FHI 360 Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FHI 360.

Interview

I knew someone working there, so I talked to the person first and then applied online. Then I was schedule for a phone interview. The phone interview with the panel took about an hour. They asked questions about my background, the research I have done, and also specific questions related to research.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FHI 360 (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had a friend that had worked on the project previously and warned me to stay away for multiple reasons, related to how the project was managed and how PAs were treated (and overworked). I asked the panel questions I knew the answer to in order to see what they told me--and they were predictably dishonest in order to get me hired quickly. I needed a change in jobs and only planned on being there a year until the contract ended--fortunately a better offer came in at another company and I left after 2 months. I won't look for jobs at this company again.

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview questions for an entry-level admin position   Answer Question

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FHI 360 (Washington, DC).

Interview

Took about a month from the time of application to invitation for the interview and response. The phone screening was friendly and I got more interested to move on to the next level of interviews. The 6 person panel set up was a bit unsettling but overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• A clear understanding of the job.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FHI 360.

Interview

People were casual and very friendly and made you feel comfortable. The over all process started with HR screening and then in-person interview. Both HR and in-person interviews lasted about one hour each. For the in-person interview, make sure you arrive in 10 - 15 before the actual interview time for settling in.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at FHI 360 in May 2015.

Interview

Over the phone and informal. The longest process was getting someone on the phone who could hire me I was reffered through a professor who introduced me to my manager. He was very busy but ultimately we worked it out.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked before? What did you do there? Why do you want this job? Do you think you could handle this job? What are your weaknesses and strengths.   Answer Question

Program Associate Interview

Interview

I was contacted by an HR rep for an initial interview, then asked to meet with 2 interviewers a few days later. I had a second round interview with 2 different people the following week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed to meet expectations. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FHI 360 (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an FHI 360 employee for the Program Officer position after they saw the job posting circulate. I submitted my application and credentials online and the very next morning received a call from a recruiter for the position which served as a preliminary phone interview. The recruiter then asked if I could come in the very next morning for a 1:1 interview. I interviewed with the person who's position I was applying for (they were being promoted). This interview was basic - it discussed my work experience, interests, academic background, etc. I was asked to complete a scenario test that would be emailed to me and due the next morning. Immediately after the interview I was asked to return for an interview the next day with the hiring managers. The interview with the hiring managers - one who would be my supervisor and the other with whom I would be working closely, was very thorough. It built on the basic interview I had the previous day and went further into detail about the position's demands, responsibilities and expectations. I answered questions that focused in-depth on relevant work experience and as well as work-ethic/personality questions. The hiring managers were direct, open to questions, and personable. Immediately after, I was asked for three references and three business days later I received an offer from my recruiter via phone call. I countered the salary offer. It took two weeks to receive a response to which my counter was rejected. I accepted the offer and my first day was two weeks later.

Contracting Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FHI 360 (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

A total of five interviews. The first two were over the phone with a HR recruiter, the third was in person with the director, the fourth was over the phone with 3 other contracting officers and the director, the fifth was in person with 2 contracting officers and the director.

Interview Questions

• Typical - what's your greatest strength, weaknesses, etc. Background information. Typical background on the company. Had to listen how fabulous everyone interviewing me were .   1 Answer

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FHI 360 (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

The interview process took me through four separate interviews with different people. The initial experience seemed to go along pretty fluidly; however, after I made it to the final steps for hiring, the HR process became dicey. The HR contact would not return phone calls nor stick to promised dates of getting back to me. Additionally, the people whom I interviewed with never followed up with me after meeting me four separate times. After dragging the entire process out for over two months, they eventually got back to me to let me know they had decided to hire someone else. Never mind the fact that they had stated they had had trouble making contact with my references (which they never did call or reach out to them...I checked back with them) and despite the fact that they led me on a merry chase that ended up nowhere....

Interview Questions

• What salary range are you expecting for this job?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FHI 360.

Interview

Multiple rounds with differnent panels; rather lengthy, but straight forward process. One did did the opportunity to meet not only the hiring manager, but also potential colleagues and manager's boss. Interview questions were not difficult -- fairly clear review of background and experience, based off of one's CV. Emphasis was clearly on whether or not one had the requisite skill set.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much room for negotiation--HR dept handled salary, and made it clear they expected people to fall within a given band and that there was little to no room. Salary was on the very low end of market rate, but the did do a re-assessment and bumped my salary up when they realized the market had changed (after i had beeen on the job for a couple of years)