FCB

Relevance Date Difficulty

Proofreader Interview

Proofreader
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at FCB in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was initially hired on through a temporary services agency (have always been freelance).

Negotiation Details – N/A

Senior Business Strategist Interview

Senior Business Strategist
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FCB in October 2010.

Interview Details – Meet with HR first, and then with future supervisor and three other members of the team.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at FCB in January 2009.

Interview Details – Friend of a friend notified me of the position. I interviewed with 4 people.

Interview Question – What's the most difficult client conversation you have ever had? How did you manage it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was called immediately after the final interview to say I had an offer. I went in asking for a certain number and it was met. Excitement all around.

Account Management Intern Interview

Account Management Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FCB in March 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted resume directly to HR contact on LinkedIn. Was reached out to a few weeks later. Had a 30 minute interview via Skype and was told decision a few weeks later.

Interview Question – Tell me when you knew you wanted to go into advertising.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Just a flat rate for all interns.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Assistant Media Planner
Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FCB in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted via skype, which was very uncomfortable. The lighting in the person's office who conducted the interview was awkward, making it hard to see their face and interact with them. For this reason, a phone interview would have been better because I wouldn't have been intuitively relying on non-verbal ques as expected with skype. The interviewer also wasn't particularly friendly or interested in interviewing me.

Interview Question – Describe an advertiser that you think has effective media implementation   Answer Question

SEO Manager Interview

SEO Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FCB.

Interview Details – Hiring process for this position was actually a promotion. I reached out in an effort to build an SEO offering for Draftfcb in Chicago.

I was met with general enthusiasm, but was essentially put to a trial by fire. My first task, pre-promotion was to run a SERM campaign for the company. When success metrics were being met, and all top brass were satisfied, they gave me the job.

Interview Question – In this case, there weren't any tough or unexpected questions. Though, the toughest bit about this process was keeping very high-level executives informed and educated on what the processes, timeframes, and expected outcomes were to be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple- I accepted the promotion in a meeting setup with my original and new supervisor. The raise was fairly substantial.

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor

Interviewed at FCB

Interview Details – Lots of attitude here. More flash than substance.

Interview Question – None were particularly difficult, just odd.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Terrible culture

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FCB in September 2008.

Interview Details – I was fortunate on this one because I knew a number of people there. At the time I felt like the HR folks were great. I don't think those particular folks are still there though ....
It's a pretty typical BIG shop. All the typical goods and bads. Some seriously pretentious CDs, and some pretty cool ones.

Interview Question – I do remember being somewhat put on the spot by one CD. He seemed really eager to appear super cutting edge. And started talking about music, which is fine. However he seemed intent on "stumping" me on the latest latest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't take the first offer. Unless it's higher than your wildest dreams.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at FCB in June 2012.

Interview Details – Had three interviews total: 1) HR, 2) direct manager, 3) previously financial analyst in the position, 4) department manager/controller. The entire interview process took a week, but everything was obviously unplanned and rushed to fill in the spot. Interviews took place in rooms where an appointment had obviously not been booked (other employees were having meetings etc.), everybody in the department had gotten a promotion because others in the finance department had either left the company, or had been let go. Managers were obviously unexperienced in their role, and came across as very unprofessional in terms of preparation as well as the interviewing presentation/process. The previous finance analyst had gotten a promotion, and came across very rude and was borderline demeaning and hostile; questions about my skillset that I answered confidently were met with "Are you sure? Do you really know how to do X and Y?" Withdrew my application immediately after.

Interview Question – None. No preparation went into the interview process, all generic interview questions   Answer Question

Senior Retoucher Interview

Senior Retoucher
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at FCB in June 2008.

Interview Details – Temp-to-perm. Started as a freelancer, worked successfully for several months and was hired full-time.

Negotiation Details – The salary offered was acceptable.