FDA

36 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Supervisory Human Resources Specialist Interview

Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FDA in June 2013.

Interview Details – Panel interview process - nice business like office space - 2 interviews required (one with the panel, then one with senior management)

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation as I was a current federal employee. I did speak to management about my schedule and teleworking prior to accepting the position

Consumer Safety Officer Interview

Consumer Safety Officer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FDA.

Interview Details – 2 hour interview with a panel of 3 Supervisory Consumer Safety Officers.

Interview Question – You answered all of our questions favorably, so now tell us why should we hire you?   View Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst
Rockville, MD

I applied through other source and interviewed at FDA.

Interview Details – I was hired in 1991 under unusual circumstances.
I submitted an application at a job fair. During open season, I got a call for an interview and was interviewed by my future supervisor and his supervisior. I was offered the job. I had to respond quickly because there was a short hiring window.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was young and didn't attempt to negotiate anything.

Very Easy Interview

Contract Specialist Interview

Silver Spring, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FDA in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was straightforward, no tricks, no mind games.

Negotiation Details – None. Its the GVT. Take it or leave it, at least at the entry level.

Regulatory Health Project Manager Interview

Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at FDA.

Interview Details – Phone interview was a cold call. It went well so I went in for a full interview in rock. Three parts to my interview. One with the fellow RHPMs, one with the scientists, one with management. The scientist interview was a little stressful, as they were asking harder questions about experience managing projects. Managment had one weird question about researching birds, had nothing to do with the job, very out there. I must have done ok. It was long, about 3 hours.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I attempted to negotiate to a higher step and they came back and offered me the higher grade!

CST Interview

I applied online and interviewed at FDA.

Interview Details – Long interview which made me change my mind about wanting to work there by the time it was over.

Interview Question – "What is the purpose of the FDA?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would try to get a higher offer if possible. This job is a lot of work.

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FDA.

Interview Details – The process was relatively quick and fast. I called a couple scientists, expressed interest in their projects, and my resume was circulated around. After a week, I received a phone call for an on campus interview, and then a week later was told I received the job. I had an orientation after that, and proceeded in working the next wek.

Interview Question – A riddle was given.   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Chemist
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at FDA.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two different groups for 2 hours. The first group questions were straight forward, but the second group asked very tense questions like define your weakness in this environment ... And so on.

Never heard back from them

Interview Question – They want to know your weakness and how you behave under stress   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Bethesda, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FDA in May 2011.

Interview Details – Asked about chemistry and biology classes taken, asked about my commitment to science and what the position would mean to be, asked some technical questions about biochemistry and organic chemistry which i couldn't answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just the expectations of your lab boss

Consumer Safety Officer Interview

Consumer Safety Officer
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source - interviewed at FDA in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through a job fair initially and a phone call screening was conducted. Then an onsite interview was conducted at the FDA's local office with the direct hiring supervisor and overseeing director.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you had to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FDA

Worked for FDA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FDA interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by FDA employees and interview candidates.