FCB

Relevance Date Difficulty

Media Planner Interview

Media Planner
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FCB in October 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiter reached out to me and the interview was set up rather quickly. I met with the group director and we clicked immediately. I did not meet with anyone else, as he thought he was enough. I was given an offer within the week and I accepted within a week after that.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question   Answer Question

Proofreader Interview

Proofreader
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at FCB in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was initially hired on through a temporary services agency (have always been freelance).

Negotiation Details – N/A

Senior Business Strategist Interview

Senior Business Strategist
New York, NY

Interview Details – Meet with HR first, and then with future supervisor and three other members of the team.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at FCB in January 2009.

Interview Details – Friend of a friend notified me of the position. I interviewed with 4 people.

Interview Question – What's the most difficult client conversation you have ever had? How did you manage it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was called immediately after the final interview to say I had an offer. I went in asking for a certain number and it was met. Excitement all around.

Senior Retoucher Interview

Senior Retoucher
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at FCB in June 2008.

Interview Details – Temp-to-perm. Started as a freelancer, worked successfully for several months and was hired full-time.

Negotiation Details – The salary offered was acceptable.

Very Easy Interview

Analyst, Analytics Interview

Analyst, Analytics
New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FCB in November 2011.

Interview Details – First, I was contacted on the phone by a member of the HR department. After asking me about my experience, they scheduled me to come in for an interview the next week.

On the interview, I met with 4 members of the analytics team.

The next week, I met with one of the VP's.

The next day they made me an offer and I accepted.

Interview Question – Name a time when you used statistics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was non-negotiable however it was above what I had expected to receive.

Assistant Director Corporate Communications Interview

Assistant Director Corporate Communications
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FCB in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was all set to be set up by the recruiter to interview for this position but at the last minute it was cancelled. A week or two later, they wanted to see me again. My recruiter arranged for me to call the Draftfcb HR person at lunchtime but she called me at my office, at the wrong time. I work in an open office space. I reminded her that I was supposed to call her at lunchtime. When I called at lunch time, she never answered. I left a message and never heard back from her.
I was told they were no longer interested.
That was weird.

Interview Question – Never got to that point. But got enough to have a negative opinion.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at FCB in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was impressed by FCB's office, but soon the experience left a bad taste in my mouth after 4 interviews and no final response after 3 follow-up phone calls. They completely blew me off and I lost interest in working for them.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FCB in September 2010.

Interview Details – Received initial phone screen followed by an actual interview with HR and another manager. The office upon entering is absolutely stunning with a small cafe located in the reception area. While waiting you are able to observe employees ordering coffee and hear casual conversations. With the positioning of the cafe in the reception area you are given the opportunity to see first hand the culture of the office. I felt the people were very down to earth, pleasant and overall very happy which could be perceived as a positive effect of their work environment; they seem to like their jobs.

Second round of interviews were with those I would actually be working with and both meetings were great and consistent with my observations that everyone seems to enjoy their work. Overall I had a very positive experience and if given the opportunity I'd work for this company.

Interview Question – Why are you good for this position over other candidates?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FCB in December 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring process took a long time, mainly because it was hard to work around everybody's calendar. The interview sessions, themselves, were all pretty low key and enjoyable. Working with the HR department was the one sour spot in the process; they were very unreliable with the offer letter and follow-up paperwork, putting a damper on an otherwise smooth process.

Interview Question – What experience do you have dealing with high-maintenance/difficult clients?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a lot of room to negotiate, but I did get about $2k added to the offer.

Worked for FCB? Contribute to the Community!