FCB

Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.8

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FCB in October 2010.

A recruiter reached out to me and the interview was set up rather quickly. I met with the group director and we clicked immediately. I did not meet with anyone else, as he thought he was enough. I was given an offer within the week and I accepted within a week after that.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FCB in September 2010.

Received initial phone screen followed by an actual interview with HR and another manager. The office upon entering is absolutely stunning with a small cafe located in the reception area. While waiting you are able to observe employees ordering coffee and hear casual conversations. With the positioning of the cafe in the reception area you are given the opportunity to see first hand the culture of the office. I felt the people were very down to earth, pleasant and overall very happy which could be perceived as a positive effect of their work environment; they seem to like their jobs.

Second round of interviews were with those I would actually be working with and both meetings were great and consistent with my observations that everyone seems to enjoy their work. Overall I had a very positive experience and if given the opportunity I'd work for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you good for this position over other candidates?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FCB in September 2010.

Phone interview, in person hr interview, in person interview with the department.

They came forward with a firm offer.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FCB in July 2010.

It's a very organized process. Meeting invitations are sent out to confirm interview dates/times and names/titles of who you are meeting with.

I had previously had a phone screening with HR, so I came on-site to meet members of the team. One was with a Management Supervisor, then my next interview was with the VP Account Director and another MS. Interviews went into depth about past experiences to gauge if you would be a right fit for the open position.

Office space was definitely overcrowded, you had multiple people in offices. The space is your typical agency environment, but nothing special or cool about it.

The people are definitely very friendly and nice.

Interview Questions
    • What client challenges have you faced and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

They offered the same title and pay as what I was currently making. Not typical of an agency to do that from my past experiences.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FCB in May 2010.

Interviewers were interesting and courteous. But they never got back to me with an offer OR a note letting me know they had hired someone else.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FCB in February 2010.

I got in touch with the company through a friend and got an informational interview with the HR person. We scheduled the interview a couple of times but the HR had to cancel both times. Finally we were able to connect and had a 25 minutes information interview that was really easy. I was immdediately called in for a CI test. Everyone in the company takes it. The test was ok ,not too easy not too hard. They try to test your powerpoint and analytical skills. They said they would call to discuss the test, whatever the outcome but after the test, no one ever got in touch. I called a couple of times and sent a few emails but nothing worked.
    I'm not sure what happened. The HR kept forgeting to get in touch since the onset, so I have to say I was not surprised!

Client Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FCB in February 2010.

Applied on Monster, got a phone call within a week, they wanted me to come in to their office. No phone interview, just 1:1. Questions were pretty basic, tell me about a time you had a problem with a group, 3 words to describe yourself, etc. Very laid back. Waiting to hear back about if I made it to the next round in which I will meet with the team.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at FCB in December 2009.

Did resume drop and was contacted for a in person interview. Interview questions were fairly standard..."tell me about yourself.." etc. Asked a lot of specific questions about why I was interested in advertising and why I wanted to work at draft specifically. Also asked biggest weakness etc. Was first interview so was unprepared but not too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Name a recent academic study you have read, why did it interest you?   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at FCB in November 2009.

Did on-campus recruiting. It started out with a behavioral interview conducted by an entry-level member of the company. Then they selected among these people for a second interview with the recruiting coordinator. It was pretty low key-- they seemed enthusiastic about the company and about what they did. Asked your basic marketing questions: what's your favorite brand, how would you market product X, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What brand do you think is doing really well out there right now?   View Answer
    They're pretty open to negotiations, but the salary level is fixed for interns.

Account Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at FCB in October 2009.

Was very difficult to maintain contact with HR despite their interest in speaking with me. Nearly a month passed between first contact and initial interview. Was kept waiting for 45 minutes past scheduled start time and interviewer could not answer basic questions about company - current hot accounts, team culture, future development. Very disappointed.