FDA Consumer Safety Officer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through USA Jobs in December with offer to interview in April. Telephone interview with Regional Supervisory Consumer Safety Officer and 2 other supervisory CSO's in the district. Read description of CSO and FDA's role which took about 5 minutes and asked you to repeat back. Each took turns asking questions that are standardized, scripted questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Weaknesses? Describe a time you encountered a hostile situation and what did you do? What do you know about FDA?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FDA

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDA (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted to come in the same or following week to interview in front of a panel. The interview was scripted with the addition of questions that pertained directly to the position and several behavioral questions. Some questions follow point by point of job description to see if I am willing to commit to each point of the job description. They told me HR would contact me, but I never received any followup.

Interview Questions

• Am I ok with enduring extreme heat or cold.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Lenexa, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an invitation for an interview in person or via teleconference on March 12. Since I was unable to meet in person I elected to have the interview via teleconference on March 17th. I then received a web link for the teleconference, a phone number, and an interview time. Once the interview commenced, I was introduced to 2 supervisors and the deputy investigations branch director as my interview panel. The interview was roughly 1.5 hours with that included some technical difficulties adding to the extended length. There were broad questions ranging from my knowledge of FDA, and specific questions in which I was asked to address situations in which I dealt with conflict.

Interview Questions

• There were several questions that addressed the job description's extensive requirement for flexibility and traveling. I was specially asked about being comfortable with the mobility agreement that is required for the position.   1 Answer

Unfortunately, I was unable to relocate my family to Kansas City so I had to decline the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer read over the Job description with me. It was a panel of 6 senior level staff, 2 persons inside the room while and 4 persons tele- web conference.

Interview Questions

• Very rigorous pertains to job specific. Know FDA regulation, quite a few auditing skills   1 Answer

Consumer Safety Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at FDA in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted application on USAJOBS in January 2015. Phone interview with 2 Supervisory CSOs in March 2015. Tentative Offer made shortly there after also in March 2015. Final offer made in May 2015 but security clearance process still not complete at this time.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the FDA and the position you've applied for? As others have said there were also a number of scripted behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Consumer Safety Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at FDA in October 2014.

Interview

Interview consisted of a panel of 4 to 5 supervisors on the phone. It was a national bid, so the supervisors all called in from different areas. It was probably one of the more difficult interviews I've had. Just remember to keep in mind what the qualifications are listed in the job bid. The questions are scripted and will be based upon the job bid. For example, "knowledge of FDA regulations" will translate to them asking you about the FD&C Act, questions on CFR 21, etc. There was a total of about 15 questions, and the process took roughly 1.5 hours. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• They read the particular job description to me. After reading it (took about 5 minutes), they asked if I understood it. I said yes, and then they followed up by asking me to relay back to them what they just said in as much detail as possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

2 hour interview with a panel of 3 Supervisory Consumer Safety Officers.

Interview Questions

• You answered all of our questions favorably, so now tell us why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

I met HR representative at my university's career fair. I was very positive and enthusiastic about my goal to work at the FDA. They asked me in for an interview. There were several other candidates also interviewing. Several weeks after the interview I was contacted by HR representative and job was offered.

Interview Questions

• standard questions, asked about experiences at previous employers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at FDA (Dallas, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Applied through a job fair initially and a phone call screening was conducted. Then an onsite interview was conducted at the FDA's local office with the direct hiring supervisor and overseeing director.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD) in July 2010.

Interview

phone screen , one on one and than panel interview

Interview Questions

• there was not anything expected. just make sure you have an idea about the regulatory process.   Answer Question