FDA

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FDA.

Interview Details – The process was relatively quick and fast. I called a couple scientists, expressed interest in their projects, and my resume was circulated around. After a week, I received a phone call for an on campus interview, and then a week later was told I received the job. I had an orientation after that, and proceeded in working the next wek.

Interview Question – A riddle was given.   Answer Question

Bethesda, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FDA in May 2011.

Interview Details – Asked about chemistry and biology classes taken, asked about my commitment to science and what the position would mean to be, asked some technical questions about biochemistry and organic chemistry which i couldn't answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just the expectations of your lab boss

Intern
White Oak, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FDA in November 2012.

Interview Details – E-mailed cover letter and resume after seeing a posting through my school, and a few months later received an e-mail that they would like to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about a hour long, and there was three different people on the phone. They were very friendly and nice, although the questions they asked were quite difficult. I e-mailed them the next day to say thank-you, and found out I had gotten the position in the reply e-mail.

Interview Question – What would you like to receive out of this internship?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at FDA.

Interview Details – I applied online after they posted on a carriers site through my school. I had a large amount of research experience and they were looking for a GPA of around 3.4 or higher. I had a phone interview with my most direct boss followed by an in person interview that included the other members of the lab I was to work in.
Following being offered the position I had a lot of paperwork and hoops to jump through to ensure my authenticity as well as get me in the system.

Interview Question – My position changes over time from full-time over the summer, to part time over the full duration of the school year. Finding the necessary 12 hours of useful work was difficult for a full time student but worth it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My salary (stipend) was based on how much past research experience I had (that's how the federal government does it everywhere in the US).

Silver Spring, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FDA in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was scheduled via email and phone. Finalized via phone interview. Talked about engineering classes, relation to project, material/mechanical properties. Very nice and courteous. Talk about your passions and why they relate to the project and you'll be fine. Salary was open for discussion. Lengthy governmental background check but well worth the effort due to pay.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at FDA

Worked for FDA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FDA Intern interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by FDA employees and interview candidates.