FEV

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FEV in April 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to FEV at a job fair, gave them my resume, and got a call. Came in for an interview, pretty straightforward. The only gripe I would have about the interview process is that they really did not give a good enough explanation of what FEV does, and it would have been nice if they showed the prospective employee around the place to have them get a feel for whether it's for them.

Interview Question – The interview was very straightforward and there were no curveballs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no opportunity for negotiation. Unfortunately, Engineering Assistants are kind of just there for FEV to profit on poorly managed projects.

Very Easy Interview

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at FEV in June 2010.

Interview Details – The entire process was well laid out and smooth. I never got the impression that it was done last minute or without purpose. My first interview was done over the phone and the second in the office, which culminated in a tour of the facility. My first day was great all the paperwork, company values, rules, and standards were explained thoroughly. I received a second more in depth tours along with introductions to the key people I with whom I would be working.

Interview Question – Interview was pretty standard for an intern without experience. Lighter more personal questions concerning life goals, aspirations, and "what do you do in your free time?".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, as this was for an internship.

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FEV in November 2012.

Interview Details – It depends on which department you apply for. For me there was actually no formal interview. Once I had a informal conversation with the manager and after that they sent me my offer letter

Engineering Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FEV in March 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call from Sr Technical Recruiter on Monday to schedule a telephonic interview on friday. Interview was for 30 minutes. Mostly I was asked to describe my technical experiences in detail. No difficult questions.

Interview Question – What fluid is used in a hydraulic Dynamo-meter?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. Fixed hourly rate!

Interviewed at FEV

Interview Details – The process is very fast. Got the offer letter the same day I was interviewed.

Interview Question – How can you handle pressure situations ?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Aachen (Germany)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FEV.

Interview Details – I applied through a job messe and was contacted 4 days later for a telephon interview. The interview, which as I asked was in English, took long 1 hour, which was mainly concentrated about what I do now in my studies and what my research is focused on. After one week I was invited to go to Aachen for the second round. 4 people were in the interview including the HR. The atmosphere was very friendly and nice and the interview took 2 hours. I explained different methods that I have used during my work, courses, experiences. No technical question was made. I think the goal was to find out how my experiences and knowledge match the job. I got an offer after a week. The whole process was very quick.

Interview Question – Just a sample question: What methods I used to improve the optimization techniques that I use in my work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was higher than what I had suggested during the interview.

Very Easy Interview

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FEV.

Interview Details – First I got a call from the Sr.Technical Recruiter and it was a casual talk about my area of specialization and the duration of the internship.

After a week, got a call from the Manager and all I did was explain about my course work after which he told me the department and kind of work done there.

Interview Question – No question was asked in general. All I did was talk about the contents in my resume.   View Answer

Diesel Engine Engineer Interview

Diesel Engine Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at FEV.

Interview Details – Got called for the 1st round interview. Nothing technical was asked. Basically my expectations for the job and the salary. Also told me about their expectations about people filling the job. Unfortunately nothing followed up. Called the recuiter back several days later and he never returned the phone call

Interview Question – nothing really   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FEV in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied FEV because it came to our department to state that they would like to provide internship to us. Then I sent my resume to FEV, maybe after 1 month, I got the email from them and make a apointment with them to have a telephone internview. This interview will take like 30 minutes and all the questions are seems basic. Like: How do you know about FEV? or something about the engine difference...

Interview Questions

Design Release Engineer Interview

Design Release Engineer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FEV in February 2008.

Interview Details – I was not offered a job because I was currently employed.. was told that the other candidate didn't have a job, but had a family to support.. interesting philosophy.

Worked for FEV? Contribute to the Community!