FCB Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, in person hr interview, in person interview with the department.

Negotiation

They came forward with a firm offer.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FCB (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

It's a very organized process. Meeting invitations are sent out to confirm interview dates/times and names/titles of who you are meeting with.

I had previously had a phone screening with HR, so I came on-site to meet members of the team. One was with a Management Supervisor, then my next interview was with the VP Account Director and another MS. Interviews went into depth about past experiences to gauge if you would be a right fit for the open position.

Office space was definitely overcrowded, you had multiple people in offices. The space is your typical agency environment, but nothing special or cool about it.

The people are definitely very friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• What client challenges have you faced and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

They offered the same title and pay as what I was currently making. Not typical of an agency to do that from my past experiences.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FCB (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewers were interesting and courteous. But they never got back to me with an offer OR a note letting me know they had hired someone else.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

I got in touch with the company through a friend and got an informational interview with the HR person. We scheduled the interview a couple of times but the HR had to cancel both times. Finally we were able to connect and had a 25 minutes information interview that was really easy. I was immdediately called in for a CI test. Everyone in the company takes it. The test was ok ,not too easy not too hard. They try to test your powerpoint and analytical skills. They said they would call to discuss the test, whatever the outcome but after the test, no one ever got in touch. I called a couple of times and sent a few emails but nothing worked.
    I'm not sure what happened. The HR kept forgeting to get in touch since the onset, so I have to say I was not surprised!

Client Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied on Monster, got a phone call within a week, they wanted me to come in to their office. No phone interview, just 1:1. Questions were pretty basic, tell me about a time you had a problem with a group, 3 words to describe yourself, etc. Very laid back. Waiting to hear back about if I made it to the next round in which I will meet with the team.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

Did resume drop and was contacted for a in person interview. Interview questions were fairly standard..."tell me about yourself.." etc. Asked a lot of specific questions about why I was interested in advertising and why I wanted to work at draft specifically. Also asked biggest weakness etc. Was first interview so was unprepared but not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Name a recent academic study you have read, why did it interest you?   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in November 2009.

Interview

Did on-campus recruiting. It started out with a behavioral interview conducted by an entry-level member of the company. Then they selected among these people for a second interview with the recruiting coordinator. It was pretty low key-- they seemed enthusiastic about the company and about what they did. Asked your basic marketing questions: what's your favorite brand, how would you market product X, etc.

Interview Questions

• What brand do you think is doing really well out there right now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They're pretty open to negotiations, but the salary level is fixed for interns.

Account Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

Was very difficult to maintain contact with HR despite their interest in speaking with me. Nearly a month passed between first contact and initial interview. Was kept waiting for 45 minutes past scheduled start time and interviewer could not answer basic questions about company - current hot accounts, team culture, future development. Very disappointed.

AAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at FCB (Chicago, IL) in September 2009.

Interview

I was hired by their on-campus recruiting, which began in September, were flown to the office in January, and not given official letters with offers until June. I started almost a year after my first interview, and this was their standard process.

The on-site interview was 7 half-hour interviews with mid to upper management. They have questions with standard themes like "tell me a time when you were challenged..". The standard stuff. It's exhausting, if nothing else.

After the unofficial offer, they were holding out on giving official offers because the CFO wouldn't approve the budget, but they "promised" there should be jobs. It's a mess in HR... at best.

Interview Questions

• Why should I care about you compared to the rest of the candidates?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation is allowed for entry level hires that year.

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at FCB (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

I was initially hired on through a temporary services agency (have always been freelance).

Negotiation

N/A