FEI

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at FEI.

Interview Details – I interviewed with at least three different sets of engineers. One showed me some code in C# and asked me to comment on it. I pointed out errors and such. Another asked me about database questions. Another asked me about how I go about debugging a problem.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was the interviewer handed me a diagram (not UML) which I was not familiar with and asked me to tell him what it diagrammed. I fumbled my way through it. I have not seen that type of diagram since my hire.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at FEI.

Interview Details – 1 Phone Interview 1 Onsite

Interview Question – Describe yourself on the white board   Answer Question

Inhouse Recruiter Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FEI in January 2009.

Interview Details – Initially was contacted by the recruiting manager. Then onsite interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Amicable

Applications Engineering Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at FEI in January 2012.

Interview Details – the hiring manager described their company and department. he asked about my researches, skills, and equipment I used.

Interview Question – what were projects you were involved in?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Eindhoven (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FEI in October 2011.

Interview Details – it was not a match.

Interview Question – what is the daily life do you think for this position?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for FEI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FEI interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by FEI employees and interview candidates.