FDIC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Law Clerk Interview

Law Clerk
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FDIC in November 2011.

Interview Details – Flew to DC to speak with lead team. Sat at round table with 3 of their legal team leaders and they asked about 15 standard questions that are the typical bureaucratic style questions. They wouldn't really engage in questions after or elaborate on the questions they we're asking which we're very mechanical and strict.

Interview Question – Name a time you we're given responsibility for something and you failed   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Student Analyst Interview

Student Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FDIC in March 2013.

Interview Details – Easy interview. Basic behavioral questions and assessment of fit. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Negotiation Details – NA

Financial Management Scholar Interview

Financial Management Scholar

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FDIC.

Interview Details – Required to submit Letter of Rec, along with a somewhat lengthy online app. Basic things like resume and cv were also required. Phone interview was 4 basic questions almost felt like a standardized test. Got an offer the next day over the phone

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to show initiative? Please be specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, a lot of paperwork and background checks to go through though.

Senior Policy Analyst Interview

Senior Policy Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FDIC in December 2012.

Interview Details – It is a structured interview

Interview Question – Not difficult, questions are all on the same theme   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, need to present proof of old salary.

Technician Interview

Technician

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FDIC.

Interview Details – Applied on USA Jobs. Contacted for interview two months after position was done being listed on USA Jobs. Four person team interview you. Details questions regarding position and how you handled various work place scenarios in the past.

Interview Question – Describe how you would handle a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FDIC in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied in August 2013 and got called for an interview in October. I was a panel with standard questions. It lasted less than 30 minutes and I never heard back. I requested feedback but never received it.

Financial Institution Specialist Interview

Financial Institution Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FDIC.

Interview Details – Applied online. After application and closing of announcement a month went by when I received a call for telephonic interview. After participating in the interview, another 2 weeks went by when I received tentative offer. Prepare yourself for the background check this can take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks. I was only asked 4 questions in the interview they were: how to interact in a group setting, how to deal with difficult people, problem solving and work maintenence and multi tasking.

Interview Question – In addition to answering the questions must explain why, and how you decided on the actions you took.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. You will get what they offer. But you will not be disappointed. Interns make between 30 and 40k.

Legal Technician Interview

Legal Technician
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at FDIC in July 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted application in March of 2009, not called or notified of any status until July 2009. Interview is a panel interview with 2 attorney's and one Resource Manager. Offered a job in August started two weeks later.

Interview Question – Structured interview so all panelist asked a question that contained more than one question. Trying to remember the entire question when answering was difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate, but if you make more than the salary they are offering then you can submit proff of income to them to try to negotiate salary.

Senior IT Specialist Interview

Senior IT Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at FDIC in March 2009.

Interview Details – Knowledge of PC, Network, e-mail, Network printers and local printers and Blackberries.

Interview Question – Teach end-user/Client about MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – To get moore money per hour.

Financial Institution Specialist Interview

Financial Institution Specialist
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FDIC in March 2011.

Interview Details – They asked me mostly fit questions on the phone. There was a super day during which there was a writing assessment, and a few case presentations as well. The FDIC is really looking for someone who can fit into the culture of the FDIC which is quite particular. You really need to be a team player and emphasize your ability for discretion.

Interview Question – It really wasn't that difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Well its the government so negotiation is tough but not impossible if they really like you.