion.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at FCB in August 2008.

Very organized. 4-30 minute interviews. All with key people on the account. Quick follow up.
    Traditional advertising questions. Mostly about the experience I have. Very good process.

Interview Questions
    I think I could have negotiated more on things outside of money, but I was very satisfied with the offer and didn't need to.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at FCB.

Had an informational/behavioral interview during the winter, was told I would be notified in a few months if I had moved on for final interview. 5 45 minute interviews and a 5 minute interactive resume presentation. Was offered a full-time position a week later.

Interview Questions
    Pay, benefits, etc non-negotiable.

Senior Retoucher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 6 months - interviewed at FCB in June 2008.

Temp-to-perm. Started as a freelancer, worked successfully for several months and was hired full-time.

The salary offered was acceptable.

INETRN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at FCB in April 2012.

the interview was good as it was phone interview. the initial communication with the company was through emails with the HR head. he took the phone interview and then selected as an intern for social media marketing like facebook, twitter marketing. just be yourself as the interview is very easy to crack it.

Interview Questions

Worked for FCB? Contribute to the Community!