FEV

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.1

Engineering Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FEV in November 2014.

The interviewer was friendly and courteous, questions were about academic history and based on my resume. I received the offer within a couple of days. However, they offered a low wage, so I wrote to the HR asking for a better pay. I am waiting for them to get back to me on the offer.

I wrote back asking for a better pay, I hope to hear back from them in a week.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FEV in September 2014.

Take a selfie for a Visitor's pass and it was a straight to a 1:1 Meeting with the Manager Mark. Interview was very straight forward as he went over Company Details, Work Life, and answered any Questions. He went through my Resume and inquired about Qualifications, Previous Work Experience. He is very kind and enlightening. Apart from this meeting, any other contact I had was a few emails from Recruiting & HR through email.

Interview Questions
    • It was a very straight forward Interview.   View Answer
    Terms were already exactly to My Wishes; Very quick process - Hired within a week.

Engineering Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FEV in April 2014.

Mostly all questions are related to your Resume and past experience, if any. Questions related to your current project and interests. If doing a thesis project , then please be prepared for the questions related to them. The interviewers Brief you about the work expected out of an intern.

No negotiation at all.....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FEV in April 2013.

Talked to FEV at a job fair, gave them my resume, and got a call. Came in for an interview, pretty straightforward. The only gripe I would have about the interview process is that they really did not give a good enough explanation of what FEV does, and it would have been nice if they showed the prospective employee around the place to have them get a feel for whether it's for them.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very straightforward and there were no curveballs.   Answer Question
    There was no opportunity for negotiation. Unfortunately, Engineering Assistants are kind of just there for FEV to profit on poorly managed projects.

Engineering Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FEV in March 2013.

Got a call from Sr Technical Recruiter on Monday to schedule a telephonic interview on friday. Interview was for 30 minutes. Mostly I was asked to describe my technical experiences in detail. No difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation. Fixed hourly rate!

Engineering Assistant Interview

The process is very fast. Got the offer letter the same day I was interviewed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FEV in November 2012.

It depends on which department you apply for. For me there was actually no formal interview. Once I had a informal conversation with the manager and after that they sent me my offer letter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FEV in June 2010.

The entire process was well laid out and smooth. I never got the impression that it was done last minute or without purpose. My first interview was done over the phone and the second in the office, which culminated in a tour of the facility. My first day was great all the paperwork, company values, rules, and standards were explained thoroughly. I received a second more in depth tours along with introductions to the key people I with whom I would be working.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was pretty standard for an intern without experience. Lighter more personal questions concerning life goals, aspirations, and "what do you do in your free time?".   Answer Question
    None, as this was for an internship.

Ingenieur Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aachen (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aachen (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FEV.

Ich habe mich über eine Jobmesse beworben und wurde 4 Tage später für ein Telefoninterview kontaktiert. Das Interview, das auf meinen Wunsch auf Englisch stattfand, dauerte 1 Stunde, und es ging vor allem darum, was ich im Studium mache und worum es in meiner Forschung geht. Nach einer Woche wurde ich nach Aachen zur zweiten Runde eingeladen. Im Bewerbungsgespräch waren 4 Leute, einschließlich des Personalchefs. Die Atmosphäre war sehr freundlich und angenehm, und das Gespräch dauerte 2 Stunden. Ich habe verschiedene Methoden erklärt, die ich bei meiner Arbeit verwendet habe, Kurse, Erfahrungen. Es gab keine technischen Fragen. Ich denke, es ging ihnen darum zu sehen, wie meine Erfahrungen und Kenntnisse zu dem Job passen. Ich bekam nach einer Woche eine Zusage. Der ganze Prozess lief sehr zügig.

I applied through a job messe and was contacted 4 days later for a telephon interview. The interview, which as I asked was in English, took long 1 hour, which was mainly concentrated about what I do now in my studies and what my research is focused on. After one week I was invited to go to Aachen for the second round. 4 people were in the interview including the HR. The atmosphere was very friendly and nice and the interview took 2 hours. I explained different methods that I have used during my work, courses, experiences. No technical question was made. I think the goal was to find out how my experiences and knowledge match the job. I got an offer after a week. The whole process was very quick.

Interview Questions
    • Nur eine Beispielfrage: Was für Methoden ich verwendet hätte, um die Optimierungstechniken zu verbessern, die ich bei meiner Arbeit verwende.   Just a sample question: What methods I used to improve the optimization techniques that I use in my work.   Answer Question
    Das Angebot war höher als mein Vorschlag während des Gesprächs.

Internship Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at FEV.

First I got a call from the Sr.Technical Recruiter and it was a casual talk about my area of specialization and the duration of the internship.

After a week, got a call from the Manager and all I did was explain about my course work after which he told me the department and kind of work done there.

Interview Questions
    • No question was asked in general. All I did was talk about the contents in my resume.   View Answer