FDIC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014

R&R Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at FDIC.

One interview. A standard set of behavioral questions mostly about how you deal with managers and coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you disagreed with your supervisor and how you managed that process   Answer Question
    I countered and we agreed on a slightly higher amount than they originally offered.

Resolution and Receivership Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 8 months - interviewed at FDIC in January 2010.

Structured interview. 4 questions where you could ask the interviewer repeatedly to repeat the question. Broad questions where you give an example of a tough situation, explain how you resolved it, and the outcome. Typical structured questions by a large org created by a PHD consultant. Not even remotely tailored to the work I actually do.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were the garden variety questions that are professionally written by PHD consultants read by folks who have no clue what you actually do or who to hire. The people who interviewed me didn't even work in my department. Complete blind government boondoggle.   Answer Question
    Not really. structured salary.

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at FDIC in November 2011.

Flew to DC to speak with lead team. Sat at round table with 3 of their legal team leaders and they asked about 15 standard questions that are the typical bureaucratic style questions. They wouldn't really engage in questions after or elaborate on the questions they we're asking which we're very mechanical and strict.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you we're given responsibility for something and you failed   Answer Question

Student Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FDIC in March 2013.

Easy interview. Basic behavioral questions and assessment of fit. Nothing out of the ordinary.

NA

Senior Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FDIC in December 2012.

It is a structured interview

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation, need to present proof of old salary.

Financial Management Scholar Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FDIC.

Required to submit Letter of Rec, along with a somewhat lengthy online app. Basic things like resume and cv were also required. Phone interview was 4 basic questions almost felt like a standardized test. Got an offer the next day over the phone

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to show initiative? Please be specific.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, a lot of paperwork and background checks to go through though.

Technician Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FDIC.

Applied on USA Jobs. Contacted for interview two months after position was done being listed on USA Jobs. Four person team interview you. Details questions regarding position and how you handled various work place scenarios in the past.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at FDIC in October 2013.

I applied in August 2013 and got called for an interview in October. I was a panel with standard questions. It lasted less than 30 minutes and I never heard back. I requested feedback but never received it.

Financial Institution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at FDIC.

Applied online. After application and closing of announcement a month went by when I received a call for telephonic interview. After participating in the interview, another 2 weeks went by when I received tentative offer. Prepare yourself for the background check this can take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks. I was only asked 4 questions in the interview they were: how to interact in a group setting, how to deal with difficult people, problem solving and work maintenence and multi tasking.

Interview Questions
    • In addition to answering the questions must explain why, and how you decided on the actions you took.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. You will get what they offer. But you will not be disappointed. Interns make between 30 and 40k.

Legal Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at FDIC in July 2009.

Submitted application in March of 2009, not called or notified of any status until July 2009. Interview is a panel interview with 2 attorney's and one Resource Manager. Offered a job in August started two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Structured interview so all panelist asked a question that contained more than one question. Trying to remember the entire question when answering was difficult.   Answer Question
    Nothing to negotiate, but if you make more than the salary they are offering then you can submit proff of income to them to try to negotiate salary.