FCB Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at FCB in December 2009.

Did resume drop and was contacted for a in person interview. Interview questions were fairly standard..."tell me about yourself.." etc. Asked a lot of specific questions about why I was interested in advertising and why I wanted to work at draft specifically. Also asked biggest weakness etc. Was first interview so was unprepared but not too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Name a recent academic study you have read, why did it interest you?   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at FCB in November 2009.

Did on-campus recruiting. It started out with a behavioral interview conducted by an entry-level member of the company. Then they selected among these people for a second interview with the recruiting coordinator. It was pretty low key-- they seemed enthusiastic about the company and about what they did. Asked your basic marketing questions: what's your favorite brand, how would you market product X, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What brand do you think is doing really well out there right now?   View Answer
    They're pretty open to negotiations, but the salary level is fixed for interns.

Account Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at FCB in October 2009.

Was very difficult to maintain contact with HR despite their interest in speaking with me. Nearly a month passed between first contact and initial interview. Was kept waiting for 45 minutes past scheduled start time and interviewer could not answer basic questions about company - current hot accounts, team culture, future development. Very disappointed.

AAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at FCB in September 2009.

I was hired by their on-campus recruiting, which began in September, were flown to the office in January, and not given official letters with offers until June. I started almost a year after my first interview, and this was their standard process.

The on-site interview was 7 half-hour interviews with mid to upper management. They have questions with standard themes like "tell me a time when you were challenged..". The standard stuff. It's exhausting, if nothing else.

After the unofficial offer, they were holding out on giving official offers because the CFO wouldn't approve the budget, but they "promised" there should be jobs. It's a mess in HR... at best.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I care about you compared to the rest of the candidates?   Answer Question
    No negotiation is allowed for entry level hires that year.

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at FCB in April 2009.

I was initially hired on through a temporary services agency (have always been freelance).

N/A

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FCB in January 2009.

Had eight 1 on 1 interviews. Two interviews the first day. 6 interviews about 6 weeks later. Interviewers ranged from entry level to middle management. Within media and in Human Resources. Corporate culture seemed a little quirky and somewhat laid back. No suits. Had to take a math test. Wasn't too bad. Just basic algebra and media math.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FCB in January 2009.

Friend of a friend notified me of the position. I interviewed with 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most difficult client conversation you have ever had? How did you manage it?   Answer Question
    I was called immediately after the final interview to say I had an offer. I went in asking for a certain number and it was met. Excitement all around.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FCB in December 2008.

The hiring process took a long time, mainly because it was hard to work around everybody's calendar. The interview sessions, themselves, were all pretty low key and enjoyable. Working with the HR department was the one sour spot in the process; they were very unreliable with the offer letter and follow-up paperwork, putting a damper on an otherwise smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have dealing with high-maintenance/difficult clients?   Answer Question
    There wasn't a lot of room to negotiate, but I did get about $2k added to the offer.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FCB in September 2008.

I was fortunate on this one because I knew a number of people there. At the time I felt like the HR folks were great. I don't think those particular folks are still there though ....
    It's a pretty typical BIG shop. All the typical goods and bads. Some seriously pretentious CDs, and some pretty cool ones.

Interview Questions
    • I do remember being somewhat put on the spot by one CD. He seemed really eager to appear super cutting edge. And started talking about music, which is fine. However he seemed intent on "stumping" me on the latest latest.   Answer Question
    Don't take the first offer. Unless it's higher than your wildest dreams.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at FCB in August 2008.

I was impressed by FCB's office, but soon the experience left a bad taste in my mouth after 4 interviews and no final response after 3 follow-up phone calls. They completely blew me off and I lost interest in working for them.