FCB Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

2.9

Account Supervisor Interview

Interview

Lots of attitude here. More flash than substance.

Terrible culture

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FCB in October 2012.

Interview

There are lots of interviews, up to 8 different team members. May seem overwhelming, but they are checking to see the fit with the team because that's often the #1 factor. Lots of problem-solving type questions are asked, but all looking for the process used to solve rather than the answer itself.

Interview Questions

• If your family owned a ping pong ball manufacturing facility and ping pong became illegal suddenly, how would you adjust your strategy to save your family from going broke?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, but I expect it was because I was entry level.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Had a phone screening with the in-house recruiter then went in to meet with them. Met with the dept head and met people in the dept. Finished off with a casual and pleasant interview with recruiter and received an offer a short time later, about a day or so.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FCB (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Had three interviews total: 1) HR, 2) direct manager, 3) previously financial analyst in the position, 4) department manager/controller. The entire interview process took a week, but everything was obviously unplanned and rushed to fill in the spot. Interviews took place in rooms where an appointment had obviously not been booked (other employees were having meetings etc.), everybody in the department had gotten a promotion because others in the finance department had either left the company, or had been let go. Managers were obviously unexperienced in their role, and came across as very unprofessional in terms of preparation as well as the interviewing presentation/process. The previous finance analyst had gotten a promotion, and came across very rude and was borderline demeaning and hostile; questions about my skillset that I answered confidently were met with "Are you sure? Do you really know how to do X and Y?" Withdrew my application immediately after.

Interview Questions

• None. No preparation went into the interview process, all generic interview questions   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I was really excited when I was called in for a brief interview with Draftfcb. I was told by friends who work for the company that this was the first step to being passed to the hiring manager. I talked with them about the position, researched the company, and felt confident.

I showed up, and went to the security desk two minutes before the scheduled time of the interview (hate being too early so you inconvenience them, but factored in elevator time.)

I was sent to one floor, where I waited several minutes. The interviewer came and brought me to her office on a different floor (elevator again) - no idea why she couldn't have just me outside the elevator on her own floor.

The reason I am nitpicking the time is because it was more than 10 minutes after our scheduled start time when we settled in, and she said "Now we only have 20 minutes." (It was supposed to be a half hour interview). But she took almost 10 minutes to get me from the floor she sent me to! If she had just met me at the elevator on her floor, we'd have started right on time.

She asked me some easy questions and it was clear she wasn't a subject matter expert regarding the area of expertise we were talking about. Hard to share wins with her when she clearly didn't understand it. That's fine but it makes it hard.

At the end of the interview, she informed me that they had made an offer to someone else a couple days prior for this position but were waiting to hear back. I guess I was backup, but I didn't appreciate my time being wasted like that. She also said she'd follow up within one week and it's been two.

It really soured me on a company that had previously been at the top of my list.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FCB (Madison, WI) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted via skype, which was very uncomfortable. The lighting in the person's office who conducted the interview was awkward, making it hard to see their face and interact with them. For this reason, a phone interview would have been better because I wouldn't have been intuitively relying on non-verbal ques as expected with skype. The interviewer also wasn't particularly friendly or interested in interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Describe an advertiser that you think has effective media implementation   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Had my first contact with HR in Oct. of 2011, had two phone interviews (25 minutes each) answering questions about my interest in media planning, advertising, and my past work experiences. The HR reprs were extremely nice and the questions were pretty straight forward. Then, I was flown to Chicago to interview with various employees in person. The hotel was absolutely beautiful and I received a phone call from an HR rep and a current employee the night before to answer any last minute questions. The final round consisted of 5-7 interviews with different meda employees throughout the agency. You have to take a 30 min media test in the morning (which is pretty straight forward) and you have lunch with a current employee (someone who's entry level) to have a casual conversation about what it is like to work at Draft. Everything was well organized, efficient, and helpful. This was the best interview experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• If you were (insert product), how/where would you advertise yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Initially applied through the career center at my school and received an in-person, on campus interview with a non-HR employee. Interview was only 15 minutes and was basically just a personality fit. I was told I would be contacted by the recruiter at the conclusion of the interview, which meant I had moved to the next round. Then I talked over the phone with the recruiter about a week later and this was another personality fit along with a basic phone interview. After a month or so I was notified that I had been chosen to participate in a final-round interview in their Chicago office. The interview consisted of a 5 minute "interactive resume" presentation, and 5 45-minute interviews. About a month later I was notified they were not going to make me an offer.

Analyst, Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FCB (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

First, I was contacted on the phone by a member of the HR department. After asking me about my experience, they scheduled me to come in for an interview the next week.

On the interview, I met with 4 members of the analytics team.

The next week, I met with one of the VP's.

The next day they made me an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was non-negotiable however it was above what I had expected to receive.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

She was rude and looked down upon me even though iwas obviously smarter and more prepared than she thought i was. Her questions were simple: what's your favorite adds? Why DraftFCB? Why the school you go to? etc... Since I attend an IV, her questions were as though I was pretentious and couldn't answer the simple questions she told me about like Tell me about a time when...