FDA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

Consumer Safety Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FDA.

2 hour interview with a panel of 3 Supervisory Consumer Safety Officers.

Interview Questions
    • You answered all of our questions favorably, so now tell us why should we hire you?   View Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through other source – interviewed at FDA.

I was hired in 1991 under unusual circumstances.
    I submitted an application at a job fair. During open season, I got a call for an interview and was interviewed by my future supervisor and his supervisior. I was offered the job. I had to respond quickly because there was a short hiring window.

Interview Questions
    I was young and didn't attempt to negotiate anything.

Regulatory Health Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at FDA.

Phone interview was a cold call. It went well so I went in for a full interview in rock. Three parts to my interview. One with the fellow RHPMs, one with the scientists, one with management. The scientist interview was a little stressful, as they were asking harder questions about experience managing projects. Managment had one weird question about researching birds, had nothing to do with the job, very out there. I must have done ok. It was long, about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    I attempted to negotiate to a higher step and they came back and offered me the higher grade!

Cst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FDA.

Long interview which made me change my mind about wanting to work there by the time it was over.

Interview Questions
    I would try to get a higher offer if possible. This job is a lot of work.

Supervisory Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FDA in June 2013.

Panel interview process - nice business like office space - 2 interviews required (one with the panel, then one with senior management)

Interview Questions
    No, negotiation as I was a current federal employee. I did speak to management about my schedule and teleworking prior to accepting the position

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FDA.

The process was relatively quick and fast. I called a couple scientists, expressed interest in their projects, and my resume was circulated around. After a week, I received a phone call for an on campus interview, and then a week later was told I received the job. I had an orientation after that, and proceeded in working the next wek.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at FDA.

I was interviewed by two different groups for 2 hours. The first group questions were straight forward, but the second group asked very tense questions like define your weakness in this environment ... And so on.

Never heard back from them

Interview Questions
    • They want to know your weakness and how you behave under stress   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FDA.

I applied online after they posted on a carriers site through my school. I had a large amount of research experience and they were looking for a GPA of around 3.4 or higher. I had a phone interview with my most direct boss followed by an in person interview that included the other members of the lab I was to work in.
    Following being offered the position I had a lot of paperwork and hoops to jump through to ensure my authenticity as well as get me in the system.

Interview Questions
    • My position changes over time from full-time over the summer, to part time over the full duration of the school year. Finding the necessary 12 hours of useful work was difficult for a full time student but worth it.   Answer Question
    My salary (stipend) was based on how much past research experience I had (that's how the federal government does it everywhere in the US).

Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at FDA.

Telephone interview in June, onsite interview in July.

Interview Questions
    • They were interested in some details of the projects mentioned in cv.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Oak, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Oak, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FDA in November 2012.

E-mailed cover letter and resume after seeing a posting through my school, and a few months later received an e-mail that they would like to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about a hour long, and there was three different people on the phone. They were very friendly and nice, although the questions they asked were quite difficult. I e-mailed them the next day to say thank-you, and found out I had gotten the position in the reply e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to receive out of this internship?   Answer Question