FCB Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated May 26, 2015

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FCB (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Had three interviews total: 1) HR, 2) direct manager, 3) previously financial analyst in the position, 4) department manager/controller. The entire interview process took a week, but everything was obviously unplanned and rushed to fill in the spot. Interviews took place in rooms where an appointment had obviously not been booked (other employees were having meetings etc.), everybody in the department had gotten a promotion because others in the finance department had either left the company, or had been let go. Managers were obviously unexperienced in their role, and came across as very unprofessional in terms of preparation as well as the interviewing presentation/process. The previous finance analyst had gotten a promotion, and came across very rude and was borderline demeaning and hostile; questions about my skillset that I answered confidently were met with "Are you sure? Do you really know how to do X and Y?" Withdrew my application immediately after.

Interview Questions

• None. No preparation went into the interview process, all generic interview questions   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FCB (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

It was a great experience. I spoke directly to my would-be director and didn't have to go through 5 or 6 other people. I had multiple phone snafu's (dead battery dropped call) and he was patient and attentive throughout. Great experience - would have loved to work for that guy.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving New York?   1 Answer

Junior Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at FCB (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Spoke with the creative recruiter. Spoke to two ACDs. Spoke to the ECD. There was no second interview, but I started off as freelance on a trial period before getting hired full time about 3 months later. Timing was perfect because the economy tanked right after I took the job.

Interview Questions

• What type of advertising do you like?   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FCB (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

It's a very organized process. Meeting invitations are sent out to confirm interview dates/times and names/titles of who you are meeting with. I had previously had a phone screening with HR, so I came on-site to meet members of the team. One was with a Management Supervisor, then my next interview was with the VP Account Director and another MS. Interviews went into depth about past experiences to gauge if you would be a right fit for the open position. Office space was definitely overcrowded, you had multiple people in offices. The space is your typical agency environment, but nothing special or cool about it. The people are definitely very friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• What client challenges have you faced and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

They offered the same title and pay as what I was currently making. Not typical of an agency to do that from my past experiences.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FCB (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewers were interesting and courteous. But they never got back to me with an offer OR a note letting me know they had hired someone else.

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FCB (South San Francisco, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

met with various media people in the department and everyone was friendly. seemed more like they knew that i could do the work and they wanted to see if i was a cultural fit

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do on the weekends?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they do not neogtiate, they are very old school about being "fair" with pay which is archaic.