FCB Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FCB in July 2011.

It was a great experience. I spoke directly to my would-be director and didn't have to go through 5 or 6 other people. I had multiple phone snafu's (dead battery dropped call) and he was patient and attentive throughout. Great experience - would have loved to work for that guy.

Junior Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FCB in May 2011.

DraftFCB talked about their agency pretty honestly -- it is a huge place, and they are trying to change things. At the same time, they made it sound like juniors have a lot of responsibility, but they don't.

Interview Questions

The agency is just way too big, and I don't like Chicago weather.

Account Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FCB in March 2011.

Submitted resume directly to HR contact on LinkedIn. Was reached out to a few weeks later. Had a 30 minute interview via Skype and was told decision a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when you knew you wanted to go into advertising.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. Just a flat rate for all interns.

Assistant Director Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FCB in December 2010.

I was all set to be set up by the recruiter to interview for this position but at the last minute it was cancelled. A week or two later, they wanted to see me again. My recruiter arranged for me to call the Draftfcb HR person at lunchtime but she called me at my office, at the wrong time. I work in an open office space. I reminded her that I was supposed to call her at lunchtime. When I called at lunch time, she never answered. I left a message and never heard back from her.
    I was told they were no longer interested.
    That was weird.

Interview Questions
    • Never got to that point. But got enough to have a negative opinion.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at FCB in November 2010.

Skype interview.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FCB in October 2010.

Very organized human resources department. Consistently followed up with my inquiries. Interview process consisted of initial first round interview with HR, another HR interview, and interviews with members of the team.

Interview Questions
    • When have you seen an advertisement that you think would be better suited in a another medium?   Answer Question

Senior Business Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FCB in October 2010.

Meet with HR first, and then with future supervisor and three other members of the team.

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

A recruiter reached out to me and the interview was set up rather quickly. I met with the group director and we clicked immediately. I did not meet with anyone else, as he thought he was enough. I was given an offer within the week and I accepted within a week after that.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FCB in September 2010.

Received initial phone screen followed by an actual interview with HR and another manager. The office upon entering is absolutely stunning with a small cafe located in the reception area. While waiting you are able to observe employees ordering coffee and hear casual conversations. With the positioning of the cafe in the reception area you are given the opportunity to see first hand the culture of the office. I felt the people were very down to earth, pleasant and overall very happy which could be perceived as a positive effect of their work environment; they seem to like their jobs.

Second round of interviews were with those I would actually be working with and both meetings were great and consistent with my observations that everyone seems to enjoy their work. Overall I had a very positive experience and if given the opportunity I'd work for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you good for this position over other candidates?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FCB in September 2010.

Phone interview, in person hr interview, in person interview with the department.

They came forward with a firm offer.