FCB Marketing Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at FCB in February 2012.

I was really excited when I was called in for a brief interview with Draftfcb. I was told by friends who work for the company that this was the first step to being passed to the hiring manager. I talked with them about the position, researched the company, and felt confident.

I showed up, and went to the security desk two minutes before the scheduled time of the interview (hate being too early so you inconvenience them, but factored in elevator time.)

I was sent to one floor, where I waited several minutes. The interviewer came and brought me to her office on a different floor (elevator again) - no idea why she couldn't have just me outside the elevator on her own floor.

The reason I am nitpicking the time is because it was more than 10 minutes after our scheduled start time when we settled in, and she said "Now we only have 20 minutes." (It was supposed to be a half hour interview). But she took almost 10 minutes to get me from the floor she sent me to! If she had just met me at the elevator on her floor, we'd have started right on time.

She asked me some easy questions and it was clear she wasn't a subject matter expert regarding the area of expertise we were talking about. Hard to share wins with her when she clearly didn't understand it. That's fine but it makes it hard.

At the end of the interview, she informed me that they had made an offer to someone else a couple days prior for this position but were waiting to hear back. I guess I was backup, but I didn't appreciate my time being wasted like that. She also said she'd follow up within one week and it's been two.

It really soured me on a company that had previously been at the top of my list.

Interview Questions

Worked for FCB? Contribute to the Community!